10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

Good to see you back 10st10lbs - Hope the exams went well. Hopefully the doctor can help in telling you whats up with your ankle.

Have a good day/week :D Xx

Welcome back and thank goodness exams are over- hope you get good results!

Thanks for the txt msg earlier. That is a brilliant deal, but unfortunately I can't just have 1 of those cereal bars and it makes me crave for sweet things- don't ask me why --might all be in my brain!!!

Hope your ankle gets better soon and definately go for a check.

Yay you're back! Sorry to hear your foot is still sore make sure you get on your GP's case about it BIG time as they can be very good at fobbing people off. I'm glad your exams went well I really missed you and I need to pm you to give you the low down. xx

Hi all!

I gotta stop doing these random disappearing acts! Had a weekend away with sis, BIL and niece - not too much bad foodies but not as sensible as I'd hoped. Tried a fresh start this morning, lasted a few hours before it went down the bog. Will try again tomorrow as best I can, might just need to hold off until the house is a little emptier and the kitchen is free, mum's on a painting spree at the moment and everything's all over the place. Doctor said I had sprained my ankle and it would have been better if I'd broken it, as then atleast it'd get 6 weeks rest in a cast. I've torn my fan ligament (http://sportsdiagnosis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/anklesprain.jpg - if anyone's curious!) and it gets sore out of nowhere. I really want to get back into walking/running lots but I just can't hack it :( I could probably do with better trainers but I can't afford anything new at the moment, so it's just a case of timing everything right!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey, not been round much myself, recently. ankle sounds sore! cant beat a weekend away!

RIGHT.

Diary title change needed!!! Best friend's wedding - 28th June. That's 20 days!! Almost 3 weeks, in which I could easily lose a decent amount and tone the eff up. I've just confessed on the Team Shreddies thread to having done 8 mins of Shred L1 D1 and then giving up. I just stopped in the middle of a jumping jack in the cardio section of the first circuit and growled at Jillian, pressed eject on my laptop and put the CD back inside my diary in my bag where it's been for the past two months.

It's also her birthday today, and she's getting Islamically wed later this afternoon, so I went round last night with presents... Her mum gave me a HUGE bag of fruit on the way out, I'm talking like, 10 bananas, 10 apples, a big big big bag of grapes, and a couple of peaches, pears and pomegranates. So I came home and ate Lady A style, a banana and an apple with a cup of tea that used my milk that I measured yesterday morning (when I decided I was going to behave myself and get back on SW, but this was before my friends called me and declared that they were lost without me and seriously needed my help to get presents, quick, so we ran around town for about five hours, and only briefly stopped for a loo break and to grab meal deals from Boots). And today, so far, it's gone like this:

1 small slice wholemeal toast with refried beans and mushrooms
Tea with HExA milk and sweetener

and I'm about to eat a banana. I know red days would whoosh the pounds off but I get terrible carb deficiency headaches. I could use HExB2 for pasta/rice/potatoes but I'm not used to measuring them... I think the key is going to be superspeed soup, or atleast my version, which will require a mid-week shopping trip to Asda, which I guess I could do when I go to the post office... And then I can make loads of soup and freeze it in bags. If I had soup for lunch every day between now and then, or atleast 4-5 days a week, I reckon I could lose a bit :)

Been back at 9st2lb for a while now, not losing or gaining, I guess losing 0.5lb a week paid off! I can feel my jeans getting a bit tighter round my thighs, but they've always been big... Supposed to be resting my ankle for another week but would really like to get stuck into C25K, esp as my brother is now wanting to rid himself of a bit of poundage. First he said 'I want to stop eating after 7pm'. Then it was 'I want to run atleast a mile every day'. Last night he came out with 'Running doesn't do anything, it's useless, I'm going to eat fruit spaced out during the day and do a minimum of 100 ab crunches per day and a minimum of 1000 per week', to which I said 'Eat vegetables too, fruit has a lot of natural sugars, and running is not useless, you can change your routine every week and shock your body'. I've not said anything about the crunches but will get him out for a run after he's had his tuition, try and download a C25K playlist onto his phone...

