100%? But what about the other plans?

Thanks for the "very well put" comment by the way, it made my day :D. Why you might wonder? Well, I am Swedish, and I never think I get the message across properly when writing on the forums. Sometimes it is difficult to get the words right, but this time it seemed to work out alright anyway :D.

And I agree. The post was very well put :clap: Cripes, it's kind of embarrasing that you can put the point over so well in a 2nd language, when I struggle to explain my first language :eek::eek::eek::D

For me it's important not to isolate myself from the mention of food completely as CD is temporary and eventually I will have to go back in to the big wide (food) world again.

Yep, agree with that. Though it's good to have a time in the day when you can away from it don't you think, especially if you are fighting big demons that day.

Rather like being able to change channels when the M&S adverts come on, especially if they've sat down to relax after a day of cooking, feeding kids, avoiding foods in the office. Would it be so wrong to just be able to change the channel and still watch something else on the TV to relax?

This forum is the 'different' channel. Rather than a place for people to live 24/7. Respite from it all for some time in the day:)

Haha, KD, that's not really true :). I think you are really good at getting the point across. I read the whole thread when you asked about what the difference should be between the two forums. You summed it up really clear for me. Then I finally got the difference between them.

Haha, KD, that's not really true :). I think you are really good at getting the point across. I read the whole thread when you asked about what the difference should be between the two forums. You summed it up really clear for me. Then I finally got the difference between them.

Thanks for that. Maybe I'm better at explaining to Swedes :D

If they do still go into the forum, then what's the point in having two seperate ones?

As it has been recently, then no...no point at all. If you go to a non blip forum and find a load of blip mentions, then it needs to be either sorted, or the forum needs merging. At the moment, I'm in the 'lets sort it' camp, rather than the merge, so people at least get a choice.

I think there should be one main forum - and if someone is going to start a thread mentioning food, just start it with "WARNING: Non CD food mentioned", and if people want to avoid it, they can.
There are times that the majority want to mention foods off plan (very often in detail). History has shown that most people don't want to use their subject headings every time they might mention it. We've tried that, and just end up with masses of discussion about why it shouldn't need to be put in the subject heading etc etc

However, I don't really agree with it at the mo.
Which is absolutely fine. There is no law that says you have to use the facility :)
I also still don't agree with the fact that, you can be part of a group on the 100% forum that everyone intends to stick to 100%, then if someone has a slip up they have to talk to 'strangers' who don't know their personal goals and ups and downs in the main CD forum, it doesn't seem very helpful or supportive to me.
Yes, but maybe that because people sometimes use this forum not as intended. If they chose to only make friends on a no blip forum, then if they then blip, they can either chose to not mention it, or make friends elsewhere. Otherwise, the whole point of the forum is a nonsense.

On the other hand, I do think there should be more slapped wrists in regards to people saying "its ok" to those who cheat.
I totally disagree with that big time. Because it is okay to cheat. And it's okay to cheat without a slapped wrist. All depends on that persons goals, where they are in their lives, what they are dealing with outside the forum etc. We don't always know.

I think more food issues come from people believing that cheating is 'bad' 'naughty' something to be ashamed of, and so need punishment, than just needing to get away from negative posts for a few minutes a day..or avoiding talk of (edited out description of MS food adverts and suchlike).

It isn't OK and it's not the way it's supposed to be done, it's supposed to be 100%! And how will that person then be able to ever learn?
It depends. If you want to get to goal as soon as possible, then yes, doing the diet 100% is the only way. People have different needs though and need support in different ways.

Some need a quick kick on the shins to remind them of what they need to do to achieve their goals. Some people need reassurance that they haven't blown it completely, that we do understand, and that they'll be okay. Really depends and it's very hard to know which approach to take on a forum. A case of trying to read between the lines.
I think "you know you made a mistake, put it behind you, don't let it happen again and move forward" etc is OK, but not "oh dont worry we all have a slip up from time to time, you'll still lose!"
And this is what some well intentioned people do, maybe because they are in that place in their heads. If we banned people from saying this, we'd be accused of being unsupportive etc and suggesting that people have really blown it for that week...possibly leaving some to have a major binge. Well, blown it, and the scales aren't going to show a loss, might as well finish off the rest of the fridge and be done with it.

See, we all different. Have different needs, need different kinds of encouragement and support. Hence different forums.

If you're committed to doing any of the plans 100% then the mention of food would not make you go and eat.

I absolutely agree with that.

On the other hand, I realize that I'm not like everyone else in terms of what I do CD wise. I haven't cheated, won't cheat and reading about blips does not put me off, on the contrary, frankly, it gives me even more determination not to be a :break_diet:

This will sound bad but it is in fact more in support of what KD said about very different strokes for different folks. The "belonging" part.... I don't know. I've met some amazingly wise and astute members here and some sweet people. On the other hand, of the initial group 5 months ago when I started there's no one left so I don't feel particularly attached to any sub-forum or group. I don't feel minimins is a place of deeply involved emotional daily support to me but then again I hardly need that type of support, this is a personal journey, I need info and the knowledge that it is doable, this life turnaround we're all working on.

