Step 1 Sole Source 11 weeks until my wedding......Before & During Photos Added

Well done laura (love the name change btw) I havent written much on here but I have been following your diary and I just had to tell you how inspiring you are!! Im going to go through all the steps like you are and hopefully keep this weight off for life :) xxx

Awww thank you....can't believe how quickly time has gone. It feels like yesterday that I was at the beginning of my journey crying over having 9stone to lose. Keep at it, you are doing amazingly already! Your 2013 goals are a fantastic idea. Well done!

Hi everyone, hope you are all being good...as I am no longer on CWP, I wont be updating this diary as think it is unfair, however I will still drop by to see how you are all doing. I have a new diary in the brides-to-be section: http://www.minimins.com/brides/313087-august-2013-wedding-countdown.html so come and say hello if you would like. Having a really bad week this week and trying to break a psychological habit that I think we have all experienced from time to time! :( Take care all!

Hi everyone, hope you are all being good...as I am no longer on CWP, I wont be updating this diary as think it is unfair, however I will still drop by to see how you are all doing. I have a new diary in the brides-to-be section: http://www.minimins.com/brides/313087-august-2013-wedding-countdown.html so come and say hello if you would like. Having a really bad week this week and trying to break a psychological habit that I think we have all experienced from time to time! :( Take care all!

Dodo luck with the rest of your journey Hunni, will pop by and keep up with your new diary, hope all goes well x x x

Change of plan....

Although calorie counting started well and I lost 6lbs over three weeks, my body decided it wanted to gain about 4lbs of water weight. This was very disheartening and old habits crept back in as I have spent the last week (since Monday) comfort eating. To my horror I have put on a total of 10lbs in the last two weeks!! I know all of this isn't fat as I worked out the calories I ate from my bingeing...which was disgusting (around 5400calories) but even with that amount over the time period it only equates to about 3lbs of fat.

I have decided to restart sole source on Monday (I'm back at work so will be easier as kept busy) and go back into the comfort of ketosis. I am not willing to undo all my hard work over the past 7months and I will be happy and healthy for my wedding.

Hope you are all doing well!

Change of plan....

Although calorie counting started well and I lost 6lbs over three weeks, my body decided it wanted to gain about 4lbs of water weight. This was very disheartening and old habits crept back in as I have spent the last week (since Monday) comfort eating. To my horror I have put on a total of 10lbs in the last two weeks!! I know all of this isn't fat as I worked out the calories I ate from my bingeing...which was disgusting (around 5400calories) but even with that amount over the time period it only equates to about 3lbs of fat.

I have decided to restart sole source on Monday (I'm back at work so will be easier as kept busy) and go back into the comfort of ketosis. I am not willing to undo all my hard work over the past 7months and I will be happy and healthy for my wedding.

Hope you are all doing well!

Stick with it, I was so cheesed off after honeymoon that the scales showed 1 and a half STONE increase, it put me right off track and I've not been fully back in the zone until now so its good your taking actions now :)
You've put so much into this its just so unfair how the scales jump so fast :-(
Good luck and keep us posted x xx

Thanks Angel! How are you getting on? Will stop by your diary later when I am back from work!

Back to day 1 for me! I decided to count from day 1 again as it makes me feel better! Like a whole new adventure. I am a mixture of excited, nervous and terrified! Excited about the comfort of having ketosis again and seeing the scales drop once more, but terrified of the withdrawal symptoms to get into ketosis. I have early shifts the next three days so hoping that will help as it will keep me busy until about 4pm. Mango shake for breakfast and it feels very refreshing!

Have a good week everyone and keep at it!! Its worth it all!! :)

Thanks Angel! How are you getting on? Will stop by your diary later when I am back from work!

Back to day 1 for me! I decided to count from day 1 again as it makes me feel better! Like a whole new adventure. I am a mixture of excited, nervous and terrified! Excited about the comfort of having ketosis again and seeing the scales drop once more, but terrified of the withdrawal symptoms to get into ketosis. I have early shifts the next three days so hoping that will help as it will keep me busy until about 4pm. Mango shake for breakfast and it feels very refreshing!

Have a good week everyone and keep at it!! Its worth it all!! :)

Morning Laura I'm doing fine thanks although a unexpected sts this morning as I weigh the same as last night but its all good as I know they will drop soon so not to worry.

