120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

A shake or sachet ommlette for breakfast is second nature now. I did egg and baked beans on toast for DH this am without a prob. now sitting at my desk with my water and off to start work.

Have a great day fellow vlcd-ers.

Ali

You have a great day too!

I do beans on toast for the kids once a week or so, very odd not to have some. I had 200g beans on 2 slices wholemeal toast every day for over 10 months! Was pretty much the only low Gi lunch I liked :(

Are the omelettes nice? We don't get them!

The ommlettes are not recognisably ommlettes - ie if you offered me a two or three egg ommlette, I'd choose that over the sachet.

However in the way of vlcd, I have grown to like them. We have 3 sorts - fines herbes, smoked bacon (no so not bacony - more just savoury!) and cheese. They come as powder and you mix with water.

I spray a non stick pan and 'fry'. I don't care for the herb one. I like the bacon one with fresh herbs, spring onion tops and maybe some stir fried veg such as grated or finely chopped courgettes from my 200g restricted veg allowance for supper. I serve them for supper with broccoli or some other free veg.

My new discovery is to mix the cheese ommlette sachet with a cheese sachet. The cheese is sheep's cheese - made up it's like a very mild low fat boursin. The resulting thinnish pancakes are not omlettes and are not very cheesy - but are really nice and even brown a little. Good for a cold day like today.

Day 66 and still on track.

Ali

Oh good you are finding 'recipes' for the packs, I think I have almost everything slightly different to the instructions. Meals I alwasy add more water and herbs, dry garlic, sometimes mustard seeds. Shakes I do hot, all thick with ice in a blender, or as a little bowl of mush! Bars I chop up, soup is less water and added herbs etc. Turning into a gourmet!

66 days is frankly an amazing achievement. I'm on day 36ish and can't believe I've lasted this long!

As you may know, I weigh daily when at home. I amend my profile here when I am down a pound or two. I also WI officially regularly. The day sometimes varies due to work. This week I lost just over 2lbs.

I found myself having that 'only a kg' moment. And then I acknowledged that I had lost 2.2lbs without having any hunger, and that it's the cumulative 4 week result that matters. Three more pounds and I'll be 17 something. I can't remember the last time I was 17 something. One more lb and it'll be 3 stone in 9 weeks.

So onwards and downwards!

Ali

I'd be delighted with 1kg at the moment. My losses have slowed to a snail's pace. In some ways it's fine as I feel so much better now I don't have the urgency to get to goal that I had at the start but on the other hand I would like to get to goal some time in the not too distant future! I always love it when I see a new number on the scales :)

BG:

what I love about you is that despite some days STS, you are still focussed on the end result. Rooting for you, BG!

Ali

Hmm, but I had a bit of a blip today! :rolleyes: and I'm out of ketosis! Never mind, back to it and in comparison to my calorie intake pre diet 900 calories isn't really a big deal to be honest.

Just seen that BG has released over 27% fat, and I've done more than 14%. Amazing results.

This morning I'm at home so do my daily am WI - and am down a lb to a satisfying 255lbs. Having been over 300lbs most of last year, that's great.

Have a great weekend,

Ali

Amazing! Back from 3 days away and two wonderful things have happened.

I heard a health and fitness coach saying that the most motivating thing for his male clients wasn't the scales. They buy trousers a size down and try them on weekly.

So I bought some size 22 bootcut jeans from Asda/George. It's only a week or so ago that I could get into some George trews size 24 I'd never worn as they were too tight. They are now loose at the waist.

Amazingly, when I tried on the size 22s, they fit. They are snug especially on the thighs and so I didnt wear them to drive 5 hours home. I'll be wearing them today! So I can wear size 22s.

I don't remember when I last wore jeans as I always disliked Evans' jeans. Size 22. Yea! And I have a pair of 20s which I will start trying on when the 22s fit with ease.

Second amazing thing:
My official WI varies due to my commitments. It's usually in the am on Thursday or Friday but this week will be early evening tomorrow. So when I'm back home, I weigh in every morning. And in 3 days, I have dropped 4 lbs.

My WI tomorrow pm may be higher as I don't hold back on water on WI days. I don't want to waste a day a week and am sure good water intake assists the liver in processing losses. However, I am blessed with a good attitude towards home/clinc weigh in variations - indeed towards home weigh in variations. So I'll be drinking as per usual, which depending on excretion means my official results may well be a little higher.

That's 4lbs in 3 days is the wonder of vlcd. I'm connsistent in how I follow the plan and last week, I shed only 1kg. So I'm really pleased that it's moving again.

The loss is significant as I've powered on past the 18s and 125kg AND have shed over 15%. I am proudly 17 stone 13lbs and I have lost over 20kgs. The clinic weighs in Kgs and I think in stones/lbs so am always tracking both.

