12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

i added extra bicarb of soda to normal flour cos i thought it was the same as baking powder...so just added the amount needed to make it self raising(which i always do) except i used bicarb of soda instead. TARD! xx

These recipes are goooood! Thanks so much. I made my own butter icing with low fat butter and icing sugar and made my own reduced such strawberry jam for the middle of the sponge. It did taste 'diety' but I got a sugar fix for a fraction of the calories so I can't complain :D

juicygooseface said:
i added extra bicarb of soda to normal flour cos i thought it was the same as baking powder...so just added the amount needed to make it self raising(which i always do) except i used bicarb of soda instead. TARD! xx

Erm in future just use self raising x

We've all been there. I was making soup once and accidentally added a pinch washing power instead of salt. Doh!

happyhealthy said:
We've all been there. I was making soup once and accidentally added a pinch washing power instead of salt. Doh!

Pmsfl Hahahha. I don't think juicy could even manage that... But please don't give her ideas x

cheeky *****! ;) xxx

Hehehehe u 2 are funny!!
Sooo cooked my sponge earlier and all I can say is

Eggy bread :-/
What am I doing wrong????????
Answers on a postcard plzzzzzzz

christmasfairy1 said:
Hehehehe u 2 are funny!!
Sooo cooked my sponge earlier and all I can say is

Eggy bread :-/
What am I doing wrong????????
Answers on a postcard plzzzzzzz

Which recipe did u use hun xx

The last one that u posted 3 eggs 2 oz of flour low fat marg I felt really excited at the thought of it then really deflated when I tasted it lol
I can cook normal recipes no probes but anything diet fied and it foes wrong argfgghhggggghhhhh

christmasfairy1 said:
The last one that u posted 3 eggs 2 oz of flour low fat marg I felt really excited at the thought of it then really deflated when I tasted it lol
I can cook normal recipes no probes but anything diet fied and it foes wrong argfgghhggggghhhhh

Did u add sugar x

alfsmummy11 said:
My version was amazing. Omg so so so yummy well worth the syns xx

Method. Cream marg and sugar together.
Beat eggs in a cup.
Gradually add eggs to marg and sugar
Sieve in flour.
Place in a cake tin and cook at 180 for around 15mins depending on oven x

ha ha its not just me see!! :D xxx

Mmmmmmmm confused. Surely it can't just be me who can bake it??? how thick r the cake tins?? mine r about 1inch deep and they are rhetorically silicon ones. Im also using splenda Sweetner. You could scrap the splenda and do normal sugar for an extra 4.5 syns?? im going to have to make this again to see it wasn't fluke xx

Attachments

• 2011-04-02 17.35.25.jpg
    2011-04-02 17.35.25.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 91
omg urs looks well good. half eaten eh? lol
my cake tins were quite small but i literally could get the baking paper off the cake cos there was no cake left. lol xxx

juicygooseface said:
omg urs looks well good. half eaten eh? lol
my cake tins were quite small but i literally could get the baking paper off the cake cos there was no cake left. lol xxx

Im going to have to try again. U defo put 56grams of flour in??

yeah 2 oz? xx

I followed your instruct to the letter, used splenda, shallow tins etc
My mum is gonna try and make it to see if she can get it right
I'm really fed up with the sponge situation as I'm having to stop myself having any sweet things as abstinence is easier than moderation for me

christmasfairy1 said:
I followed your instruct to the letter, used splenda, shallow tins etc
My mum is gonna try and make it to see if she can get it right
I'm really fed up with the sponge situation as I'm having to stop myself having any sweet things as abstinence is easier than moderation for me

Im going to have to make t again to see if i did anything different. Its annoying me.now lol xx

Ok i only used 2 eggs as i only had 2 in and it tasted nice.. Took pics x

Attachments

• 2011-04-07 14.56.50.jpg
    2011-04-07 14.56.50.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2011-04-07 14.59.02.jpg
    2011-04-07 14.59.02.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 2011-04-07 14.59.09.jpg
    2011-04-07 14.59.09.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 2011-04-07 15.17.12.jpg