Wow, didn't realise how much I'd written! Quick fill in on other things then - been redecorating the house, well, dining room, back room, front room, hallway and mum's room, so I've had a really sore back and knees cause I was doing all the cutting (when you paint all the edges and corners neatly so the big spaces can be filled in with a roller quickly) and therefore was either stretching up to the ceiling to paint around the coving, or crawling along to floor to do around the skirting. Had very little sleep for three days, and now my brother is back to school, so it's early mornings again with lots of shouting and fighting. Had a haircut which was MUCH needed, it's been pretty much all one length since Dec, with one layer I think, while it was falling out... I'm not thrilled with it as I remembered the reason why I'd been putting off getting layers put back in again for so long (trying to get a visa for my dad's dad to come visit from India and good Muslim girls aren't supposed to have short hair) but I remembered a week later. It's not tooooo short now, I kept the length and had a cm trimmed, but cause my hair is quite volumised, the layers bounce up and make it look shorter than it is... My fringe is now the other way! Much appreciated change, but it is flick-back-able, so I can go left or right depending on who I want to be :) What else, what else... Quick messages for lovely readers!!

Aisha - I like your idea but whatever name you pick, it'll have to be repeated five times along with a really bad sound effect... and you wouldn't be able to dishum/patish anyone, you'd have to miss by like five feet but get them to fall dramatically to the floor... :D

why_d - What is wrong with you and I?! We're happier when we're losing, right? So then why are we being such flops? :(

Jen - I keep stalking your diary regularly but my damn phone won't let me post anything, this text box goes grey and if I tap into it, it shuts down my wi-fi on my phone :sigh:

Meli - I still have two boxes left, minus one bar :p I might go stock up again later, if they still have them! I know what you mean about one bar leading to a mountain of goodies... Self control is very much lacking right now!

Sum - Thanks hun, I'm glad the docs didn't just tell me to keep taking paracetamol! Mum was saying we might come down to see you guys soon, inshaAllah, but the idea has just been thrown into the air now so nothing's decided or final, far from it! But hopefully, fingers crossed! It's been 17 years since I came to Swindon :|

Anyone else who wants a message - leave your name and I'll get back to you ;)

xxx

So here's today's food diary - might aswell do it properly.

Wednesday 08/06 - Extra Easy. Bestie's Bday + 20 days till her wedding.

Breakfast
- 1/2 HExB wholemeal toast with refried baked beans and mushrooms
- Tea with part HExA milk and sweetener
- Banana

Lunch
- Rice noodle stirfry with cabbage, baby spinach leaves, green beans, mushrooms and soy sauce with cucumber

- 2 clementines

Dinner
- Quiche/frittata - softened cabbage, baby spinach leaves, green beans, mushrooms and onion, stirred into Quark and a little bit of tinned tomatoes, topped with eggs, baked in oven, with cucumber

- Apple and grapes

No syns. x

Last edited:
Thursday 09/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Omelette with coriander, onion, salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds and part HExA milk, and baked beans
- Banana

Lunch
- Leftover quiche/frittata with baked beans
- Mixed fruit salad

- More mixed fruit salad

Dinner
- More leftover quiche/frittata with baked beans, chicken and cucumber

- Tangerine
- HExB Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar

No syns. x

Friday 10/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 1/2 HExB Weetabix with HExA milk and banana

Lunch
- Rice noodle stirfry with carrots, cabbage, onion, tinned tomatoes, green beans and prawns
- Quark and cucumber salad

- Mixed fruit salad
- Activia FF vanilla yoghurt
- Tea with HExA milk
- 1 whole mango and 1/3 honeydew melon

Dinner
- Leftover stirfry without prawns
- Cucumber and baked beans

- 1/2 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar
- Tea with HExA milk
- Apple and pear

Last edited:
It's 6:33pm and I am RAVENOUS. I know there is plenty to eat on SW, lots of free and superfree goodies, but this is the third day following the plan now (without syns) and I still don't trust myself. Fruit/veg is not filling me up, I don't feel like cooking, I have a bit of a sore throat, cough and runny nose, and I hate Fridays because they mean that I have to spend the next two days with my family... No one has school, no one has work, extended family come and go, lie ins are impossible, as are peaceful nights.

