10 Stone+

Well done and congratulations! You're doing so well. :D

I lost 6lbs last night which was over two weeks & got my 5 stone award :character00100:

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned

well done hun, I also picked up mine this week too! Felt so good getting it :)

club 10 is when you lose 10% of your start weight.

Well done on everyone getting their 5st awards.

I'm not sure what it is about Sunday's as this is the 2nd Sunday in a row I've just eaten crap. I find it highly annoying. Any ideas on quick snacks I can have ready in the fridge when I want something?

Hi all,

mind if I join in too? I am going to restart SW again very soon. Am joining when things settle down - new kitchen being fitted plus total house refurb - we are living with inlaws right now but hope to be home in a few weeks. I believe I have over 13 st to loose in total, not sure exactly. I have started and given up so many times it's partly embarrassing (oh it's her again, oh she's failed again), and partly infuriating thinking of what I could have lost if I stuck to it all those times.
Anyway I just wanted to say I am finding all your stories and successes really inspirational so thank you. I hope I can also add my story here too. Am currently spending the next few weeks getting my head in the right place for joining SW. Am trying to think about it as a long term lifestyle change and hoping that I stop this cycle of getting disheartened with speed of loss and amount I have to loose.
i have brought the latest SW mag to help, looks like some yummy food in it :) just hope I can do it this time!

Hiya :D I've only just seen this thread and thought I'd pop in with a few words of encouragement ...

I joined on September 16 last year, with around 10 stone to lose to get into healthy BMI. Like Guru, it seemed so daunting that I broke it down into little chunks - the next stone zone, the next BMI point, the next half stone and so on - just concentrating on little bits at a time and enjoying the lifestyle change :)

Along the way I learned to listen to my body and second guess my mind in terms of food, which was (for me) probably the most important thing as I'm planning to stay on plan for life now, but (anyway lol), here I am, less than a year later having lost 11 1/2 stone and at a lower target than I was ever expecting or hoping for.

If I can do it then so can you all ... you might not take the same route, and it might take longer but you WILL get there :D xxx

Hi all,

mind if I join in too? I am going to restart SW again very soon. Am joining when things settle down - new kitchen being fitted plus total house refurb - we are living with inlaws right now but hope to be home in a few weeks. I believe I have over 13 st to loose in total, not sure exactly. I have started and given up so many times it's partly embarrassing (oh it's her again, oh she's failed again), and partly infuriating thinking of what I could have lost if I stuck to it all those times.
Anyway I just wanted to say I am finding all your stories and successes really inspirational so thank you. I hope I can also add my story here too. Am currently spending the next few weeks getting my head in the right place for joining SW. Am trying to think about it as a long term lifestyle change and hoping that I stop this cycle of getting disheartened with speed of loss and amount I have to loose.
i have brought the latest SW mag to help, looks like some yummy food in it :) just hope I can do it this time!

Welcome on board hun. You can do this trust me I've tried every diet under the sun but SW is just a way of life for me I don't think of it as a diet because you can eat so much and your favourite meals just cooked differently xx

Hiya :D I've only just seen this thread and thought I'd pop in with a few words of encouragement ...

I joined on September 16 last year, with around 10 stone to lose to get into healthy BMI. Like Guru, it seemed so daunting that I broke it down into little chunks - the next stone zone, the next BMI point, the next half stone and so on - just concentrating on little bits at a time and enjoying the lifestyle change :)

Along the way I learned to listen to my body and second guess my mind in terms of food, which was (for me) probably the most important thing as I'm planning to stay on plan for life now, but (anyway lol), here I am, less than a year later having lost 11 1/2 stone and at a lower target than I was ever expecting or hoping for.

