ProPoints 100lbs to lose - Carriegirl21's Diary

Petal what I think is that u shouldn't have cut down like nutritionist suggested - maybe go bk up to full points... U probs aren't eating enough! Hugs xx

Hope tests go ok xx

Aww Carrie i feel for you, it must be so frustrating sticking to plan and not losing! Its AMAZING you haven't given up though, proud of you! You will find a way to make this work for you lovely :) x

Dont feel like your being rude hun.. You know what you can handle, and really no one can say otherwise.
Im really sry that you have to suffer with such bad pain :(. I know how it is when im on my totm, and thats not every day so i can only imagine.
Hopefully the docs can shed some light on what it could be, and if they dont find anything at keast youll know that you dont have anything else major to contend with. But im confident that it will all get sorted and you will find a healthy way to get where you want/need to be. I dont really know what kind of pain you are having, but im sure that there are some exercises that could maybe work around it? Itll all get sorted one way or another.
As for lowering your points, do you eat lots of veg and stuff? I fill my plate at dinner usually with about half veg to whatever else im eating.. Definitely fills me up.. I make a garlic margerine and put 1pp worth in and it really goes a long way and make them super delicious.. I know you shouldnt really do that, but its yummy lol. Even just lots of free spice ( for me its more garlic powder, im so addicted to garlic :p) on the veg make them amazing. I get the mixed frozen and they are even quick for a snack when im really hungry. Gonna be trying out a little fruit smoothie that should only be the soy milks worth of pp.. Maybe even leave that out so its 0! :) just little treats to keep in mind to not feel too restricted by how many points i have (helps me anyway lol)
But i really do hope that you can find some relief for your pain, and be able to get some routine that isnt too hard on you.. You deserve to get where you want and itll get better girly! *hugssss*

CarlyLanky140 said:
Petal what I think is that u shouldn't have cut down like nutritionist suggested - maybe go bk up to full points... U probs aren't eating enough! Hugs xx

VeggieAnna said:
Aww Carrie i feel for you, it must be so frustrating sticking to plan and not losing! Its AMAZING you haven't given up though, proud of you! You will find a way to make this work for you lovely :) x

Thanks lovelies xx

I do hear ya Carly - It's all gone wrong since I saw that dietician you know! I just can't shut off that evil voice in my head tgat says "eat less = lose more" even though I know for a fact that people on here lose more when they eat more!

If I can commit myself to exercise I think I would feel ok about going back to full points (47pp)

You have made me think though so thank-you for that :)

Veggie Anna - thanks so much - I'm actually shocked I've stuck with it myself! In the past I defo would of given up so at least I've not done that!

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Echo all what others have said but would like to add that I think yr spirit is amazing despite all these knock backs. I for one truly admire you Carrie and yr strength is inspiring I know I would have given up by now and so would many others but you keep picking yrself up and plodding on 3 cheers to you. And yr right to stick to what works for you mentally this losing weight business is tough enough as it is without losing our marbles as well :) x x

MrsPayne212 said:
Dont feel like your being rude hun.. You know what you can handle, and really no one can say otherwise.
Im really sry that you have to suffer with such bad pain :(. I know how it is when im on my totm, and thats not every day so i can only imagine.
Hopefully the docs can shed some light on what it could be, and if they dont find anything at keast youll know that you dont have anything else major to contend with. But im confident that it will all get sorted and you will find a healthy way to get where you want/need to be. I dont really know what kind of pain you are having, but im sure that there are some exercises that could maybe work around it? Itll all get sorted one way or another.
As for lowering your points, do you eat lots of veg and stuff? I fill my plate at dinner usually with about half veg to whatever else im eating.. Definitely fills me up.. I make a garlic margerine and put 1pp worth in and it really goes a long way and make them super delicious.. I know you shouldnt really do that, but its yummy lol. Even just lots of free spice ( for me its more garlic powder, im so addicted to garlic :p) on the veg make them amazing. I get the mixed frozen and they are even quick for a snack when im really hungry. Gonna be trying out a little fruit smoothie that should only be the soy milks worth of pp.. Maybe even leave that out so its 0! :) just little treats to keep in mind to not feel too restricted by how many points i have (helps me anyway lol)
But i really do hope that you can find some relief for your pain, and be able to get some routine that isnt too hard on you.. You deserve to get where you want and itll get better girly! *hugssss*