We have fish for the weekend, but it'll be one meal only. I've told everyone they're having roast potatoes and carrots with it, otherwise we'd be having it with chapattis. Mum slipped in 'we'll get some garlic bread to have with it' - grrrr. I won't have any. I'm going to find a nice low syn dessert to make, which should be my first syns for the week.

Got a shopping list up on the fridge with not much on it other than my stuff, but as soon as the FF yoghurts and the Quorn stuff comes in, I'm sure it'll all be gone. I wish I could think of more fun things to make and eat but no one is interested or listening, faces are made if I pop out for a mid-week shop for ingredients, and my bothered-ness level is dangerously low. Might have something to do with my missing * week, which is really quite confusing.

ARGHHHHHHH - my brother has been in the kitchen for ten minutes now, stirring water in a jug with a spoon, calling my sister, and she's sat here on the sofa with her eyes glued to the TV, ignoring him. I don't get what's with that? OK, so I've got up and checked, he's making cakes. By beating eggs and sugar. And putting the whole packet of flour in. I want no part in this. She came in the kitchen to tell me off. What the...? *deep breaths* *deeeeep breaths*...

Awww *hug*

Why aren't you having any syns darling? X

*hug* thank you...

If I allow myself syns, I'll fill up on things I don't need. I've gotten so used to picking every half hour that I couldn't remember what hunger was, and now I do! I will have some during the weekend, I just want to get through a few days knowing I have the ability to have NO syns, so that when I do have syns, I'm control :)

xxx

Ahhh i just figured out that you changed your diary name 10st 10lbs lol I saw the thread in my subscribed theads and had no ideas who it was :rolleyes: Anyways i've figured it out now :p

Big Hugs 10st 10lbs ((hugs)) - take a deep breath and count to 10 as family's suppose to drive you up the wall. Its written in the invisable family code - Especially brothers lol I don't know how you can do so many syn free days but well done for doing so :) Hope you have a good weekend Xx

10st10lbs said:
It's 6:33pm and I am RAVENOUS. I know there is plenty to eat on SW, lots of free and superfree goodies, but this is the third day following the plan now (without syns) and I still don't trust myself. Fruit/veg is not filling me up, I don't feel like cooking, I have a bit of a sore throat, cough and runny nose, and I hate Fridays because they mean that I have to spend the next two days with my family... No one has school, no one has work, extended family come and go, lie ins are impossible, as are peaceful nights.

We have fish for the weekend, but it'll be one meal only. I've told everyone they're having roast potatoes and carrots with it, otherwise we'd be having it with chapattis. Mum slipped in 'we'll get some garlic bread to have with it' - grrrr. I won't have any. I'm going to find a nice low syn dessert to make, which should be my first syns for the week.

Got a shopping list up on the fridge with not much on it other than my stuff, but as soon as the FF yoghurts and the Quorn stuff comes in, I'm sure it'll all be gone. I wish I could think of more fun things to make and eat but no one is interested or listening, faces are made if I pop out for a mid-week shop for ingredients, and my bothered-ness level is dangerously low. Might have something to do with my missing * week, which is really quite confusing.

ARGHHHHHHH - my brother has been in the kitchen for ten minutes now, stirring water in a jug with a spoon, calling my sister, and she's sat here on the sofa with her eyes glued to the TV, ignoring him. I don't get what's with that? OK, so I've got up and checked, he's making cakes. By beating eggs and sugar. And putting the whole packet of flour in. I want no part in this. She came in the kitchen to tell me off. What the...? *deep breaths* *deeeeep breaths*...

