1000 Calories a day!

hi ladies, yes lbd I will feel great once I have done a week of this.

You guys get your moneys worth for your calories unlike me so I am goint try and have more fruit, veg n salad from now on.

I am worried about my body going into starvation mode it's true but i am exercising too. I may up my intake a bit by 200 cals more.

Well done by the way. A 45 min walk is excellent. Ihope we see a weight loss by Sunday.

I'm really lucky, I've discovered a local health program called 'Walk Islington' they give you maps with details of the local area and each walk is measured for you! :)

Longest is 3 miles and starts around the corner from my home!

Smile, it's Monday!

Bunny x

Hi cc28/Bunny, I felt it was time for a name change! I'm feeling so good now - I'm no longer feeling like Eyeore, the little blue donkey from Winnie the Pooh. I'm a positive pink Donkey now, lol. Day 3 of our diet is almost here - and i've got a feeling we're gonna do well! So it's 1000 calories max for me, 1200 max for cc28 and 1300 max for Bunny - lets go for it! Good luck xxx
Just wondering - how old are you guys and how many years have you spent trying to lose weight?

Hi I am 29 and have been dieting since I was 15. i was doing ok and keeping my weight down most of the time till I was 25 and did the Atkins diet.

After stopping I went from being on average 10 to 11 stone to being 12 to 13 stone 7 pounds. Since then my weight has been quite high but I am going back to my low fat roots and exercising so I hope my body gets the message and stops craving carbs like crazy.

Hi

I am eating less than 1000 cals a day and eat much more.. I have 1 weetabix, semi milk, small box of raisins for breakfast. Mid morning snack low cal popcorn. A veg burger and stir fry for lunch. Fromais frais mid afternoon. Then for the evening faggots and peas. If hungry later in the evening I will have a tangerine and a mug of options hot Choc. I try to aim to do some form of exercise after each meal. I drink green tea, as with normally tea I had the problem with tea and biscuits or tea and toast. Also green tea is great for speeding up your metabolism. Did you know that mini milks only have 30 cals! yum! I feel much better having my fav treats and it being alot less cals.. Look out for things you like but pick the less cal ones! Hope your all keeping at it. I want to loose a stone by july so I can wear my bikini on the beach without feeling stupid :)

Hi - How did everyone do today? My day has been good - i only managed a 15 minute walk but i stayed under 1000 calories. I 've had... 4 glasses of Water, 1 packet of Chewing gum, 2 cups of Coffe and 2 Decaf Tea (skimmed milk n' sweentener) 1 Muller light Yoghurt, Grapes,
1 tin of Tuna, 1 small pepper, sweetcorn,
salad (lettuce/tomato/beetroot/cumumber) with low fat dressing, 3 tbsp of Baked Beans.
I hope everyone else is doing well n' feeling good!
Welcome Sequin - Good luck with your weight loss! You are brave for wanting to wear a bikini - I'd never have the guts to wear one. Plus i'd look awful (all bones n' pale flabby flesh! - not attractive!)

Hi, can I join? I lost 2 stone on Cambridge diet last year and managed to keep it off, been trying for ages to get back on it but can't. My aim is to have between 1000 and 1300 cals each day.
First goal is to get into the 9's, so hoping for a 11 pound loss.

All I do is walk! I have three flights of stairs with 19 in each.

Daily Stair Walk Out.

Go to school AM run.
Return from school AM run.

Go to toddlers group midmorning group.
Return from toddlers group at lunchtime.

Lunch and nap time.

Go to school PM run.
Runaround after kids in park for an hour or so after school.
Return home PM.

In between I walk everywhere anyway!

Exercise has never been my problem, I hill walk, swim and help run a judo club. (Big girls bounce! ;))

But I'm off to have an assessment at the local gym this week and have a routine worked out for me, so that'll give more structure to my program.

Todays menu.

Breakfast.

The usual!

Lunch.

Wafer thin chicken salad, with LF chili dressing.

Dinner.

Baked potato with beans and Branson (Put a spoonful in when you're heating the beans, tangy and yummy!)
Salad.

Later.

Vitality yoghurt.

Bunny x

Hey Bunny - you've done well again today! :) Wow, you sure move about alot, yeah i agree - exercise certainly isn't a problem for you, lol. I'm so lazy, my bodies weak n' wasted - i feel like death after just 5 minutes on my exercise bike!:eek:

Yeah Karina, of course you can join - come here tomorrow n' let us know how your first day of calorie-counting went.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

hi everyone, just found this website and wondered if i could join you on your 1000 calories a day? i have wanted to lose some weight for the summer but not sure which way to go about it, as you all seem to be doing so well i thought i would join you as i think its good to have the support you all have?
XxX

Hi Natty, yeah of course you can join, the more calorie counters here - the better! :) Support is so important during a diet. We're all sticking to a daily calorie intake of 1000 -1300. How much weight do you want to lose?

thankyou for letting me join you :) !!well, i would like to lose a stone or stone and a half. i have put a stone on since last summer and would like to lose that plus a little more and i think i would be happy :confused: i weigh 11 stone now but would like to be just under 10. my boyfriand says i look fine, and i have had my BMI done by the doctor , she said it was fine- although i dont feel comfortable with myself and i think that is what matters.
i know you have only being doing this recently but do you see a difference yet?

thanks natty x

Hi there Natty - Welcome aboard! I know what you mean about other people saying that you look OK n' what they're saying doesn't mean anything to you if you're feeling fat n' miserable. You have the right to lose weight n' be happy - A lot of women have a healthy BMI but still want to lose weight because their uncomfortable with their bodies. My BMI is 17 but i'm not satisfied! No, i haven't seen a difference in my weight yet and i don't expect to - i'm just trying to maintain my current weight at the moment, I would like to lose 5-7 lb for the Summer. Good luck with tomorrows calorie counting xxx

Bloody hell LPD, how tall are you?

Bunny x

Hello, can I join?

I was doing slim fast but now switching to calorie controlled as I only like the chocolate shakes and it is getting boring. LOL.

I have lost 8lb and got another 9lb to go. I have also started using my Wii Fit for an hour a day which is really helping as I was SO inactive before.

I am 5ft 1 and currently weigh 9st 2lb my BMI is about 24.2 I want to get to 22.

Hi Bunny - I'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 7 stone 2lb
Wow! 7 stone 2, I Can only dream of getting below 8 stone. What size clothes do you wear? If you don't mind me asking. I am 5'4'' and weigh 10 stone 10 and wanting to get to a size 8 to 10 but not sure what weight that will be, hoping 2 stone loss will be enough.

Well day one going ok.
Breakfast- shreddies - 250 cals
lunch-ham in pitta bread- 400 cals
Snacks- apple - 50 cals
Dinner- will be beans on toast 350 cals
prob snack later-crumpet- 100 cals

So total for day one is 1250, not too bad just need to keep it up.

How's everybody else getting on?:D

Back