If I can do it then so can you all ... you might not take the same route, and it might take longer but you WILL get there :D xxx

Hi MollyMolly, thanks for stopping by. It's stories like yours that are so inspiring. That was some going to lose that is a year. Well done to you. You must be so proud of yourself. do you mind me asking what kept you on track and do you have any tips for us? really hope I can do as well as you :) xx

Thanks NewMe :) ... initially I was expecting it to take me about 2 years or so to get to my original target - after all the weight didn't go on quickly, it was a gradual process over years ;) To get to target this quickly has been completely unexpected but the real bonus is that I've learned to listen to my body and question my mind lol.

My top tips would be planning, planning and planning ... I do a meal plan for each week on a Monday and then a shopping list off the back of that. I shop on Tuesdays after work and only buy what's on my list (avoiding the temptation aisles where possible lol). That way I'm more or less forced to stick to my meal plan because I don't have other stuff in the house (apart from a free food store cupboard in case of emergencies or famine ;) ).

I also spend 1 Saturday every six weeks or so batch cooking (about 6 different meals) that I freeze in individual portions. That way, if I can't face cooking from scratch after a busy day at work I have a stock of 'ready meals' that I can just microwave and serve with veg/pasta etc. That's been a lifesaver at times! I love to cook as well and I've enjoyed experimenting with making really tasty meals that are on plan - be brave in the kitchen! :D

Keeping on track was made easy for me to be honest - the immediate health benefits of eating on plan (my IBS vanished as soon as I started, as did my constant heartburn and general sluggishness) and the way I felt if I ate anything off plan (guilty lol but also actually ill) were big incentives. If I was tempted by something then I would acknowledge that I could have it if I wanted , but made (make!) myself wait for 10 minutes so that I can think it through and make sure I REALLY want it, taking into account how it's going to make me feel mentally and physically. 99 times out of 100 I end up not eating it and being happy with that decision :)

As I say though - everyone's journey is different and ideally we will each take the route and time that we need in order to not only lose the weight, but also to change our whole attitudes to food and eating along the way :D I still love food, but I'm a lot more 'mindful' now and much more tuned in to what I'm eating - tastes, textures, health benefits and how it makes me feel xxx

Congratulations on maintaining MollyMolly. I have started to make a meal plan for next week. I've had such a bad week though, I don't even fancy going tonight but I know I must regardless of the outcome.

Well what a week I've had. Some one told me I was fat, which I will admit that I am, hence joined slimming world, so instead of ignoring it I went and did some comfort eating. The person who made the comment wasn't skinny either and she had more than 5+ stones herself to loose. I could really kick myself. Also I found out I am pregnant again today so not sure where that leaves me now.

Yay!!! :D Congratulations on your news Gamy :wow: SW is fine to do while pregnant (just about the only 'diet' that is because it's essentially just healthy eating) - just speak to your consultant and he/she will be able to give you the info. I think you will get some extra HEs.

I do my meal plans on an excell sheet (because I AM that sad lol), and save about 4 weeks worth of them on the same sheet - it helps to stop me having the same things too often and getting bored with it - kind of like forcing me to ring the changes.

I'm crap at maintaining though, so definitely don't deserve any praise for that ;) - I'm so much in my comfort zone with what I was eating to lose that, despite adding extra HEs and bits and bobs I still keep losing at the moment. It's a learning curve though and I'll get there eventually (or vanish completely lol) xxx

Congratulations on maintaining MollyMolly. I have started to make a meal plan for next week. I've had such a bad week though, I don't even fancy going tonight but I know I must regardless of the outcome.

Well what a week I've had. Some one told me I was fat, which I will admit that I am, hence joined slimming world, so instead of ignoring it I went and did some comfort eating. The person who made the comment wasn't skinny either and she had more than 5+ stones herself to loose. I could really kick myself. Also I found out I am pregnant again today so not sure where that leaves me now.

That is awful that someone was so cheeky Gamy. Just ignore them.

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Slimming World is one of the few diet plans you can do while pregnant - you need to speak to your consultant who will give you a form to get your midwife/gp to sign to say they are okay with it and then you can carry on.

Back