In other words I need info on methods, debate on nutrition, emotional challenges and rewards and life habits and a place where role models dwell. (Personally, I'll be honest at the risk of being categorized as a bitc*, I need to see the opposite of role models too, it motivates me to succeed.) I can't understand the group part too well, how anyone is courageous enough to form tight cliques and risk their success by reading about others failing or letting their experience influence how they go through this, is just a mystery to me but then again, I get that's what some people need. -What Åsa said before, the "permission" aspect is very strong in as far as cheating is concerned in groups, IMO-.

However, I absolutely agree that accountability is crucial and some realize that too and come here to be held accountable and on the straight and narrow by their group. That I find very logical. So in other words, if the forums/sub-forums/groups/teams are there to help with this difficult journey there should be gazillions of them, if they become a tool to facilitate failing I'm not too sure. And that's the point of the 100% forum at the end of the day.

A last point that will be the very opposite of popular, and that I've often thought of but never brought about not to stir unnecessarily, I get really peeved when I see 100% CDers being victimized as being too self righteous. In my personal opinion, we all know it takes will power and if there is no place to settle into our own, rightfully proud, non-cheating skin without being made feel like nuns in a night club then there's something wrong with this forum. And that -to me- is even more the point of the 100% forum.

Feel free to throw the stones if you like :) At the end of the day what counts is for all of us to look back in 2029 and think "Hmmm cheating or no cheating, I barely rememeber when I was fat but I can see here I was and have changed my lifestyle completely, thanks to CD and partly thanks to Minimins, boy would my life have sucked if I hadn't done that and does it feel amazing to be slim, healthy and happy or what?!?":D

Good post MissAma :clap:

In other words I need info on methods, debate on nutrition, emotional challenges and rewards and life habits

Oooh, hope you read my diary :D

(Personally, I'll be honest at the risk of being categorized as a bitc*, I need to see the opposite of role models too, it motivates me to succeed.)
Yes. It's incredible how much you can learn from other peoples mistakes. We often need to learn from our own too, but reading about others can be a short cut (again depending on the individual and how much of it your reading)

However, I absolutely agree that accountability is crucial and some realize that too and come here to be held accountable and on the straight and narrow by their group.
Yes, and this is really helpful for some, though some people are more vulnerable and for them it can be crushing.

For some people on minimins, the diet isn't as important as just finding love and support for when things are going wrong.
I get really peeved when I see 100% CDers being victimized as being too self righteous. In my personal opinion, we all know it takes will power and if there is no place to settle into our own, rightfully proud, non-cheating skin without being made feel like nuns in a night club then there's something wrong with this forum. And that -to me- is even more the point of the 100% forum.
Oh yes. This is a biggy. I know that when I was much younger, and on another diet with a club, I've told people I've cheated when I hadn't because of was sick of people thinking I was a goody, goody and feeling the need to justify why I was sticking to the diet.

BTW, this was also a big issue that came up just before this forum was created. People scared to say they were staying on plan. Scared to suggest others tried.

There were so many negative posts and foody chat at the time, it was safer to stay away if you were trying to be strong :eek:

Long debates (like there has been the past few days), and it was decided that we could please everyone. Those happy to get various types of support (kick up bum or being told it was okay), talk of food without worry, negative posts if they felt down and out etc. But still have a forum to go to if it was all too much, as it can get at times.

Hey! We said. What a fab idea :clap: :clap: :D

BTW, I'd also like to see more non 100%ers posting in this forum. It's not a Them and Us forum, but rather a place for motivational posts (as I've said before).

So if a non 100% does a day of 100%, would be great if they could post it here announcing their achievement.

Or if anyone on CD find a motivational quote regardless of whether they can follow it or not, they would feel comfortable posting it here.

Hi All

I am shocked as I did not even know there were different forums?? I have been posting about food too.....................omg..............Sorry you ladies are feeling bad but I am also a blipper so think maybe we defo need a blipper forum.........lol................Anyway last week I had food and lost 4lbs..............I do however stick rigidly to the cd manual ie chicken green and white veg etc ........We are all human and having blips is part of the experience and it is in fact how you cope with them and what you learn from it that counts..........So chin up ladies I am with you on this .........................s.x

I think a lot of people are getting a little worked up here - it's only a forum?! :D Has anybody actually experienced any insensitive comments on Minimins?

I try and stick with the 100% forum as far as possible (even when I have blipped) as the posts there seem to get right to the nitty-gritty, they're more analytical and geared towards the breakdown of the CD diet etc. - the main forum is fine for general CD chat. Although I'm now on 810, my diet is currently a bit chaotic but as far as I'm concerned I'm still on 810, so will continue to post in 100%.

(Having a blippers group seems a bit like keeping a few big clothes in the back of the wardrobe - there's always an excuse handy! :eek:)

Chill out, people - if a procrastinating ADD sufferer can find her way around here, then I'm sure you lot can! :)

Or if anyone on CD find a motivational quote regardless of whether they can follow it or not, they would feel comfortable posting it here.
I'd like to be able to put my quotes in the Quotes section - but it doesn't seem to work?! (I've posted two brilliant ones but neither have ever appeared.) :sigh:

Last edited:
Back