10k training

r2lilien

Hi! Just wondered if anyone is training for a 10k? Thought we could share tips, progress and results!!

My race is the 9th of September!!!

I havent ran since school so right now I'm using the c25k app then moving on to the bridge to 10k app to get my stamina up without hurting myself and using the Nike app too to calculate distance and speed. How about u? X

I just finished a half marathon on Saturday(my first!!), so my endurance is great right now! I will be starting running again on Saturday, and I will do a 4 mile easy jog. I aim to run at least 3-4 times a week. I will do probably 1 long run/week and at least one day of speed training! I have never run 10k, so I am a bit overwhelmed! I am just getting ready to google training plans lol. I will be doing a 5k fun run on July 7th, do I will use that as a speed workout!xx

ive got a 10k in september, my last proper 10k race was dreadful. i got lost on the route and eventually found my way back, took me just less than 2 hours :(

im training for a half marathon and the first runs start at 10k... managed a sucessful week on the prgramme so far, two 6 miles and a 3 mile per week. managing to do the 10k in an hour or close to it most the time so im pleased about it. im a slow runner, even older people (60's) are faster than me at running!

I ran my first 5k on Sunday. I'm now training for a 10k in September. I'm using the bridge to 10k app and did the first run today. I want to work on my pace and strength while training for the 10k. At the minute I'm running apx. a 10 min mile. I've seen the 10k course and there's some pretty hilly bits. Any tips on improving my pace or preparing for the hills?

Back