Step 1 Sole Source 11 weeks until my wedding......Before & During Photos Added

Morning everyone...hope you are all having a good week. I was supposed to be at work today, but over the last few days have had a sore throat, fuzzy head, pressure in my ears and ache from head to toe! I hate letting work down and feel as though I have done it too much over the last couple of weeks, but I suppose you have to look after yourself as well and I promised myself that while on CWP and until the wedding I would take a more "selfish" route with things....:eek:

The good news for today is that I weighed myself this morning, a day early as we are off to Crufts tomorrow (assuming I don't feel any worse of course!) and I have lost 4lbs on 810Kcal!! That means I am now 14stone 9lbs and only 1 stone 13lbs away from being a healthy BMI!! For the fun of it, I decided to get my size 14 jeans out (I am currently a size 16) and they fit :eek: - well sort of, my bottom is probably a little too big but if I wear something long over the top they are very comfortable. They are stretch jeans and an old pair so I doubt I am a size 14 for new clothes yet...but it still gave me that boost as it means a size 14 is in sight! I also tried on a size 14 top - I would say my shoulders and chest are now a 14....but the middle bit is still a 16...the middle bit is always the last to go! I lose it around the shoulders and rib cage first, I have noticed a huge difference in my legs and hips over the last couple of weeks and then hopefully the middle will go! :)

Have a great Friday everyone...I'm having a lazy/relaxing day to try and shift what ever it is I have!

Morning all! Hope you are all doing well :) Another 4lbs lost for me this week - really happy with that, going upto 810Kcal was definitely the right decision, apart from picking up the flu at work, I haven't experienced any dizziness etc since going upto 810Kcal - even while at work! So that's good! :)

Only another 2lbs to lose and Ill be below 200lbs!! :D and another 6lbs and I will have lost 100lbs!! All exciting!

Keep at it everyone - you will get there!

hi, I read your diary last night, well done you must be very proud of your progress so far. i have done cd before but each time i am nearly at goal I decide I can maintain on my own, I clearly can't! So this time I am going to endeavour to work up the steps more gradually!
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing wedding dress pics :)

Morning everyone - hope you are all doing great? I had a STS week last week - I don't mind too much, it was my 25th week and I had lost consistently since the beginning! I lost inches as well so that's a bonus!! I seem to have more days when I struggle, not for being out of ketosis - I dont know if I am out or in but don't feel too hungry, but I struggle with the idea of being closer to goal and getting inpatient I think! :eek: If I could carry on losing steadily over the next 8 weeks I will be happy, then I need to go upto Step 3 for a couple of weeks before a holiday (and wedding of a friend) in June. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying away from the chocolate easter eggs for next week!! :D

Morning everyone - hope you are all doing great? I had a STS week last week - I don't mind too much, it was my 25th week and I had lost consistently since the beginning! I lost inches as well so that's a bonus!! I seem to have more days when I struggle, not for being out of ketosis - I dont know if I am out or in but don't feel too hungry, but I struggle with the idea of being closer to goal and getting inpatient I think! :eek: If I could carry on losing steadily over the next 8 weeks I will be happy, then I need to go upto Step 3 for a couple of weeks before a holiday (and wedding of a friend) in June. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying away from the chocolate easter eggs for next week!! :D

Hey hun I know what you mean about struggling as you get closer to goal, so much harder to keep the motivation! In having that problem at the moment and didn't have a very good day Friday but how that 100% the rest of the time will make up for it. I am on week 21 and just want it done now, but obv I am slowing the prices by then cheating! We'll get there :-D

Hi everyone, I ended up leaving work early yesterday as wasn't very well. Having spoken to my CC I have decided to give Step 3 ago - it's scary but I'm going to be strict with myself and need to start listening to my body - I haven't been able to get my energy back since I had flu for a couple of weeks and feel like I am walking around with lead weights on! I must say it confuses me on this step as it doesn't specify what a "small bowl of salad" equals and the receipts mention tomatoes and red onion yet neither are on the list of fruit and veg you can eat....

We shall see how the next week goes! Hope everyone is going great!

I'm moving to step 3 in May so will be watching your loss's carefully from now on.

Well DONE on your loss so far! Amazing!

Morning all, had a rough couple of days - the few weeks of feeling under the weather turned into a horrible virus complete with temperature, chesty, lethargy etc. Spent the last couple of days either curled up on the sofa in jammies or in bed. In some ways I am pleased as it means I can knock it on the head once and for all. I went upto 1000kcal on Monday although the last couple of days I have been having slightly more while I'm unwell. Only extra fruit or a shake - I am staying clear of carbs as I am not letting it turn into an uncontrolled deviation from the plan. It's a great feeling actually - having control of what I'm eating, the right portion sizes and making informed decisions. I still want to get to 12 stone and I am keeping at it, but actually feeling quite happy about my weight at moment. Still have my moments where my head hasn't quite caught up with my body and ill feel like I did at 21stone but that will take time to change and will be part of the learning process of a lifestyle change. Happy Easter to everyone and hope you are all having a good week.

