100% Accountable

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I've come to this part of the forum because I need to be 100% accountable. I'm really struggling to get back on track with CD. I was off to a great start at the beginning of the year, but then my Gran died and everything went pear shaped, since then I've struggled to get my mojo back. I cant keep using her death as an excuse so I'm here, hiding in the 100% section for a while, until I can get back in the swing of things.

I need to keep a food (free) diary of what CD products I'm having, just to keep me focussed, it's worked for me in the past and I need it to work again, got 3st 4lbs to lose before my holiday in September. I'd love to lose it before my birthday at the end of May and the only way I can do it is 100% SS. So here I am, tomorrow will be Day 1. I have 180 days to my holidays and want to lose as much as I can by then, but definitely need to lose the 3st 4lbs by then.

I'm sure you can do it ! Keep positive and you will find lots of support along the way :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I'm sure you will lose the weight, just think about your birthday coming up then that lovely holiday in September :)

Fresh start, lovey. Clear decks, empty fridge, no safe foods... 100% all the way. You want it and you can do it.

Good luck Surfhunny! I am kinda in the same boat and have told myself this is the LAST restart I will ever do. If I fail this time, its time to move on and I don't want to move on as I know this works! I am fast running out of time for all my "aims" so I will be joining you!!

How is today going for you? whats your yummy CD menu for today?

x

Today is not a great choice, I'm trying the lactose free shakes. I've been suffering with chronic stomach pain and just wonder if I've managed to develop a lactose intolerance (doubtful but you never know) so I'm going to be sticking to the chocolate orange and cappucino shakes for a couple of days to see how I feel.

So far I've had:
Chocolate Orange Shake
Water.

I agree with what everyone else has said. Also, if you have an iPhone, there is a great free app called My Fitness Pal. I use it to log all my CD meals, water, exercise, measurements and weight. I have found it invaluable.

Good luck x

Mrs_Mckean said:
I agree with what everyone else has said. Also, if you have an iPhone, there is a great free app called My Fitness Pal. I use it to log all my CD meals, water, exercise, measurements and weight. I have found it invaluable.

Good luck x

I have it, I just forget to use it, but I will give it another go, just to keep track.

So today:
Choc orange x2
Water 3litres
Just about to have Cappucino shake.

I have been a bit AWOL this last week because I've had to come off CD for a week. Been having stomach problems, pain in my lower abdomen for months, finally got up courage to check it out and Dr asked me to come off CD for a week then get blood and urine tests done. I can go right back onto SS on Wed after the tests though.

Ive been a bit naughty this week but I'm 100% focused as soon as I'm allowed to get back on it. In fact this little break has made me feel so grotty I can't wait to get back onto CD and SS. The GP thinks I have irritable bowel syndrome, sparked off by a bout of Norovirus I had back in December, the tests are to rule anything else out. Been prescribed Movicol and my symptoms are much better, not gone completely but definitely much better, I only have slight pain and it's not all day or every day like before!

I've been for my tests at the doctors today, so I'm back to SSing tomorrow morning. Had a good chat with CDC and she says I seem a lot more focused and positive about doing this now. I've also had a long chat to my two closest friends who have both agreed to support me 100% with this, even though one of them is dead against VLCDs.

I've paid off the last of my holiday balance, and we went looking at summer clothes and for the first time in a long time I'm excited about losing weight, so I can buy a whole load of new summer clothes for my holidays.

So I'm feeling very positive and looking forward to a few months of good clean SS. Only CD and water to pass my lips!!!

Ketosis on day 2 that's gotta be some kind of record!! I tested tonight because I've been freezing all day despite the lovely weather. I'm sitting here frozen, but it's a good thing :) going in the bath shortly to get warm. So far so good!!

Drs again on Wednesday for results - scared :(

So first big test tomorrow, I'm in a course run by the Home Office, strategic preparation for the Olympics (keep calling it my Olympic training lol). They always put on a good spread because its a national thing. There will be temptation galore but I'm going to take a tetra and a bar and stick with that!! I'll have to be strong but I can do it!!

Thank you!! Very proud of myself today, while everyone else tucked into all sorts for breakie and lunch I had a choc orange bar and black coffee!! My only down fall has been that I've only managed the minimum water today as I couldn't dash out to the loo and I'm not staying up all night peeing. Really pleased with how I did today!!!

Last edited:
Another day of successfully avoiding temptation in the bag. I'm on Day 6 tomorrow and well and truly on a roll now. The only thing that's getting me down is my poor stomach and the fact that I'm scared to death (and of death) about what's wrong with me, I'm scared of what the results of the blood tests will say, and what if they don't provide an answer?? In scared that it's CD that's doing this to me, even though I'm sure it's not because I wasn't doing CD when I first started getting symptoms. Aaargh scared!! :cry:

Thread moved to main forum due to food references

Back