12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

ooh sounds good, so was 20 syns for the whole cake? how many peices u reckon u could divide it into? xxxx

juicygooseface said:
ooh sounds good, so was 20 syns for the whole cake? how many peices u reckon u could divide it into? xxxx

Well the cake was 20 then i spreaded jam to one of them so went to 22. It made 8 pieces. I also put strawberries ontop of the jam. Mmmmmmmm lush lush lush xx. Ill try to make some muffins this week n let u know the outcome. Should be able to use this recipe for cupcakes just use the small cases. If u want chocolate ones swap 1 ounce flour for cocoa. X

ideal cheers! will have to make them next week :) xxx

Well the cake was 20 then i spreaded jam to one of them so went to 22. It made 8 pieces. I also put strawberries ontop of the jam. Mmmmmmmm lush lush lush xx. Ill try to make some muffins this week n let u know the outcome. Should be able to use this recipe for cupcakes just use the small cases. If u want chocolate ones swap 1 ounce flour for cocoa. X

Let me know how it goes. I'm not good at baking but I'm starting to get the hang of it. xxx So far so good xxx

just thought alfsmummy did u make the improved cake the same way as the original, like whisking until its like a meruinge? or just chuck it all in and whisk? gonna make it today with little'n :) then make some normal ones for her, although i shall have to resist those ones... xxx

juicygooseface said:
just thought alfsmummy did u make the improved cake the same way as the original, like whisking until its like a meruinge? or just chuck it all in and whisk? gonna make it today with little'n :) then make some normal ones for her, although i shall have to resist those ones... xxx

Oh no sorry i didn't.

Cream sugar and marg together
Add already beaten eggs to the mixture
Add the flour
Mix till smooth and divide between 2 tins. Its gorgeous. I think ill use less Sweetner tho next time as was too sweet for me. OH liked it tho so depends on tastebuds. Its gorgeous let me know how u find it xx

thanks hunni yeah i will let u know as soon as ive done it, im intruiged lol. and just put in oven for the same temp? if ur not sure no prob ill just wack it in (lifes story) ha ha xx

juicygooseface said:
thanks hunni yeah i will let u know as soon as ive done it, im intruiged lol. and just put in oven for the same temp? if ur not sure no prob ill just wack it in (lifes story) ha ha xx

Yep same temp and time x

ideal cheers. xx

****ing rite i will! ;) xx

christmasfairy1 said:
Am I being a div? Alfsmummy or juicy I can't find the oven temp or time for the revised recipe help plzzzzzzz

Its 180 degrees hun. Let me know how it turns out as juicy can't bake Haha x

haha! rude! lol xxx

well my mum just came round and i told her what i did and she said"you cant just make your own cooking rules up, bicarbonate of soda is not the same thing as baking powder" lol xx

juicygooseface said:
well my mum just came round and i told her what i did and she said"you cant just make your own cooking rules up, bicarbonate of soda is not the same thing as baking powder" lol xx

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Did u put that in??? i didn't put either in and they worked out fine. Did u use 2 ounce of self raising flour for my recipe??? x

Back