The mango shake sounds fab and you know what to expect and you have such a huge motivation that I have no doubt you will get straight back on track and embrace the plan and the fab losses it brings with it :)
Good luck hunni and post as often as you need to help keep you on track, YOU CAN DO IT :)

Hi All,

Sorry not been in touch for a while - fallen off the wagon big time and struggling to get back on. Im having a few things going on at the moment (needing tests etc) and its difficult to concentrate on the plan when I am stressing about stuff - however it is three months today that I am marrying the love of my life - so I need to get back onto it! I am about 15stone at the moment so have put 15lbs back on :( they will be coming off soon though! Hope you are all doing well, stick with it - its not worth coming off believe me! Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Hi All,

Sorry not been in touch for a while - fallen off the wagon big time and struggling to get back on. Im having a few things going on at the moment (needing tests etc) and its difficult to concentrate on the plan when I am stressing about stuff - however it is three months today that I am marrying the love of my life - so I need to get back onto it! I am about 15stone at the moment so have put 15lbs back on :( they will be coming off soon though! Hope you are all doing well, stick with it - its not worth coming off believe me! Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Keep your chin up hunni, you know the plan works but stress won't help you at all.
Hope your tests all come back ok. Remember we are all here if you need a ear x x x

Hi all,

really struggling...:sigh: I have now put back on 1st 7lbs and I am back into the obese category! So cross with myself, the last couple of weeks have been rough with chest infections etc and I have just once again turned to food for comfort!! I have come to terms with the fact that I am not going to be 12stone for my wedding, but as my fiance says...its about the long term health/life style benefits rather than a specific date. I would however still like to get down to 13stone 7lbs. My wedding is 11weeks tomorrow....my body actually wants me to go back on CWP, its so much easier and I dont have the strength or will to eat healthily at the moment, but Im worried about not being able to stabilize in the time I have - so when I get married and go on honeymoon Ill end up putting on a stone again! (or more knowing me!). Part of me thinks I should just kick myself and healthy eat and exercise....I am not entirely sure what to do! Healthy eating and exercise would let me lost about a stone...but I would be toned/healthy and stable with the weight I would be at! I have to stop it now as i am a couple of pounds heavier than when I was measured for my dress....and that HAS to fit!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

Hi Laura,

I have been following your diary for a while now and just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far! I totally empathise with you and in fact in the exact situation except my wedding is in November. I too started the CWP around the same time as you but have fallen off the wagon way too many times than I remember being on the plan! You have done a lot better than I did! About the month ago I asked myself why I was trying to lose weight...was it really just to look good in my wedding pictures and dress or was it for me, to feel better and healthier?

I then asked myself if I did manage to hit my target weight...will my attitude towards food have changed and would I be able to resist the urge to binge and would I be able to maintain which is of course the most important part of the journey...but being Me lol and being such a big foodie and a great chocolate lover I knew I would lose weight on the CWP but simply wasn't realistic because as soon as I am able to eat again my attitude towards food will probably be the same.

I decided the best way forward was to get back into running and eating healthy again, I had to show my self I could put in the physical hard work and earn the calories through exercise that way my fear of not being able to maintain would no longer be there and I could continue to be a foodie and not worry about gaining weight as long as I'm watching my calories and moving more!

Last month I started at 14.6 stones I now weigh 13.11 stones and a perfect size 14 (my ideal weight for the wedding is 10.7 stones), its hard work and a lot of effort but if I can do it you can! I believe you also work shifts like me, I am a midwife and work crazy hours. Just before my LD I go for a half hour to an hour run and it makes me feel energised and great! Do this 4 times a day for the next 11 weeks and believe me you will drop so much in inches and you will feel so much more confident and healthier....and depending on the types of exercise you do you should be able to meet your target weight. But the main thing is the exercise! Once you have that under control it will come naturally to make healthier choices.

Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck with your journey and the wedding!

Last edited:
Hi Laura,

I have been following your diary for a while now and just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far! I totally empathise with you and in fact in the exact situation except my wedding is in November. I too started the CWP around the same time as you but have fallen off the wagon way too many times than I remember being on the plan! You have done a lot better than I did! About the month ago I asked myself why I was trying to lose weight...was it really just to look good in my wedding pictures and dress or was it for me, to feel better and healthier?

I then asked myself if I did manage to hit my target weight...will my attitude towards food have changed and would I be able to resist the urge to binge and would I be able to maintain which is of course the most important part of the journey...but being Me lol and being such a big foodie and a great chocolate lover I knew I would lose weight on the CWP but simply wasn't realistic because as soon as I am able to eat again my attitude towards food will probably be the same.

I decided the best way forward was to get back into running and eating healthy again, I had to show my self I could put in the physical hard work and earn the calories through exercise that way my fear of not being able to maintain would no longer be there and I could continue to be a foodie and not worry about gaining weight as long as I'm watching my calories and moving more!

Last month I started at 14.6 stones I now weigh 13.11 stones and a perfect size 14 (my ideal weight for the wedding is 10.7 stones), its hard work and a lot of effort but if I can do it you can! I believe you also work shifts like me, I am a midwife and work crazy hours. Just before my LD I go for a half hour to an hour run and it makes me feel energised and great! Do this 4 times a day for the next 11 weeks and believe me you will drop so much in inches and you will feel so much more confident and healthier....and depending on the types of exercise you do you should be able to meet your target weight. But the main thing is the exercise! Once you have that under control it will come naturally to make healthier choices.

