120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

I'm due a clinic weigh in - by home scales I'm now under 270Lbs. Very exciting approaching the 18s. Ans also over 9% loss. They say that loosing 10% is a really positive health move. Indeed, I know I've lost visceral fat as my lungs breathe easily. Not that I'd noticed a prob before. They just breathe more fully now.

So I have shed 27lbs since 15 December. And its not been difficult. It's needed mindfulness rather than willpower, to follow the programme and not drop into old habits.

You are doing well, Bordersgirl, at 30% BMI. I was prob over 50% - the machine couldnt calculate it in the clinic. Minimins calculates it at 47% starting. So that's what show's up in my profile.

I've been shopping my wardrobe - an Ann Harvey mock lizard jacket zips up now, and has a lovely cream satin lining so felt good to wear when I fetched the papers today. I am going to need more trews as I am tripping over them as they arent so filled in, and are dragging on the floor. I don't fit 22s yet ...so am waiting until I do. The Hospice shop is doing a roaring trade in 26s - as I am already clearing out.

Ali

I shop from my wardrobe all the time. I'm now wearing things I haven't got into for years :). I also have a mountain of clothes that will fit me when I'm at goal. I don't have to buy clothes from shops like Ann Harvey now - I can just walk into most shops and pick from their normal ranges. That was a big (and satisfying) milestone for me :). I'm buying 'transient' clothes now so things in the sales etc. because I know that they will only fit me briefly before they are too big, but it still feels like a treat to have new things to wear.

Well done on the weightloss. Believe me I feel so much more healthy at BMI 30 than at 40. I can't even articulate how much better I feel. I feel like my goal is in touching distance now - I just need to stay focused because it's quite easy for a little voice in your head to tell you that you've lost so much and feel so much better that the rest doesn't matter. But matter it does!

Good luck at the clinic WI.

Feeling the munchies tonight - the first time. I'm not hungry - just have teeth that want to work on something. So I've had fennel to crunch after my dinner as that's on the free list. So crunching away.....

Ali

Is tomato on your list? It's not on mine but I love them. If it's on your list it might make me feel a bit better when I have the odd one as it's on someone's list even if it's not on mine! ;)

It's one of the 200g veg list - ordinary ones, not cherry which apparently have more sugar!

So I'm having half a small tomato (usually under 30g) chopped up in my lunchtime salad so I get a sort or taste of tomato. Who would ever have thought I would comply with having half a tomato?? I use the remaining allowance for corgettes/cauliflower/swede/mushroom/red peppers or some mix of the same. There are lots of other things I dont care for so much.

Sleep well, BG!

Ali

I didn't know that about cherry tomatoes! Should have realised though that the nicest tomatoes would have some double edged sword associated with them! :)

This evening I had fennel ( a free veg) and 90g of tomatoes to an Alizonne recipe made by Disappearing Dawn, Alizonne blogger, as a side dish. The sachet I used delights in the wierd name of 'Potato pie'. It's sort of potato savory. I added spring onion greens and courgettes pre cooked. It browned up, falling to pieces looking like a sort of couscous. The meal looked really pretty on the plate.

The old me would have made it with lots of oil. Tonight, I made it in two non stick frying pans with a spray each. Learning new habits.....

It was the best meal I've had since I've been on Alizonne. Really really good!

Sleep well All,

Ali

Yea! Weigh in on saturday took me to 10% shed forever in just 45 days.

Roll on next weigh in/treatment.

Ali

Yay, well done Ali! Here's to the next 10% :)

As I was online on BT Fon over the past week, I forgot to post my Friday WI - 120.6kg - down 1Kg. I wonder if the Bikram yoga (which includes cardio and is very sweaty) slowed me down this week.

So the scores on the doors - 31 lbs shed forever in seven weeks, an average of 4.4lbs per week, or taking the past 4 weeks only, 6.8kgs or 1.7kgs pw or 3 3/4lbs a week. I'd never have achieved that doing WW etc.

I seem to have miscalculated lbs conversion so just a lb change to my profile. It's just above a change in two big figures - ie still over 120, and still 19stones. I'll be below 19 stone next WI, and hopefully below 120 too.

The best thing is my fat% is now registered. It was over 50% so didn't register on the hand held device. Now it's 47.9% and I will be below 35% when I'm done.

Ali

AliGal- your doing so well! Keep it up hun!!

Thanks so much for your PM, unfortunately I can't send one back :S I don't think Iv posted enough :(

Well done Ali - keep at it! xx

On track at 8 weeks, with nearly 3 stone lost. Over 3 stone lost including some weight loss before I started Alizonne.

OMG .....here I am matter of factly posting that I've lost 39lbs in 8 weeks. And it's not been hard. Just a matter of doing what they say, being conscious of prior bad habits and refusing to bend to temptations. I had thought I was slowing up but then got a great result on a good result this past 2 weeks. Deeply content about that.