Uh oh....so my fruit n cha hunger buster has failed for you? No worries....try bulking it out with yogurt or why not make some syn free hoummous n have it with some BRITISH crudités? Stick some gum in your gob and give yourself a manicure/pedicure in preparation for your friend's wedding. Mix a tablespoon of sugar with a tablespoon of olive oil and use it as a hand and foot scrub it's really good!

Ps your sister needs to chill out man! If she can't be bothered with your brother then she needs to fix up & stop taking it out on you. Allah blessed me with an older brother so I can't relate to what you're going through but it just doesn't seem right to me. You seem to be doing everything from decorating the house, looking after your brothers, studying and planning your mates wedding....you need some you time so make a face pack, soak your feet n chill....sorry but my chill advice is currently limited to beauty and playing street fighter IV ;p

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Saturday 11/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 1/2 HExB Weetabix with HExA milk and banana

Lunch
- 2 Quorn burgers, mashed potato and baked beans
- 1/4 melon and strawberries
- Tea with HExA milk and sweetener

Dinner
- SW chips, pizza (5 syns)* EL mayo (1 syn) and baked beans
- Mixed salad
- SW strawberry cheesecake (10 syns)
- Melon, strawberries and mango

- Halwa (est 6 syns?)
- 1/2 HExB 1/2 Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar

*half a small slice, cheeseless, naan based

Approx 22 syns. x

Sunday 12/06 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Soft boiled egg
(oh crap, I forgot 1/3 SF...)

Lunch
- Pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, EL mayo (0.5 syn) and FF yoghurt
- Cucumber, lettuce and mushroom salad

- SW strawberry cheesecake (10 syns)
- Rice pudding (est 15 syns?)

Last edited:
Yesterday's dinner was a DISASTER.

We had three bags of 2.5kg potatoes in the house (major misunderstanding during the week, mum sent sis out for some and she left them in her car boot, mum thought she forgot to buy them so bought more the next morning, and then went out again in the evening and forgot she'd bought them in the morning) so I made fries for everyone except me and my brother, as he's now being healthy. I cut the healthy ones a bit too thick, which meant they were going to take longer... Little did I know they'd take over two hours :( They were only meant to take 15 mins in the oven (after parboiling in a jug of hot water in the microwave for 4 mins) but because there was double the amount, I needed a bigger tray. Which wouldn't spin in the oven. So I took them out and put them on another tray. Which was way too small. So I found another tray, at which point I was so hungry as everyone else was eating turkish naan pizza and fries, that I didn't even realise the tray was GLASS. A few minutes go by, I'm washing up in the kitchen while I can hear munch munch crunch crunch pass me the mayo can I have the cheese ooh where's that pizza, and then BANG. The tray has cracked. So we took it out and cleaned the microwave, washed the chips over and over and over again, wasn't much broken glass as it cracked clean down the middle with just a little triangle shattered, and then put them back in the oven... But it had cooled down, so it needed re-pre-heating... And then put them back in, it took another 35 mins from that point. I'm pretty sure half of them were raw when I ate them, but I just didn't care then. I googled 'eating raw potatoes' and it's okay, so I just ate, faster than I have eaten in a LONG time (I eat really slowly according to my friends) and then had a twenty minute long conversation with my brother about why I shouldn't eat the last half slice of pizza. And then I did. But I did last about two hours between the conversation and the eating, which I thought was quite strong-willed of me, if that's the right word. And the strawberry cheesecake was meant to be dessert for today, but three extra bowls came out of the mix I made, and I'd had 1 syn with the mayo, so I just had it.

Aaaaaand *breeeatheee*...

:)

Last edited:
What a disaster.. You poor thing.. I'm surprised you didn't end up eating the pizza full on, so pat not the back for not caving in completely! I get so grumpy when my food doesn't turn out right (as I often did in the beginning of sw lol) or when it takes forever so I empathise completely.. Next time if you have realised you've cut the chips too big, just take them out and cut them in half.. That may have helped xx

Back