Hope this helps and wish you the best of luck with your journey and the wedding!

Thanks for your reply! I understand what you mean and its part of my worry is that I can lose the weight on CWP, but then Ill end up just binge eating again (because that seems to be what I am good at) at the end of the journey. I do work shifts and couldn't imagine going for a run before a LD - I admire you for that! Did you run beforehand? I am not sure I even know how to run! Some of the nurses at work have taken it up as a group and they look great! Moving more definitely would help as I feel so sluggish and bloated at the moment...its the starting it that's difficult and knowing where to start to get the best results. Thanks for the advice, it has given me a few things to think about. :)

Thanks for your reply! I understand what you mean and its part of my worry is that I can lose the weight on CWP, but then Ill end up just binge eating again (because that seems to be what I am good at) at the end of the journey. I do work shifts and couldn't imagine going for a run before a LD - I admire you for that! Did you run beforehand? I am not sure I even know how to run! Some of the nurses at work have taken it up as a group and they look great! Moving more definitely would help as I feel so sluggish and bloated at the moment...its the starting it that's difficult and knowing where to start to get the best results. Thanks for the advice, it has given me a few things to think about. :)

I know everyone looks at me with a raised eyebrow each time I say I've been for a run before the start of the shift lol but surprisingly I feel better prepared for the day and even when we have had a busy shift I'm not as exhausted as I used to be. Yes I have always been into running but with the VLCD it's not recommended to do anything that vigorous so I gave it up for sometime. Running isn't for everyone but its worth giving it a go perhaps start with brisk walking to build up your fitness level. I have to admit the results will not appear as fast as CWP but I personally prefer to do it this way as I am learning more about healthy food and how to control my portions.

Morning All,

I had a chat with my consultant yesterday and after some thinking have decided to go back onto sole source. I don't know how long for...I may do a month and then go upto 810Kcal for a few weeks and then upto 1000Kcal..we shall see! Wedding is in 11weeks so I have time to get the 21lbs I have put back on, off again and I was happy at 13stone 13lbs - I would like to get down to 13stone 7lbs by the wedding and then 12stone after the wedding. I haven't been feeling very positive at all over the last couple of weeks and have been on an emotional roller-coaster, but for the first time this morning, I am feeling positive and ready to get back onto the wagon. I don't regret stepping off the wagon and reintroducing food early as my body needed it with chest infections and then other things as well and calorie counting started off so well - lost 6lbs in two weeks!. While I could have been at my goal of 12stone by now had I stuck to SS and then 810Kcal rigidly - I don't think my body would have made it! What I am cross about is losing control. Putting on those 4lbs of water weight, knowing that I had eaten well and it couldn't have been fat and instead of carrying on and being strong - losing the plot and binge eating! 4lbs isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things and had I stuck to the plan, would have been gone the next week...but at the time it feels like so much. It is easy however for that 4lbs to turn into 10lbs and then before you know where you are you are in a vicious circle which is difficult to break...comfort eating...putting more weight on and then comfort eating again which all equals a 21lbs gain and you looking back thinking 'if only'.

I wont bore you with everything that has happened over the last couple of weeks - suffice to say my GP told me to take a few days off work and the last couple of days has really helped! I am starting tomorrow (Monday 20th May) and have only got one shift next week (which is only 5hours) so I can concentrate on getting back onto sole source! For those of you that still may cross this diary every now and then...who are struggling...KEEP AT IT...DON'T GIVE UP!! Believe me, it is not worth it, I have been here so many times now and each time you say to yourself "it will be different this time" - it never is, the plan works, its fantastic, but you have to stick to it 100%.

The wedding week will be interesting as I have a trip to London the week before (wedding present to fiance), my hen party and then the wedding itself plus the honeymoon afterwards (two weeks) - I am not entirely sure how I am going to work it to minimise the damage however for now I am not worrying about that. I can SS for at least 4weeks so just focusing on that for now!

Since I will be at home a lot over the next week, Ill be able to catch up on diaries and see how everyone is getting on! Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Day one (again) going well! One shake down and 1 lite of water..having a jim jams day, relaxing watching TV to get back into the swing of sole source again. Feeling good so far. Hope everyone is having a great day!

You can do it! I am on week 4 and have lost 18lbs not had my weigh in for this week yet so if I can so can you!! Good luck on this new beginning xx

How you are such an inspiration!!! Subscribing :)

Hiya LAura sorry to hear you've been struggling but wow cannot believe youre wedding is so near, you're such a strong person and you can do this. Ive been allowed to restart today WOOOHOOOOO I also gained, total of 1st 9lbs since Feb but i go on nights for 12 weeks so shouldn't be as hard. Hope you're managing to stay on track, you're doing brilliantly xxx

Back