10K British Road Race 6th July 2008 - Done and dusted!!!!!!!

Hi Fiona, I am running it and have entered already...enter soon as the places will go very fast!

I'm going to wait for a few more months before fully training to get a good weight loss under me on sole source, but will walk for 30 mins a day on the treadmill so I keep my metabolism going.

Good luck with it, maybe see you there! Joe

Well. I have just sent off an email to the MND Association as it says on their website I can apply through them!
Just got to wait and see now. Fingers crossed! :D

I'm going to wait for a few more months before fully training to get a good weight loss under me on sole source, but will walk for 30 mins a day on the treadmill so I keep my metabolism going.

Good luck with it, maybe see you there! Joe
I need to get some weight off before too. I'm hoping by then I should be at target!
At the moment I go to 4 Jazzercise classes a week so until I start to train at least my fitness should be improving.

Good luck to you too!

I would love to do something like this, but I live too far away, and I couldn't travel up, run and travel back again in the same day!

I would love to do something like this, but I live too far away, and I couldn't travel up, run and travel back again in the same day!
You'd have to make a weekend of it!

I'm about an hour and a half away by train so will be able to do it in a day, though it does mean getting up at stupid 'o' clock to get there because it starts at 9.35!

I received an email from the MND Association this morning and I'm in!
Now I REALLY have to stick with CD! :D

Great news Fiona

Pam x

Congratulations!
I would love to train for a 10km but I live in Plymouth.
I would like to enter a race locally as I think it would be great to enter something and also train with another. I will have to keep my eyes and ears open!

I have entered the race today! Going to drive up from Yarmouth (around 3 hours), run my legs off and then drive home in time for bed :)

Mike

You have inspired me too! Decided I needed a new challenge once I have finished Lighter Life so have decided to do the New York Marathon in November - so this is perfect to fit in with my training!

Have signed me and the hubby up, and as we live in London I might even walk there for a warm up!

Good luck everyone!

Leesy
xox

I would love to do this but is this a strict 'runners' race? I'm pretty overweight (although I won't be by then) and unfit. 7 months exactly to get up to 7ish miles running. Is that possible without coming a humiliating last?

I ran a 10K at BMI 32. I was beaten by an 80 year old woman and twisted both ankles on the way round (one of them twice). But I did it in 90 minutes and was so proud of myself when I finished. Even though a bus came in just before i did and my parents, sisters and OH were convinced I'd get off it! I'm doing another one in may (one of the Regent's Park 10K's, there's loads of em). Seeing as I'm actually going to train for this one, I reckon it will be ok! Go for it Cahching! You can definitely do it! If I can, believe me, anyone can!

Congratulations!
I would love to train for a 10km but I live in Plymouth.
I would like to enter a race locally as I think it would be great to enter something and also train with another. I will have to keep my eyes and ears open!
Do you have a local runnung club? They'd have a list of most of your nearest races I should think!

I have entered the race today! Going to drive up from Yarmouth (around 3 hours), run my legs off and then drive home in time for bed :)

Mike
I couldn't face driving there! I think I'll stick with the train!

You have inspired me too! Decided I needed a new challenge once I have finished Lighter Life so have decided to do the New York Marathon in November - so this is perfect to fit in with my training!

Have signed me and the hubby up, and as we live in London I might even walk there for a warm up!

Good luck everyone!

Leesy
xox
Me inspire someone? That's never happened before! :eek:
I think it'll be a while before I'm ready to run a marathon, the NY marathon must be fantastic! I bet you can't wait!

I would love to do this but is this a strict 'runners' race? I'm pretty overweight (although I won't be by then) and unfit. 7 months exactly to get up to 7ish miles running. Is that possible without coming a humiliating last?
Yay CC! We can have the weight of by then! Easy peasy! :D
I'm totally unfit too and have never ever run a race before! 7 months should be plenty of time. Even if we walk the last bit together, we'll do it!

I ran a 10K at BMI 32. I was beaten by an 80 year old woman and twisted both ankles on the way round (one of them twice). But I did it in 90 minutes and was so proud of myself when I finished. Even though a bus came in just before i did and my parents, sisters and OH were convinced I'd get off it! I'm doing another one in may (one of the Regent's Park 10K's, there's loads of em). Seeing as I'm actually going to train for this one, I reckon it will be ok! Go for it Cahching! You can definitely do it! If I can, believe me, anyone can!
Ouch! I bet you were proud!
Do you have any kind of training programme ready for your next race?

I'd love to do something like this but can't even imagine doing it... I should (based on goals) be at target by then but what if im not!!!

I'd love to do something like this but can't even imagine doing it... I should (based on goals) be at target by then but what if im not!!!
I might not be at target either, who knows what's going to happen in the next six months but I'll still be giving it a go! (Even if I do cross the finishing line on my knees! ;))

Hi all,

I also signed up for the 10k run and will hopefully be fit enough to last the distance. It's my first ever long distance run and i'm counting on adrenalin to carry me for most of the way. :) I should be at my best weight and fitness level by July. Goodluck to everyone, it's going to be a fun day.

The amount of us doing it from MiniMins we could have our own team and drag each other along! :p

I got my forms from the MND Association today so I'll get those filled in and then they'll send me a pack with my sponsorship forms and t-shirt!

I might wait a couple of months to start asking for sponsorship, I think people will think I'm joking if I ask the size I am now! 2 or 3 stone off I might get taken a bit more seriously!

The amount of us doing it from MiniMins we could have our own team and drag each other along! :p

Fiona - that's not a bad idea - maybe we should arrange a pre or post race meet for us all!

Leesy
xox

Are you going to the London meet in March?

My forms have been posted and now just waiting for my bits to arrive! :D

Back