Aw thanks huni - you have some great tips there :)
I also use loads of veg at mealtimes - I love almost all veg so am lucky there!
My pains are suspected Endometriosis (this is why I'm losing weight so I can have the operation to clarify how bad it is & treat it etc) it's sorta like Totm pain but all over your abdomen & can strike at any time... and also ibs annnnd I have chronic fatigue syndrome which pretty much sucks the life out of you!

Sound like a bag of fun don't I?!
If I didn't laugh I would cry so I accept I'm on a rollercoaster with no set path - I have my determination & most of all HOPE - I WILL DO THIS!!!!!

CGx

breeza said:
Echo all what others have said but would like to add that I think yr spirit is amazing despite all these knock backs. I for one truly admire you Carrie and yr strength is inspiring I know I would have given up by now and so would many others but you keep picking yrself up and plodding on 3 cheers to you. And yr right to stick to what works for you mentally this losing weight business is tough enough as it is without losing our marbles as well :) x x

Aw thanks so much hun, kinda blushing from all you lovely girlies kind words!
My friend keeps telling me I'm stronger than I think I am... maybe I should start listening to her xx

CGx

Aw thanks huni - you have some great tips there :)
I also use loads of veg at mealtimes - I love almost all veg so am lucky there!
My pains are suspected Endometriosis (this is why I'm losing weight so I can have the operation to clarify how bad it is & treat it etc) it's sorta like Totm pain but all over your abdomen & can strike at any time... and also ibs annnnd I have chronic fatigue syndrome which pretty much sucks the life out of you!

Sound like a bag of fun don't I?!
If I didn't laugh I would cry so I accept I'm on a rollercoaster with no set path - I have my determination & most of all HOPE - I WILL DO THIS!!!!!

CGx

:( i just looked up the condition, and really sounds like some nasty business. Very sorry to hear that is something you have to deal with. Sounds very painful, ou are so brave to keep in good spirits like you do. And its so great to hear that through it all you do still have determination :). Youll do it, if anyone can, you can :)

MrsPayne212 said:
:( i just looked up the condition, and really sounds like some nasty business. Very sorry to hear that is something you have to deal with. Sounds very painful, ou are so brave to keep in good spirits like you do. And its so great to hear that through it all you do still have determination :). Youll do it, if anyone can, you can :)

Thanks lovely x
Yup it really is some nasty painful business :(
I only got diagnosed 3months ago but they think it's been the cause of all my pain these past ten years!
I try not to moan about it too much as part of me is hugely relieved to finally know the cause of my pain... at least I'm on track now for treatment etc even though there's no cure.
I guess I've got so used to living with the daily pain that it's judt the way life is for me - it sucks but I've gotta keep on fighting!

CGx

I'm really glad that you keep a great attitude, but like you say at least now you know the cause and are on your way.. sry to hear there isn't a cure though :(.. but you are making the most of your situation.. very inspirational! *big hugs*

Hugs! Love the attitude - u can do it :) xx

All i can do is echo what everyone else is saying and offer you big interwebby *hugs*. You will get there Carrie, you honestly will. I think it just takes some people a bit longer to find their ww mojo, and it can't help having stupid bloody dieticians judgements stuck in your head.
I have had no end of problems with nurses at my surgery. At first they told me i would be taken off my pill if i didn't stop smoking. I only used to smoke 3 a day so i quit (even though i didn't really want to - although i know it was the right thing to do. Blah blah blah) as i couldn't risk being taken off (absolute no desire for babies EVER coupled with stupidly long and painful periods that come every two blooming weeks - not fun and surprisingly i don't want them back). Once i quit they started nagging at me about my weight. On and on and on. If i didn't lose they'd have to take me off the pill. One time the woman got her bloody food group chart out and started pointing out all the chocolate and crisps and burgers etc and told me point blank that i had to stop eating that stuff and start eating from the green section (fruit, veg, pasta etc). I ended up crying my eyes out there and then because that WAS the stuff i was eating. I've never really been one for eating the 'bad' foods. (since joining ww I've finally worked out that i was just eating way too much of the good stuff. Lol. And i eat more chocolate now then i did before).
Anyway, sorry for the rant, but i guess what im trying to say is that i understand. I still feel like **** whenever i think about how that woman berated me and spoke to me like i was a child. I still remember the shame sitting there and crying. And i will always remember being so utterly pissed off that my pill was basically being held to ransom. I will always have those memories and they will always makeep me feel sad. However, now i can't wait til my next appointment when i can go in there, however much lighter and say F**K YOU!! I did this for me, not because you told me to. Now you can kiss my size 12 backside.

