101 meals with a rottisary chicken!! ;)

Daisyboo

Bought a rottisary chicken today in Asda, took off all the skin and fat and have made:

- Chicken, bacon and mozarella salad for dinner for me & hubby with a portion for lunch tomorrow already in the fridge
- Chicken, leek & carrot soup - massive pot so hopefully about 6 bowls worth
- Portion of chicken in the fridge to have with stir fry veg tomorrow for dinner

:D feeling very virtuous, prepared and ready for a couple of good red days to boost my post holiday weight loss!

Very virtuous indeed! I have been getting a couple of their cooked thighs and having with a supernoodles for lunch at work (we have a microwave) Fills me up and stops me wanting to raid the Christmas chocs and biscuits in tea break!

mod-karen79 said:
I didn't think they were free.....I might be wrong tho!

I though it was a bit of an urban legend that they were injected with fat? Sure there have been lots of posts on here to say that HO have said they are safe to eat so long as you take off the skin and fat?

I found this on the SW online checker:

Lemon & Herb Whole Chicken, Rotisserie, 100g 4 4 10
Plain Whole Chicken, Rotisserie, 100g 4 4 10
The 10 syns being for a green day.

Sorry!

Dickiec xx

I was told its something like 40 syns for a rotisserie chicken from Asda.
When I worked there they did inject them to baste so that they didnt have to keep opening the doors to keep them juicy.

I have just asked a friend who works on this counter regularly at Morrison... Yes the above is true!!! :eek:( now I know why they taste so yummy

But the fat drips out during cooking.

Well, after eating most of it over the week in soup, salad and stirfry (and a v naughty weekend) I then lost 2lb tonight so it obviously didn't do that much damage!!

Back