10 days til hols

kerrynew1

I'm hoping to lose 5lbs before I go but my real worry is gaining loads while I'm away. I want to enjoy my holiday so won't be taking my shakes, any tips on not blowing it completely?

I go in 21 days and like you I want to enjoy my hols and at the same time not gain too much I am going AI for 2 weeks so it is likely I will gain a little and also have to consider the water weight. I am doing an AAM wk this week and then 2 wks stabisation so my body is used to normal eating again before I go. If you stay TS all the way until hols you will gain a lot as the body will go in to a kind of storage mode. While I am away I plan to go to the hotel gym every other day, swim lots and avoid foods like bread, cakes and pastry. I want to be able to enjoy a drink but am planning to avoid beer as much as possible (will be hard nothing better than a cold beer on hol) and stay clear of high kcal cocktails like piña c.
I am going straight back on TS the day after I come home so hopefully anything I gain will be lost in that first week back on the diet and then I can get on with losing the last 2 stone.
hope you have a nice hol!

I went on an all inclusive and only put on 1.75lb, completely off the diet. The only thing I did was to not eat bread and pasta. I ate a couple of pancakes in the morning, and had small amounts of rice. I filled up on fish, seafood, ,salads, fruit, chicken and meat and even ate deserts, and drank what I wanted. I think the answer is to keep really active. This doesn't mean having to go to the gym, not something I'd do on hols. I do lots of beach walking, which is a great work out, swimming in the sea against currents (if you're a good swimmer) watersports and cycling. Just get that metabolism going. I usually lose weight on holiday, because I am so much more active.

Ps I drank beer and lots of Pina Coladas (my favourite)

Back