10k countdown...

lou1

Well its 7 weeks (tomorrow!) till my 10k run! cant wait but im nervous too! thought i'd start a diary of progress and food diary! i have been using my fitness pal to log my stats, but thought i'd also do a diary too as i love the comments and support everyone gives and hope it will motivate me when i really cant be ass_d!!!

So day 50

Exercise
Half hour moderate walk
Half hour on cross trainer

B= 2 slices bread and 2 poached eggs
L= 4 cocktail sausages 3 slices of garlic bread
D= 2 slices of veggie pizza
S= 2 Jammy dodgers

terrible days diet mostly all Carb's must work on that!

Yeah that IS a lot of carbs! ;)

Good luck with your training and the run :) xx

day 49...

thanks Jan, i hope to do better today.

Went too the gym 1st thing pushed myself hard today, feel great now! hope i dont crash at work!!!

Gym

treadmill 22mins jogging (3k)
6mins walking
rowing machine 12mins
cross ramp 10mins
stationary bike 10mins
Vibroplate 10mins
total w.out 70mins
(myfitnesspal says i burnt 577cals but i'll take that with a pinch of salt!)

B-porridge with low fat milk
H20 750ml so far

I shall update my stats after work!!!

Looking good today so far!

Well done on the Gym, doing great. What is your run for? Just a fun run?
I have my 1/2 marathon in just under 6 weeks :eek:

thanks guys,

hey Tanya. its the dublin ladies mini marathon and im running it in aid for the Irish Lung fibrosis association, i cant wait but im so nervous i just hope i can finish lol!! hows ur training going? i had a look through ur posts looks good u def have gotten into ur stride!!!!

day 48...

Well day 48

no gyn for me today however i will be using my cross trainer at home

cross trainer 40mins (20mins this am and 20mins this evening)

B-2 poached eggs and 1 slice of m.g toast
L-2 sausages
D-Chicken salad (same as last night)with balsamic vinegar
S-1 apple and 1 banana
H20 3l (so far)
T-3 mugs

Will update after work!

Last edited:
Lou, I get tired just reading your diary!! You are so well focussed on your training for the ladies half Mara. Good for you. It is a great way of keeping the pounds off.

day 47....

Went to the gym and went through the motions but i was tired this morning, it was a struggle!!!

25 mins on treadmill (22.5 jogging and 2.5 walking)
15 mins rowing
10 mins cycling
10 mins cross trainer
10 mins vibroplate

B-porridge with low fat milk

L-cheese sandwhich

D-lean mince with plum tomatoes, onions and peppers

S-some salted popcorn just a few handfuls and cadbury caramel bunnies (200cals of yum!!!)

Went for a 40min walk well a stroll didnt exert myself!!!

Last edited:
day 46....

Well day 46, very excited got my sponsor cards and t-shirt for my run!!! so need to get collecting!!!

Im off work for 5 days thank god i've been so tired cause im up at half 6 to go too the gym so by 8 at night im falling asleep!! Saying that i didn't go this morning! I love the feeling after im finished in the gym and am feeling a little guilty that i didn't go! But i have the cross trainer at home so i'll use that and maybe go for a walk later on!

Oh yesterday i got a blister on the side of my toe was very sore after i got off the treadmill think it was the socks i was wearing as the runners have never caused blisters before so hopefully that will heal up, i must get some running socks see if that will help!!

B- 2 slices of multi-grain toast, 2 egg scrambled and a potato scone
L-
D-
S-

Will edit food diary later.....

Yep, defo get yourself some decent socks and trainers too for that matter. They say if you run you should go atleast 1/2 a size or a full size bigger than you would normally get to allow room for your feet to swell. I made that mistake and have now lost 2 toenails (sorry if tmi) but once I got ones that were a full size bigger, no problems at all :) defo worth the investment.

Don't feel so guilty - sometimes we need a little break - rest days are just as important as exercise days x

Thanks Tanya, I have 2 pairs of asics, that i alternate. I worked in a sports shop so done training in all the shoes and stuff i honestly thought the proper running socks where just a way of getting the add on sale, so skeptical! i will pick up some and give them a go though, i don't want any more blisters or even missing toe nails for that matter!!! lol!!!

Good luck in your run today, stay hydrated its warm out there!!!

lou1 said:
Thanks Tanya, I have 2 pairs of asics, that i alternate. I worked in a sports shop so done training in all the shoes and stuff i honestly thought the proper running socks where just a way of getting the add on sale, so skeptical! i will pick up some and give them a go though, i don't want any more blisters or even missing toe nails for that matter!!! lol!!!

Good luck in your run today, stay hydrated its warm out there!!!

Yep apparently it's 22degrees here an I'm just about to head out for an 11miler lol

I've not got running socks I've just got some thick socks that my brother gave to me (he's a fitness fan!) but is that what running socks are designed to do?

I've got asics too and the feel like I'm running on air - very comfy aren't they :) x

well the socks are seemless and really soft so they dont rub against the foot, some also have shock absorbers and have the same technology as running clothes have to take the sweat away from the foot.

before i worked in the sports shop i would wear normal casual trainers everywhere thought they were comfortable then i decided to buy some asics for work and omg i cant even wear normal trainers for a long time, i love my asics and they're getting better looking now!! i also have a good pair of adiddas runners too, more stylish but not as comfortable! i like the idea of the nike plus trainers that ya can transmit ur running to ur comp or ipod, i may have a look into them for handiness!

44 days to go....

Well another lovely day today!

Went to the gym this morning and plan to go 2m morning!! Today i felt like the 3 k was a breeze and could have went on, so tomorrow if i feel the same im going to keep going!! Hopefully i wont hit anymore walls i really found it hard moving from 2k to 3k but i think it was my mind holding me back rather than my body!!! Roll on 4k.....

Going for bar bites with my friends later hopefully wont be too bad!! but it is easter after all!!! :D

Treadmill - 3k (23mins jogging 2 mins walking)
rowing machine - 15mins
Cycling - 10mins
cross trainer - 10mins
Total - 60mins

I have a kids birthday party to go too so i'll be on the bouncy castle for an extra wee work out lol!!!

Will update my food diary later.....

Ooo I love bouncy castles- I am such a kid! have a good time hun x

41 days to go....

Well had a lovely long weekend!! it was so hard going back to the gym this morning though could only run a K and it was a struggle but im not going to be disheartened i'll just try again 2m!

treadmill 10mins
crosstrainer 20mins
bike 10mins
rowing machine 10mins
vibroplate 10mins
Total 60mins

b 2 x weetabix and 2 slices of toast
L blue riband (biscuit) bananna and apple
D spaghetti bolognaise

Last edited:
At least you went! It must be hard to go back after a few days off. I bet you'll be fine tomorrow :) xx

Day 4...

Well today the gym went well i ran my 1st 4k yay! so excited but also abit nervous that i wont be able to run as much as i hope! but im not going to worry about it right now i'll keep training and hope for the best!!!

treadmill 35mins (31mins running and 4 mins walking)
rowing machine 15mins
bike 10mins
vibroplate 10mins
Total 70mins

B-2 slices of toast

will update after work....

Well done in your first 4k!! Go you! I admire anyone who gets off their butt and trains. It takes focus and determination to get out and stick to a programme to get race fit.
Well done Lou. At least we have fab weather just now. Enjoy!

Back