Rant over. I will stop hijacking your thread now.
xxx

Carrie I was thinking about you again today ( I AM NOT A CRAZY STALKER PROMISE!!), but I don't think you should cut your pp all of a sudden. Maybe eat your whole allocated amount this week and then next week if you don't loss cut 1pp per day off that amount and so on each week. If you cut too much you'll not know where your body is actually at, ifykwim.

I remember at the start for the first couple of weeks I ate all allocated pp and had brill loses. Then I got it into my head that if I eat less I'll lose more so I underate on pp. My losses slowed, when I went back to all my dailies I lost more again.

My sister has endro and she had terrible pain, she had key whole surgery to straighten out her fallopian tubes and laser away excess tissue that had grown on to other organs. She only found out because she had been trying for years for a child with no success, she put the pain down to bad period pains. She is now pregnant with her second child and feels 100% better. So don't loss sight of what you want. The surgery will help loads.

xxx((((((hugs))))))

Hey carriegilr! Hope you're having a good day and feeling a bit better :)

Hope ur ok Carrie xxx

how did your day go lovely? Hope your doing ok :)

All i can do is echo what everyone else is saying and offer you big interwebby *hugs*. You will get there Carrie, you honestly will. I think it just takes some people a bit longer to find their ww mojo, and it can't help having stupid bloody dieticians judgements stuck in your head.
I have had no end of problems with nurses at my surgery. At first they told me i would be taken off my pill if i didn't stop smoking. I only used to smoke 3 a day so i quit (even though i didn't really want to - although i know it was the right thing to do. Blah blah blah) as i couldn't risk being taken off (absolute no desire for babies EVER coupled with stupidly long and painful periods that come every two blooming weeks - not fun and surprisingly i don't want them back). Once i quit they started nagging at me about my weight. On and on and on. If i didn't lose they'd have to take me off the pill. One time the woman got her bloody food group chart out and started pointing out all the chocolate and crisps and burgers etc and told me point blank that i had to stop eating that stuff and start eating from the green section (fruit, veg, pasta etc). I ended up crying my eyes out there and then because that WAS the stuff i was eating. I've never really been one for eating the 'bad' foods. (since joining ww I've finally worked out that i was just eating way too much of the good stuff. Lol. And i eat more chocolate now then i did before).
Anyway, sorry for the rant, but i guess what im trying to say is that i understand. I still feel like **** whenever i think about how that woman berated me and spoke to me like i was a child. I still remember the shame sitting there and crying. And i will always remember being so utterly pissed off that my pill was basically being held to ransom. I will always have those memories and they will always makeep me feel sad. However, now i can't wait til my next appointment when i can go in there, however much lighter and say F**K YOU!! I did this for me, not because you told me to. Now you can kiss my size 12 backside.

Rant over. I will stop hijacking your thread now.
xxx

Oooof! That's awful that the nurse used your pill as blackmail!! How on earth do these people think that what they are saying is going to help us in any way?!!
I really can't believe how we get treated - I swear that a lot of them just see the weight & nothing else - it's heartbreaking when you know you are already eating the right things etc & then they say it to you like you know nothing & must be sitting at home eating lard & Mars bars!!!:copon::copon: hehe! perfect emoticon!

Thanks you so much for the interwebby hugs, I feel very supported on this board!:hug99:

Back