I'm wondering what size I will be 3 months when our step daughter is marrying. I won't be able to shop until a week or so before we go. Right now the weight is coming really fast off my belly - where the ultrasound paddles 'melt' the fat. The longish tunic styles I have fall much better now. Some weight is also coming off all over. Right now people who know I'm doing Alizonne see an amazing change. No comments from others yet.

What is strange is that I am not ecstatic. However I think that's good. I can't sustain ecstasy from now until August!! I am quietly pleased with myself. And remain certain that I will get to goal and keep it off.

My main learning this past 2 months is that this is just the start. Keeping it off is the real work - learning a new normal to keep steady. Alizonne keep monitoring us - a new medgem with the BMR (basal metabolic rate ie how many calories to stay at goal) when we get to goal so I will know how much I can eat and monthly visits for 12 months, with advice as needed. People who don't phase off properly or keep up that monthly WI don't seem to do as well at staying at goal as those that do.

I'm feeling more comfortable clearing clothes out of my cupboard. Now I don't have a flat in town, I am combining 2 wardrobes - from my work/weekday flat and weekend/country/gardening clothes. The 28s and 26s are now going, plus anything I don't love. What's the point in wearing clothes I don't love love love.... So I'm blessing others courtesy of my local Sue Ryder (who can giftaid the donations - so an extra win). Some of my working wardrobe and other clothes were getting worn so are going for fabric recycling. I've also got rid of some work shoes as well as I am don't need so many pairs.

I also am shopping my wardrobe much more frequently - wanting avoid slimming right through clothes I'd like to wear. I have maybe 8 things I will wear that have been lurking around my wardrobe for some years. One of my favourites is a 1960s silk dress that I bought in a 2nd hand store at university (30 years ago!) and always kept. Getting into that will be very very satisfying.

I've found some 'slightly tight' bras so that's good as they are no longer tight. I am just on the border of being able to wear my lovely range of blue, green and turquoise 42DDD s from Lane Bryant bought during work trips to the US.

I haven't yet decided how to manage the bras whilst I continue to shed the lbs. A good bra is so important to a good line. So I expect I'll just have to buy a couple of bras as I go down and also have some of those stretch bra tops for days I am at home walking the dog.

Well I guess that was more info than most of you needed!

Have a great Saturday night/ Sunday!

Ali

Well done Ali! I found that people who knew I was doing the diet noticed before I got to 3 stone but others who didn't took over 3 stone and some nearer 4 stone before they noticed. I know what you mean about the wardrobe. I have things in the wardrobe still with their tags on that I never wore because they got too big before I got round to wearing them and things that I just didn't like that much so didn't bother wearing again on the way back down, plus some things that I bought 'to slim into' years ago, and then of course never did, but am able to wear now :). I must get round to charity shopping some soon but I have a lot of wardrobes so there is still plenty of room and I've just moved things around. I really should bite the bullet and get rid. I did shift a bin liner of stuff the other day. Made the OH take it to the supermarket and put it in the Salvation Army container they have outside. :)

I've bought a few bras on the way down but have only gone down in terms of the numerical measurement as I'm still the same cup size sadly. I have some nice bras from when I got to goal before that I hope will fit again but I intend to have a professional fitting when I finally make it to goal plus I'm even considering a reduction! I still haven't found a stretch bra top that I can actually get into (maybe they don't do them for my cup size) and would quite like one for slopping around at home days. Where did you get yours from?

Thank you, BG. I'd heard the 4 stones is often the point at which people notice. I've got another 7-8 stones to go - so 1/3 of the way.

I haven't bought a bra top yet ...saw some in our local (very small) Boots. I have enough to get on with at the mo.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy your cup size! I am hoping to keep most of mine.....always liked a good cleavage.

Now, BG: I am going to talk tough to you. You are my role model in may ways.....but you are not living up to it right now.....by still having clothes you have slimmed out of still in yr house. It's great your DH did a Salvation army bin run.

Please bite the bullet on the rest. Chuck them out next weekend! Or just put by the front or back door and ask your DH to do it if you can't do it. I have this strong feeling that it's essential to staying at goal.

Have a lovely day tomorrow,

Ali

I did the chucking thing last time I did a VLCD and over the years ended up buying new things in all of the sizes again. I suppose in the back of my mind I'm thinking I may need them again, much as I don't want to. I think the first step is to chuck all of the things I don't love to ease myself into chucking the things I always liked wearing :). Next weekend will be to sort out the 'keep for now' from the 'chuck it now' I think.

I am like BG, a gal who likes to monitor at home - and this am I was down a lb so that makes the nice 40lbs on Alizonne. Yea!

Well done on the 40lbs - not far away from 3 stone :). I managed to do some sorting today and have about 50 items bagged up and ready to chuck :). Still got a bit of a way to go before I send the most beloved items on their final journey (well out of my house anyway!) but getting there at least.

Back