100%? But what about the other plans?

In my opinion, I honestly think people are taking this all out of context. I have not cheated once but feel sure I will at some point. When I do I will talk about it on other forum. Does it really matter? The only reason I got through the first few days was because I was talking to ppl who were doing this 100% and I think that's important. But whatever forum, I can't see why that matters. You can still belong to your group they just might move their location.

Reactions: DQ
I don't think group wants to move location which is fair enough. just means i have to go. Sad but thats what democracy is about. i do not want to have to think about everything i am saying in my group cos then it loses its support feel, and i do not want to jeopardise anyone else's experiences.

Thanks Broxi - that is exactly what we're trying to create/maintan - a place of support for people, whatever stage they're at :thankyou:

When I do I will talk about it on other forum. Does it really matter? .

Not really in the grand scheme of things. If people want it to be the same, we can merge the forums. Otherwise no point in having this forum.

Some people would rather this didn't happen. It matters to them. So just need to find out how we can make this different, so there's no need to merge.

"might" being the operative word.

Can I just say, that I think the set up on the forums works really really well.
When I first started CD, I stuck to the 100% forums religiously, mainly because I hadn`t bothered looking around the various forums !

Initially, when I needed the most support, had I seen posts about `cheating` and still managing to lose, I honestly believe I would have gone off the rails.

Its vital that when on CD you really get your head around the rules until you firmly establise your weight loss.

I now occasionally dip in to other forums, just out of curiosity, and sometimes for tips for the future.
But for any newcomers to CD, its vital that they know that by sticking to the plan 100% they WILL get results.

I know for a fact that if I read about successful cheats, I would have blown this diet weeks ago.

There really is a place for everyone on whatever forums suit them best, so I don`t understand the upset?

KD as always, fantastic with your support !!

Not been on all weekend really, so quite sad to see this. The 100% forum is a great forum and very supportive.
I post on both 100% and normal (not that we're not normal on 100%) CD forum as I like to read about all sorts.

I can hear about food today. Tomorrow I might not be able to. Tomorrow it might make me want to cheat. Additionally, I get frustrated with posts basically asking permission to cheat. Lets face it, there are a few. If you're not overly supportive along the lines of 'oh you'll be fine, don't worry, it's okay' then you are criticised for it or I was once. On that occasion I had several messages from other members supporting me which was lovely.

My point is that 100% is a refuge away from food. Why is it hard to post in normal forum if you want to talk about food? Confused about that. It's just considerate surely. New members (and old actually) don't want to hear about how you can cheat and still drop 3lbs! I don't cheat and have dropped 2lb for the last two weeks!

It's not 100%ers getting high and mighty it's 100%ers trying to be 100% and be positive, for themselves and their friends old and new that they are trying to support.

I wouldn't change a thing with the way the forums are. Of course people will make the occasional mistake, especially if new. Never seen one chastised though - the post is just moved, by a mod, you are unlikely to even notice lol.

No-one on here is a dictator. From what I can see issues like this make impossible tasks for mods. You can't please everyone.

i think this has got out of hand, if we all just follow the rules everyone should be fine as i understand its cd main forum if anyone wants to talk about any blips they have had. then cd 100% for those that are 100% strict then strictly ss if you are just completely sole source, its not hard to understand and i am feeling sad that some people are feeling upset its just that we have become muddled. i too have had a slip up and its not good it made me feel bad for me because at the end of the day i had let myself down and minis were there for me with advice and motivation to succeed that what its all about or so i think anyway xxx

I think KD hit the nail on the head the last time this subject came up, the problem arises when the 100% forum is viewed as a place for 100% people, when it is in fact a forum for 100% posts, so the issue of feeling "welcome" or not doesn't come into it.

I think it's a big shame when forums become clique-y; me I enjoy posting across all of the forums depending on my mood/topic of conversation i.e. my maintenance diary over in the Maintainers forum, general chit chat in the main forum and my 100% experiences here - I don't feel excluded from any of them (or so I like to think - I may be deluded there :D)

i still dont know where i need to be, i am 100% and intent to stay that was 100% ss even on hols but i need to say god i went on a picnic and still had my shake, or cooked for inlaws and they had my fav icecream for pud and i still had shake, this is what helps keep me 100% im not saying they had my fav icecream AND I LICKED MY FINGERS... cos i dont even do that. so what forum should i be using and i only want to talk about these things with my friends who i am in a group with on cd 100% if we are all having this sort of chat within group, where should our group be,
thanks cos im finding this really confusing xx
i dont want to hear about cheats if im not even licking my fingers lol x

when you 1st click onto either forum a box comes up at the top and tells you what you can and cant post about, you can post in whichever forum is relevant depending on what you want to say hun xxx

Reactions: DQ
I think KD hit the nail on the head the last time this subject came up, the problem arises when the 100% forum is viewed as a place for 100% people, when it is in fact a forum for 100% posts, so the issue of feeling "welcome" or not doesn't come into it.

Yep. Nail firmly hit on head. I appear to keep missing though :D

I understand people getting quite protective of the 100% forum but I suspect a lot of regulars on 100% still read and reply to the posts on the general forum even though they mention blips etc.