Have a great day,

Ali

Woo! You're doing so well, such an inspiration! I agree entirely with the water thing, it's so very important to just drink lots. Helps the loss, washes the ketones away, just helps everything! I can honestly say my skin has never been as good as it is now.

I have trousers in every size down to 12! The same brand, so I know that I have lost not that they just have different measurements. I'm in 16 now, was 18 when I started the VLCD. I do have 12, 22 and 24 at home and I had size 26 in a different brand! When I was bigger than that I wore skirts, I had size 34 stuff at one point! Come a long way haven't we :D :D

Well done Ali you're doing really well. It's great when a plan comes together isn't it, and smaller clothes fitting are definitely a great boost to morale :)

Ali I have just been reading you posts and you are doing amazingly well :).

I saw an advert on Alizonne in the paper yesterday and was so curious that I got straight onto the website and looked at videos on you tube!! I thought the results looked great. Imagine my surprise when I logged onto minimins today and saw your post. I just had to read a "real life " story LOL.

I'm following a combination of Cambridge and Slim & Save and have just recently started a course of LPG. I was exercising but had to stop because my weight loss really slowed down. I just wanted to get rid of the weight then concentrate on my fitness, but my fear of the dreaded loose skin lead me to LPG!! I am really pleased with the results I'm seeing and intend to keep it up till I'm happy.

How have you found LPG? I notice you said you were happy with the ultrasound, how often do you do the two?

I was a bit skeptical of the ultrasound and was concerned with burning, but if better results can be achieved I'll try anything :D. I appreciate any feedback you can give.

Keep up the good work x

Woo! You're doing so well, such an inspiration! I agree entirely with the water thing, it's so very important to just drink lots. Helps the loss, washes the ketones away, just helps everything! I can honestly say my skin has never been as good as it is now.

I have trousers in every size down to 12! The same brand, so I know that I have lost not that they just have different measurements. I'm in 16 now, was 18 when I started the VLCD. I do have 12, 22 and 24 at home and I had size 26 in a different brand! When I was bigger than that I wore skirts, I had size 34 stuff at one point! Come a long way haven't we :D :D

Hello Lovely Minimoosh. Just catching up. Thank you for this lovely post. Pleeeease get those clothes above size 16 out of your house. I'm convinced that staying at goal requires us to act like people at that size. And they wouldn't have clown clothes (ie clothes that swamp them) in the house.

Have a great week

Ali:thankyou:

Eeek - I wrote a long post and lost it when I tried to post. So dear Loose2win, the v short answer is yes - I think ultrasound is really good for those with lots to loose as it targets areas. My abodomen has really shrunk where the paddles are placed. If you are well hydrated and the therapist uses sufficent gel, they are not unconfortable. there's a high pitch in your ears so it may not suit people with tinnitis.

I also think endermologie is great for stimulating the skin. Maybe strong skin brushing could have a supportive effect but I suspect most people wouldnt keep up the regime at the strength required. I've grown to like it as my skin feels really stimulated and i feel alive all over!

Thanks for posting and please stay in touch on how it's going for you.

Ali

I wish I could post a lovely loss - but i am with my DMIL for longer than expected as she needs me here, and her 30+year old scales suggested I had put on a stone and half in a day....so are absolutely no use!

Loving wearing my size 22s here in MacDonalds! Yup - MacDs! Why??? because I can have a black coffee and get on line for free. So I am about to have my midmorning shake (as I got up and had brealfast opne so v early). I am pleased to report I am not tempted. Also that my observation is that more customers are fat that the average for the local population....

I don't know when I will get home but as I missed my official WI and am so excited about staying on track, I think I'll have to pop into ASDA and get some scales....

ooooh maybe I'll get below a BMI of 40 this week.

Have fun this week, all you Minimins babes!

Ali

Hello Lovely Minimoosh. Just catching up. Thank you for this lovely post. Pleeeease get those clothes above size 16 out of your house. I'm convinced that staying at goal requires us to act like people at that size. And they wouldn't have clown clothes (ie clothes that swamp them) in the house.

Have a great week

Ali:thankyou:

Sadly not possible, I'm still in 18-20 tops! I don't own anything smaller than a 20 so I'd be naked- no way am I buying lots of size 18 tops for a month, besides I don't even have the money. So will be in the baggy stuff till I can afford to buy more.

I don't know how you could sit in Maccy Ds, the smell would kill me- not sure if in a bad or good way, if I would be tempted or repulsed!

Funnily enough I was satisfied with coffee and a shake. I am highly motivated by the results I am getting.

And this week I have shed 4lbs. I jumped on the scales when I got in this am, and was 4lbs down making a perfect 50lbs off on Alizonne. That also makes me into the 30s on BMI. It's also 5 stone plus off including the Paleo losses earlier last summer. My 22 jeans are very loose at the waist already....10 days on. Still fitting on the thighs - so not into the 20s yet.

Ali

Well done Ali - 4lbs is a good, steady loss. I'd settle for that if I could :)

Back