10k run!!!!!! help

buffydog

Silver Member
Hi,
I have just signed up for my first ever run...............10k

If any one has any advice to offer for a first time runner that would be great.

I have lost 2 stones in 3 months but still have 20lb left, i have arrived at a standstill with no motivation, so i did this to get my butt into gear,
I`m actually really excited, but worried as i`ve never run in my life.....lol

Also if anyone fancies sponsoring me:

www.run10ksponsorme.org/cleaningaber

Cleaningaber is my business name, ,y partner is joining me too.

I have managed to walk 6k today, so gonna try adding in some jogging tom.

Wish me luck people.

Wanted to add, that this run is in exactly 10 weeks, any one who`s done this before, do you think this is too soon?

also i wanted to know how much faster is running than jogging????????

If that question makes any sense.

Hi, Good Luck! You could try running three minutes then walking three minutes and alternating. Then as you get better, you can up the running.

Good luck buffydog! I haven't ever run before but would love to next year. I think you need quite a bit of training/ practice but this will help increase your fitness level. Well done!

I'm doing the cancer research 10k run in october and have been following the training plan they have on the website - so far it's been going great and my dad and I have made massive improvements since starting and barely being able to run for a minute. It's a 12 week training schedule, and as the first couple of weeks are largely walking I reckon you should be able to use it to get yourself ready in time for your 10k run.

Good luck!!

Back