10K British Road Race 6th July 2008 - Done and dusted!!!!!!!

I haven't seen about the London meet - may be a nice idea - and if any of us are going we could meet earlier for a training run hee hee!

Leesy
xox

It'd be good if we could all start the race together too, even if we don't finish it together!
We could have a Team MiniMins photo taken and add it to the gallery! :D

I'm going to sign up for it. I haven't yet.

Team Minimins sounds fab!!

I've got my sponsorship forms through and now I've just got to order my vest!

I've upped Jazzercise to 5 classes a week, so my fitness should be improving and when the weather gets better I'll start working on the endurance!

Only 23 weeks and 6 days to go! :D:D

Hi fellow runners!

I'm doing this after i have run my first marathon on 13th April. I will also be running the first london half marathon in October starting at The O2.

I can recommend a good running site Fetcheveryone - Running Logs, Calendars, Personal Bests, Pictures and Clubs they are a good bunch on there!

Believe me those of you doubting you can do it! IF I CAN ANYONE CAN.... I have been using ths Non Marathon Runners guide and ran my longest run yesterday of 11 miles.... My goal is the FLM in 11 weeks.

Also i really recommend getting a Nike+ sport kit that plugs into the nano and a chip attached to your shoe, it measures the distance, speed and calories burnt! The best £20 i have ever spent...

Any questions please pm me

Happy Running!

Has anyone started training yet? I haven't managed to!
Work is manic at the moment and for the next few weeks I'm based in Germany so it's not so easy.
I'm taking my running stuff with me this week so hopefully I'll get something done!

x x x

Only 16 weeks to go!

And I still haven't done any training!
Back on Cambridge tomorrow and I think I'll give myself a month to get as much weight off as possible and then start training properly. It's not so easy to run with lots of excess baggage!:eek:
How's everyone else doing?

xxx

Started training 1 month ago. I've given up ... knees are playing up due to weight gain.

Hi fellow runners!

I'm doing this after i have run my first marathon on 13th April. I will also be running the first london half marathon in October starting at The O2.

I can recommend a good running site Fetcheveryone - Running Logs, Calendars, Personal Bests, Pictures and Clubs they are a good bunch on there!

Believe me those of you doubting you can do it! IF I CAN ANYONE CAN.... I have been using ths Non Marathon Runners guide and ran my longest run yesterday of 11 miles.... My goal is the FLM in 11 weeks.

Also i really recommend getting a Nike+ sport kit that plugs into the nano and a chip attached to your shoe, it measures the distance, speed and calories burnt! The best £20 i have ever spent...

Any questions please pm me

Happy Running!

It's not stricty £20 though is it?

On the website it says you need: nike+ shoes, an ipod nano as well as the sports kit.

Am I wrong? Can I buy the kit without shelling out £200+ beforehand?

11 weeks!

Not long now! :eek:
I know 10k may not seem very far compared to the achievements of Mindless (fantastic!) and others and their 26.2 miles but for me personally, it's a HUGE thing never having run before at all and so I guess it is to a lot of other newbie runners too.
I'm scared and excited all at once and just can't wait! :D
I have no idea what time to aim for but as long as I finish, that's good enough!

My 10K (in Regent's park) must be the same weekend as yours - I'm on Saturday 5th July. So far training is NOT going well - am having to start all over again on Tuesday morning with a 20 minute session of walk 1 min, run 1 min, cos I injured myself. WAaaaaaah!

As far as times are concerned, anything under an hour is good. I've only ever done this once before, and my time was 90 mins and I walked a lot of it.

Do you think I'd be able to walk the race? I've done no training since February and I've put on weight. :cry:

You could walk/run it I reckon!

Went out for my first run last night and did 2.5km in 20 mins! :D
Soooo pleased with myself! I think I could have done more but if that's what my training plan said to do then I'm not going to argue with it!
I think I might finish the race within the hour after all! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

How's everyone else doing?

x x x

I haven't trained at all. I was looking at the website two days ago to see whether this is a race people are allowed to run/walk or just walk. I'll do it if thats possible, but there's not way I can run the whole thing. Maybe run for about 2 minutes (10 yards) and thats it

Don't worry, my race is on the same day, at the moment I'm up to run 12 mins, walk 2 mins, then do that again. By next sunday I'll be running for 30 mins, then I'll just do 2 30 min runs, and a longer run on Sunday, increasing by 5-10 mins a week.

Don't underestimate the power of adrenaline and the positivity of the crowd, just keep going with your training and you will be able to do it! I believe that for 10 K, if you can run for 30 mins, you can run for an hour, the next 30 mins is just in your head. Remember 'Think you can, think you can't, whichever you choose, you'll be right'!

Only 4 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I have been really bad with my training the past couple of weeks and feel like I almost have to start from the beginning again!
I'm gradually building up my time again and last night did 25mins (12.5 out and 12.5 back well pleased with that as it means I'm running at a constant pace!) and covered 3.5k so almost a 1/3 of what I need to do!

I've booked a travelodge in the King's Cross area for the night before, really couldn't face travelling down on the morning of the race.
Is anyone else staying over?

Also, did anyone want to meet before the race? I know we'll probably all be in different baggage areas but it would still be good to meet!

Back