104lbs to lose

Not going to lie, it was the most delicious smelling steak I'd ever experienced, and it took a LOT of self control to not ask for just a tiny nibble!

I'm following LighterLife VLCD, but I've also yesterday discovered Exante, which is very similar but less expensive, however the Exante items seem to be a tiny bit higher in calories, so I think I'm going to do a combination of both, I'm not sure.

I've started making a list of 20 foods I cannot wait to eat again, and have decided that after week 12 is completed, I'm going to "Rest" by having a week of following the plan, removing one VLCD item but choose 7 of the 20 foods, and have one of them a day.
Then after that, if I still have weight to lose, I will be back on the VLCD.

After the next 12 weeks, IL choose another 7 from the wishlist, and so on.

I have 3 foods/meals on the list already.

Day 1 I will have Squashy Jacket Potato with butter.
Day 2 I will have Cadburys Buttons.
Day 3 I will have Steak and Onion Rings.
Hi Elle. I did the LL plan a while back with great success but unfortunately didn't see it through to the maintenance stage. I'm doing Slim & Save this time around. Its very similar to LL but somewhat cheaper. I'm on the 4 packs a day plan but there are other plans too. I prefer most of the meals on S&S to the Exante ones & the bars are very nice. Have you tried a VLCD before?

Hi Susie,

Yes, I've followed VLCD's in the past. Lipotrim, and I can't remember the name of the other one!
This is my 4th & final attempt at a VLCD. I've not once managed to see it through to the maintenance stage. Usually because of some celebration involving food & drink & then totally falling off the wagon. This time really does feel different though so fingers crossed.
Does LL still do the Thai Chicken Curry soup?. I had that pack & nothing else for 4 months ha ha.

Hi Elle - so sorry, I missed your diary thread - but sounds like you're doing brilliantly (despite stupid OH, men are so good at sticking their heads in the sand/up their behinds LOL!).

And I snorted with laughter at the emoji re your SW consultant, some of them can be total pants eh :classic_roll_eyes:?! Luckily for me, my current one is lovely, very caring and always in touch by text or on FB with lots of encouragement - but SW doesn't suit everyone, and I really wish you every success on your VLCD journey! xx

Hi Elle - so sorry, I missed your diary thread - but sounds like you're doing brilliantly (despite stupid OH, men are so good at sticking their heads in the sand/up their behinds LOL!).

And I snorted with laughter at the emoji re your SW consultant, some of them can be total pants eh :classic_roll_eyes:?! Luckily for me, my current one is lovely, very caring and always in touch by text or on FB with lots of encouragement - but SW doesn't suit everyone, and I really wish you every success on your VLCD journey! xx
Oh my cant stop laughing about men sticking their head in sand or up their behind. A much needed laugh :rotflmao: so true though

Life has been so busy that I've been forgetting to weigh myself.
Weighed myself this morning to discover that not only have I made my first mini goal of getting to 85kg, I'm actually 0.5kg away from being in the 83kg bracket!

Hi LittleElle,

Well done on achieving your first mini goal, great work!

Thankyou everyone. I'm really pleased.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm now exactly 84kg, which means I've lost 8kg so far in total.

I'm hoping that my next weigh in will take me into the 83's. My next goal is 80kg.

Feeling really happy with this system. I don't feel hungry, I feel full of energy, my sleep has improved massively (I used to struggle with insomnia, usually getting between 90mins or 3 hours sleep a night, which isn't good) and I've never felt healthier.

Have a lovely Sunday 💕

Thankyou everyone. I'm really pleased.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm now exactly 84kg, which means I've lost 8kg so far in total.

I'm hoping that my next weigh in will take me into the 83's. My next goal is 80kg.

Feeling really happy with this system. I don't feel hungry, I feel full of energy, my sleep has improved massively (I used to struggle with insomnia, usually getting between 90mins or 3 hours sleep a night, which isn't good) and I've never felt healthier.

Have a lovely Sunday 💕
Well done on weight loss your must be so proud. It is good to hear of your NSV that has come along with weight loss.

I hope you soon reach 80kg.

8.68% down! And sleeping better. Brilliant.

I weighed myself this morning and am now 82.6kg.
I'm really pleased with this. I was 92kg (well, just over, I was 92.1kg I think) so I've lost 9.5kg in total.
I think in stones thats 13 stone and 1lb, so hopefully my next weigh in will bring me into another Stone bracket.

Feeling great, I've never felt healthier. My body itself doesn't feel any different, and my clothes don't feel any different, but that's fine, I know it will come.

Right now I'm enjoying feeling full of energy, getting decent amounts of sleep, and feeling the healthiest I have ever felt in a long time.

There's lots of evidence that vlcd and low can reduce inflammation. I'm sleeping better too. There's evidence too that inflammation is linked to depression too. My mood is definitely better.

There's lots of evidence that vlcd and low can reduce inflammation. I'm sleeping better too. There's evidence too that inflammation is linked to depression too. My mood is definitely better.
I completely agree with you about that. I've lived with depression for most of my adult life, but I feel wonderful.

I'm having my first Day Off all VLCD today, because its my 43rd birthday.

I'm having Indian Food, which is my absolute favourite, and drinking whatever I want.

Feeling really good about this decision, I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week running PT sessions and fitness classes, plus with the weight I've lost already, even if I put a little bit on, I'm still further on than I was previously.

Happy Birthday! Have a lovely time.

How's it going, Elle? Have you joined us back on track post birthday?

Hi, thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Yes, @AliGal I'm back on track, just been so busy at work because we are still only allowed to teach 1-2-1 until this Monday when we are allowed to revert back to classes.

I weighed myself this morning and I've had more weightloss. Not as much as in previous weeks, but I'm really happy with that.

I was expecting to have put on a little bit of weight, because of the birthday, so I seem to have gotten away with it by the skin of my teeth!

Back