Total Solution 10lbs gain (Week 2 WI)

Dia

Hey guys,

I just had my weigh in this morning, and I clocked in at 263, 9.4lbs heavier than last week. Nothing but shakes and water have passed my mouth so I'm dumbfounded as to how this can be.

I'm a bit stressed to say the least :p

Chris

Hey :) try not let the scales upset you. Easier said than done, I know. Have you noticed your clothes getting bigger on you? If so, that's all you need to know that you're losing! The scales can be cruel to us sometimes, I don't really tak much notice. Keep your chin up and keep going. There is no way you'll gain if you're sticking to TS 100%...Chuck the scales in the bin!! :) x

Hey :) try not let the scales upset you. Easier said than done, I know. Have you noticed your clothes getting bigger on you? If so, that's all you need to know that you're losing! The scales can be cruel to us sometimes, I don't really tak much notice. Keep your chin up and keep going. There is no way you'll gain if you're sticking to TS 100%...Chuck the scales in the bin!! :) x

Yeah, I keep having to pull my jeans up more and more everyday...I really should invest in a belt :p

Hi, that sounds wrong to me, have you checked the batteries on your scales?

The scales are only a week old, so I assume the batteries are fine :/

Just got my Ketostix in the mail, and they're the darkest I've ever seen them, so I'm definitely, heavily, in Ketosis, lol.

So I don't really know what's going on. I'm gonna assume I'm retaining *alot* of water, and in that case I need to sweat more :p

There's something wrong with your scales. If you had of said 1lb maybe 2lb gain then it could be put down to water retention etc. but not that amount! Go to Boots and get weighed properly then take your ticket back home and weigh yourself there. If they are still out, take them back. Don't be disheartened and don't be tempted to eat - it's a mistake.

There's something wrong with your scales. If you had of said 1lb maybe 2lb gain then it could be put down to water retention etc. but not that amount! Go to Boots and get weighed properly then take your ticket back home and weigh yourself there. If they are still out, take them back. Don't be disheartened and don't be tempted to eat - it's a mistake.

Funnily enough, I'm not tempted to eat. Sure, I still crave a hamburger more than anything in the world, but I have the motivation to go on. Honestly, I haven't felt this good in years, regardless of weight loss :)

Defiantly sounds like your scales, i don't think it could be possible to gain 10lbs maybe try a new battery, it might have been sat in there for a while x

The scales I have are pretty cheap digital ones, so I'll probably splurge a bit and order a better one from Amazon tonight. My scales I have are a bit small, so I could do with getting one with a bigger platform anyway, my toes tend to cover the screen :p

Definitely sounds like you have dodgy scales then!
Go to boots/a local gym/your doctors and get weighed and then you will know your true loss over the past 2 weeks :D

Definitely sounds like you have dodgy scales then!
Go to boots/a local gym/your doctors and get weighed and then you will know your true loss over the past 2 weeks :D

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna go ahead and order new scales, and discount this weeks WI, and just start again from next week.

That's the spirit Dia, don't be disheartened all the best xx

Just got my Ketostix in the mail, and they're the darkest I've ever seen them, so I'm definitely, heavily, in Ketosis, lol.

So I don't really know what's going on. I'm gonna assume I'm retaining *alot* of water, and in that case I need to sweat more :p

How dark are they on the scale? I'd say if its really dark then you are definitely not drinking enough water and could be retaining. As well, as fat cells empty, they fill up with water so this could also explain the gain after such a huge loss.
FF :eek:

How dark are they on the scale? I'd say if its really dark then you are definitely not drinking enough water and could be retaining. As well, as fat cells empty, they fill up with water so this could also explain the gain after such a huge loss.
FF :eek:

Well I test in the morning, so it'd be concentrated anyway. Later on in the day they get lighter. I drink at least 3-4 litres a day so I doubt that's a problem...at least I hope not :p

I also ordered a £50 Omron scales last night, hopefully it'll be here on Friday. Apparently it's really good, and decent at determining body fat %.

the other thing to remember with digital scales is that you need to have them on a completely flat, hard surface. no carpets. I had to move ours out of the bathroom because the floor in there, while hard, was really uneven, and i never got the same measurement three times in a row.

the other thing to remember with digital scales is that you need to have them on a completely flat, hard surface. no carpets. I had to move ours out of the bathroom because the floor in there, while hard, was really uneven, and i never got the same measurement three times in a row.

Yeah, I have a semi-hard floor in my bathroom, but it's like a thick linoleum, so it has the slightest spongy feel. I wonder if that'll effect results. The only other "hard" floor in the house is the kitchen, and that's the same material.

Try putting a piece of plywood under the scales as the spongy surface may be affecting the scales.

Back