10 Stone+

Mind if I hang out here? My partner has decided to loose weight and joined the local slimming world and I managed to go along with him last week. Not sure how I'll do one Thursday though as my downfall right now is syns. I crave sweets and chocolate all the time so I had some kitkats in the house and was suppose to have one a day... well they all went :( On the plus side I did join up to the gym and going there also. I don't mind exercise though once I'm there, getting me there is a different matter.

Good luck with your weigh in I hope you manage to get your next shiny :)

Gamy - You have a couple of choices now hun. You can either say ok I ate too many kit kats draw a line and be 100% on plan or say s*d it I've blown it and go off plan.

Have you looked into what treats you can have for your syns. I used to love mixing an options hot choc powder with some 0% greek yoghurt and would make a big bowl of yummy chocolate goodness for around 2 or 3 syns depending on what flavour I used. Other yummy things I used to enjoy were the pink n whites (they are 2 wafers with marshmallow in between) if you microwave them for 10 seconds they swell up. Yummy, and only 2.5 syns.

I've ended up changing my meal plan a little bit because I bought the new magazine yesterday and there are some yummy recipes in it that I can't wait to try but also both my freezers are full so I need to use up some of what is in at the moment.

Don't worry Gamy.. It's hard to get out of life long habits.
I personally went cold turkey my first week and avoided that stuff.. Then I blew it all my second week and had pizza and put on 3 :rolleyes:

but yeah doing both to the extremes helped me work out a way that I can do, and I've adjusted SW to help suit around my needs if that makes sense :)

You ladies sure were lucky fairys!! 3.5lbs off and SOTW.. :D

GET9OrO.jpg

Mind if I hang out here? My partner has decided to loose weight and joined the local slimming world and I managed to go along with him last week. Not sure how I'll do one Thursday though as my downfall right now is syns. I crave sweets and chocolate all the time so I had some kitkats in the house and was suppose to have one a day... well they all went :( On the plus side I did join up to the gym and going there also. I don't mind exercise though once I'm there, getting me there is a different matter.

Welcome and good luck. :) First step is the hardest and you already done that. You will be fine hun :)

I'm on a downer tonight, feel like I have eaten too much but there are kievs left on my OH's plate that are calling out to me :(

Breakfast: fat free yoghurt with strawberries, blue berries, black currants, raspberries, mango.

Snack: nectarine

Lunch: Chicken pasta salad - lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, sweet corn, carrot, cucumber, fat free yoghurt and mint sauce.

Snack: nectarine, some ham and some beef

Tea: Creamy carbonara - bacon, cherry tomatoes, spinach, spring onions, mushroom, garlic and pasta.

I haven't had my Healthy extras which are my main struggle really as I don't really do bread or dairy although I've just bought some Coco Caramel Shreddies so might have a bowl of those as my HEA and HEB.

Must ignore the kievs.

Must ignore the kievs.

Have you tried hifi bars or alpen bars if you don't like bread. There are also some none dairy milks you can have as your HEA which might help. Don't forget to have your syns too hun.

Yeah I've got some hifi bars in the rocky road ones but I just don't fancy them tonight. I can tolerate milk on cereal or cheese on a lasagne etc just not a massive fan of them so try to incorporate them into meals. I haven't forgotten about my syns either there just isn't anything I fancy lol. I'm just in one of those moods where if I wasn't on slimming world I would have eaten the kievs no problems I just feel like I've eaten so much but also I don't want to eat just for the sake of eating or because I'm on a downer

Dont worry about eating to much as long as its free foods. We have so much weight to lose that best thing is to eat. Thats how SW works - eat and dont feel guilty about it. Kiev is very nice idd , but you can do it sw stile and still enjoy it =) If you dont like bread as your healthy extra - you can use it to make breadcrumbs for your kiev or croutons for your salad or soup. Or you you like you can have dry fruit as heb, olive oil. There is lots of options =)

What ever you do , dont go hungry - more is more - you have choice power and you strong. Eat , eat and eat some more and lose weight. God I love SW - I eat more then I ever eat and still losing =)

I have the same trouble with healthy extras. For me cereal bars are the way to go, I find Weetabix rainbow smashems good as I only need to have 1. I don't mind drinking milk so I'm good there, although I found dairylea triangles good as I can just mix them in on a jacket, pasta etc. My OH has cheese strings of all things. I also find OH can have what I'm having, not cooking anything special unless I fancy things he doesn't like.

Weigh in soon, going to the gym first though.

Yeah me and OH have the same meals it was just he decided he wanted kievs with his carbonara (out of the new magazine - very yummy) then he didn't bloody eat them lol. I ended up eating one and synning it, it wasn't worth the 13.5syns.

I've had my coco caramel shreddies this morning though and they were nice but not as amazing as I'd hoped for. I will stick with having them though as I need to work on eating dairy as I have arthritis and apparently calcium is also great for weight loss. I think sometimes cereal bars are a bit too much like chocolate/biscuits for me and its the temptation to have more than just 1.

I managed to loose 3 1/2 pounds tonight, would have so been more if I hadn't eaten all the kitkats though. Positive for this week though. Want to loose 4lbs then I get my first certificate :)

We're both new at this and its just figuring out what works for us. We'll get there I'm sure.

I managed to loose 3 1/2 pounds tonight, would have so been more if I hadn't eaten all the kitkats though. Positive for this week though. Want to loose 4lbs then I get my first certificate :)

We're both new at this and its just figuring out what works for us. We'll get there I'm sure.
Well done, congrats :)

Well done Gamy,, 3.5lb is a great loss.

I've just had my tea and it was omnomnom delicious. So good I could have licked the plate clean lol.

Having a really good day and feel great :D

Well done Gamy,, 3.5lb is a great loss.

I've just had my tea and it was omnomnom delicious. So good I could have licked the plate clean lol.

Having a really good day and feel great :D

Glad to see you happy :)
I know the feeling when I could lick plate clean ... way too often lol :D

Thanks guys. I'm up at some unrecognisable hour as I have such a busy day the only time I could fit the gym in was at 7am. Got a day off tomorrow though as I have no childcare for my children, but we're going to a swimming birthday party for my son. They don't feed kids now days at parties so I suspect we'll end up eating out. Maybe I can manage to get a nice jacket out, otherwise it will be McDonalds and I know I won't behave in there.

We've been up a while too, when my family had McDonald's on Tuesday I nipped to the Aldi over the road and bought a salad bowl and some prawns. Quite enjoyed it as well. I think McDonalds salad is quite low in syns.

Back