Hiya just popping by and wanted to say i am so thrilled with how well you've continued to do you'll be at that goal of 12 stones before you know it :)

Know how you feel on the virus front, im full of it, got antibiotics given by GP coz im in work all over the Easter weekend and can't afford to be off sick. Still not doing any diet plan here, got an appointment with gastro surgeons on Wed bt need to slap my hands coz ive gone a bit awol since coming off CD, managed to gain a whole 13lbs in just over 6weeks grrrr

Morning everyone!! Have had a name change! :) Hope everyone is doing splendidly! I am finally starting to feel better after having a viral chest infection which completely knocked me off my feet. My fiance has had it as well and now it appears as though my Mum is coming down with it. Its horrible!! Anyway when my temperature sky rocketed last week and I was quite poorly, I decided to up my calories until I was better. For the last two weeks I have continued to calorie count and have been surprised at a) how my body has taken to the extra calories (Im still losing weight) and b) how I have been really good and not had any chocolate/bread or things I shouldn't. I have just been eating healthily - using MFP to track my calories!

As I am happy with the weight I am at the moment, and while I do still want to lose the other 2 stone, there is no rush for that, I have decided to continue calorie counting and stop CWP. Although I am pretty confident I can get another stone off at least by my wedding in August. Once my lungs are back to full working capacity, I am also looking forward to getting into full on training for Kilimanjaro next year and maybe join a gym.

Just as information for others, it is not recommended to stop CWP and not go through the maintenance steps. I think the reason I have been OK is that I was on 810Kcal for about two months, the last couple of weeks of 810Kcal, because I was unwell, I had been having an extra product/yoghurt here and there so really was probably having 1000Kcal. A couple of weeks ago when the chest infection took hold, I officially went upto 1000kcal thereby introducing carbs and ended up having around 1200Kcals a day. So while I haven't done the CWP maintenance steps exactly, my body has had time to adjust. I'm also not having bread/chocolate/all the stuff that makes you fat and still having quite low carb meals. Please do not stop SS, go back to old eating habits...that is what I did last time and hence I was back here with 9 stone to lose!!

Hope everyone is having a good week! :)

hi there, iv just started cambridge (im on day 2) and just wanted to say how amazing your weight loss journey has been to ready, its absolutly increadible!!
although i only have a few stone to lose i hope i can keep at it and keep positive like you have and hopefully reach my target before my holiday in august!!!
Laura x

hi there, iv just started cambridge (im on day 2) and just wanted to say how amazing your weight loss journey has been to ready, its absolutly increadible!!
although i only have a few stone to lose i hope i can keep at it and keep positive like you have and hopefully reach my target before my holiday in august!!!
Laura x

Goodluck on your journey - just take each day as it comes, drink water, stick to plan and you will be at goal in no time! Where are you going on holiday?

I have now lost 100lbs :bliss: I can't quite believe it! I'm calorie counting now so not on CWP but I shall be checking in to see how you guys are all getting on! Stick with it - you know you can do it and you know it's worth it!

100lbs? WOW that is abso amazing, u must feel brilliant about that!!

im going to turkey in aug with my friend whos already a skinny toned babe so i really need to try to stay on track as much as possible as i dont want to be seen as the fat frumpy friend standing next to her at the pool :(

Feeling extra motivated now. Day two of CD and I'm thinking constantly about food... but I'm not hungry just psychological cravings... I need to lose the baby weight this year - by August for the sunshine would be nice! I've struggled with calorie counting but the CD seems to be OK as there's no dangerous choices (like in WW etc). Fingers crossed for a motivating loss on the scales at my Friday weighh in. If I haven't lost I may cry!:cry:

I know how you feel Vy, im constantly thinking about good. Keep telling myself, i am not starving, i am not going to die of starvation n to keep going. Hopefully ketosis will kick in for me tomorrow or sunday and then il feel a bit better :)

Well done laura (love the name change btw) I havent written much on here but I have been following your diary and I just had to tell you how inspiring you are!! Im going to go through all the steps like you are and hopefully keep this weight off for life :) xxx

100lbs? WOW that is abso amazing, u must feel brilliant about that!!

im going to turkey in aug with my friend whos already a skinny toned babe so i really need to try to stay on track as much as possible as i dont want to be seen as the fat frumpy friend standing next to her at the pool :(

You will look stunning around the pool! Your friend probably has hang ups about her body too - we always see ourselves differently! Turkey will be lovely and gives you something to head towards.

Feeling extra motivated now. Day two of CD and I'm thinking constantly about food... but I'm not hungry just psychological cravings... I need to lose the baby weight this year - by August for the sunshine would be nice! I've struggled with calorie counting but the CD seems to be OK as there's no dangerous choices (like in WW etc). Fingers crossed for a motivating loss on the scales at my Friday weighh in. If I haven't lost I may cry!:cry:

Sometimes all or nothing is what you need to get you started - that's the great think about the Cambridge weight plan. You don't have to think about it, there are no choices. It does get easier I promise - you will think about food much less as the weeks go on. Yes you will still have difficult days especially if you are late for a product and surrounded by nice smells - but take a deep breath, drink some water and keep yourself busy. It always passes and before you know it you will be at goal. Goodluck and stay strong!

Back