My opinion is (not that it counts I suppose) to just combine the two. If you're committed to doing any of the plans 100% then the mention of food would not make you go and eat. Afterall how many turn over the telly when a food advert comes on or avoids seeing or hearing family and work colleagues talk about and eat food. For me it's important not to isolate myself from the mention of food completely as CD is temporary and eventually I will have to go back in to the big wide (food) world again.

I understand people getting quite protective of the 100% forum but I suspect a lot of regulars on 100% still read and reply to the posts on the general forum even though they mention blips etc.

My opinion is (not that it counts I suppose) to just combine the two. If you're committed to doing any of the plans 100% then the mention of food would not make you go and eat. Afterall how many turn over the telly when a food advert comes on or avoids seeing or hearing family and work colleagues talk about and eat food. For me it's important not to isolate myself from the mention of food completely as CD is temporary and eventually I will have to go back in to the big wide (food) world again.

This, exactly this.

People keep saying "this isn't intended as a divide between the two forums", but if people want to 'not see food', they aren't going to venture into the Cambridge general forum anymore, so it will become a them and us thing.

If they do still go into the forum, then what's the point in having two seperate ones?

I think there should be one main forum - and if someone is going to start a thread mentioning food, just start it with "WARNING: Non CD food mentioned", and if people want to avoid it, they can. Anyone who posts about food in a thread where there is no warning in the title should have their post removed/edited, or just flagged up to the user in question by other CD members so they can alert the poster to the problem and allow them to edit it.

I certainly understand the current system, and if it works for most people then keep it that way, I'd much rather other people were kept happy than just myself. However, I don't really agree with it at the mo.

I also still don't agree with the fact that, you can be part of a group on the 100% forum that everyone intends to stick to 100%, then if someone has a slip up they have to talk to 'strangers' who don't know their personal goals and ups and downs in the main CD forum, it doesn't seem very helpful or supportive to me.

On the other hand, I do think there should be more slapped wrists in regards to people saying "its ok" to those who cheat. It isn't OK and it's not the way it's supposed to be done, it's supposed to be 100%! And how will that person then be able to ever learn?
I think "you know you made a mistake, put it behind you, don't let it happen again and move forward" etc is OK, but not "oh dont worry we all have a slip up from time to time, you'll still lose!"

So no "cheat encouraging" should be allowed I don't think either..... maybe that's a bit of a Hitler-esque policy to introduce, but just what I think :p

I don't really mind if it is two forums or one.

But what really hit me after reading the long discussion about what the difference should be, was that the intention is that you are not part of a particular forum, but instead you post on different forums (depending on the topic of your subject). I never knew this. I just picked the 100% forum (cause that was what I was gonna do), and then I got a subscription to it, and never left it again :). I haven't even read on the other forums! I did also read the rules in the beginning, but frankly forgot about them. They are hidden quite well above the ads on the page, and no wonder that people miss reading them (maybe bigger fonts are in order?).

I do like the fact that there is a difference between the forums. I have done WW before, and on these forums we always talked about blips, and upcoming social events, and sort of gave each other "permission" to "have fun that day, and get straight back on the program the next day", "oh don't worry about the blip, we all do it (+ a few examples)", and so on. I was quite amazed and happy to receive a message from this forum (when I first got on and started focusing on the vacation/"problems" I saw was coming up over the next few months) "Well, you can do it, just make up your mind". It was quite refreshing not getting a "permission", it changed my way of thinking. And for sure, it went really well to have a shake at the barbecue! I survived, and so did the others :).

And it is also refreshing not having to read about different cravings and so on. It does affect me on my week days :). But I also think most of the time it is really clear what the thread is about, and I stay away of those I don't think is interesting for me.

As I am writing down my thoughts, I realize that I am pro having these different forums!

Reactions: KD
I did also read the rules in the beginning, but frankly forgot about them. They are hidden quite well above the ads on the page, and no wonder that people miss reading them (maybe bigger fonts are in order?).

Yes, agree. That's where most of the problem lies IMO, and the reason that I wanted this discussion to come up, and why I would like to make the 'rules' clearer. Before doing so, it was good to have the opportunity to find out how people really wanted to make this forum different from the main forum, so as to help stop misunderstandings in the future :)

I was quite amazed and happy to receive a message from this forum (when I first got on and started focusing on the vacation/"problems" I saw was coming up over the next few months) "Well, you can do it, just make up your mind". It was quite refreshing not getting a "permission",

Absolutely and very well put. Having said that, people want different types of 'support', and isn't it great that their needs can be catered for accordingly. More about that in a mo.

Reactions: Asa
Yes, it's great that you can post on different forums according to your current need for support, or what type of support you want.

Thanks for the "very well put" comment by the way, it made my day :D. Why you might wonder? Well, I am Swedish, and I never think I get the message across properly when writing on the forums. Sometimes it is difficult to get the words right, but this time it seemed to work out alright anyway :D.

Yep, and IMO, that's how it should be :) I'm not totally comfortable with people 'avoiding' the main forum. The main forum is the main place so to speak. This forum is for some respite when you need to get away when there are waves of mass negativity.

Which is why it confuses me when people chose a forum for non blip talk, and then talk about blipping. Just in the same way as it would confuse me if people complained about not getting support for SW if they were posting in the WW forum :D

Back