14 Stone To Lose

hi tracey your more than welcome

psp you are a strong person love going back to see him x x

WOOHOO on the loss girl, that's fabulous!!!!!!

And lovely to see your pic - I'm the same, hold a pathological hatred of pics of me (as I suspect a lot of us are) - my friend took one the night I arrived and posted it on FB and I HATE it, asked her to take it down but she hasn't yet :(

Also - I think I may have the boobs you say you've lost....:D

lol lol oh susie x x

I'll have some boob if there's some spare, I didn't have much to start, lol. Thank god for padding now ive lost weight, I unknowingly took an old strapless bra on holiday with me in June and when I tried it on I could fit a whole apple in each cup! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello my darlings! :) Sorry I've been missing a few days, been having a hard time these past few days. It's nothing serious - it's just everything's happened at once and I'm still catching up.

* Care home send a huge invoice for monies outstanding (ie: because there's not enough 'personal funds' (just over £20 a week) to cover everything else he needs when you consider the £50 life insurance a quarter, the nails every 6 weeks at £30, the £25 round trip to hospital/doctors appointments, the diabetes nurse who tends to his feet at £15 - at the homes insistance! - each 6 weeks and so on and so forth) He's been in over 2 years now so there's no savings whatsoever left (he only had just over £900 as it was) and he didn't own his house so nothing there to draw on. They want £1000!

* Social Services finally reassess grandad financially after 2 years (when they should do him yearly) and say there'll be an invoice generated for the last 2 years as his fees will have raised each year and then obv there'll be the new raised payment weekly - looking at at least £200.

* Boots pharmacist generally attempted to make life very hard and was incredibly rude and offensive Wed/Thurs (and flat out called mum and I liars) because she'd done some pretty serious mistakes on our medication and purposely not ordered an item on the prescription - then quite literally SHOUTED down the phone that we were in the wrong and "how DARE we challenge her, a PHARMACIST!! about it! Who did we think we were?!" (thankfully my lovely Doctor, John, has raised a new prescription so we can draw a line under the situation with Boots (aside from us making a formal complaint) and have our regular pharmacy delivery it as they normally did (only didn't as it was an important item that the doctor prescribed there and then, not a repeat item)

* My phone keeps turning itself off and on at will - more off than on... not great when it's the number the care home have.

* Courier kept refusing to deliver a parcel cos it was open a bit. It was nothing important but the depot were adamant it was coming out every day without it never turning up! When it finally got here, it was the tiniest rip and nothing could have fallen out of it!

* Laptop well and truly died power wise (had already had problems with dropping the wireless needing a full restart each time it happened (could be once, could be every hour - very unpredictable) Only getting this written now because I've ducktaped the power lead in it (safe, eh!? :p )

* The washing machine went well and truly bang and scared the living daylights out of all of us!

* My external hd with all the important back up stuffs is slowly dying. Sods law!

* On top of that it's TOO BLINKING HOT OMG! Really struggling to do anything in this heat, it's so de-motivational! hate it!

If I haven't lost weight after all the walking moving and dragging around this week I won't be happy! Especially after struggling the washing machine out the house by myself this morning (knackered!!)

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do about the invoices, washing machine, phone or laptop as we're both ill and I'm mums carer, money is already tight and there's no spare whatsoever. Thankfully there is a laundrette about 10 minutes away so we don't have to pong till we get sorted out :)

Aah, Chezz and PSP, you're going to make me cry, thank you! I'm so touched by everyone's lovely comments. Believe me when I say it's worth every minute of the weight loss struggle to actually get to this point, and I'm really rooting for all you lovely people to get there soon and have that feeling too. xx

Mean every word of it :) You are a true inspiration and I can't be the only one who is still inspired to continue even when it gets REALLY hard and you just want to give it all up. You're proof it can happen and inspiration to continue fighting on!

You're absolutely right about needing to rewire the brain, it's such a challenge. I still think of myself as being much bigger, and it can be quite a surprise if I see myself in a full length mirror, or a photo - so weird!

I'm really sorry you have to keep going through these unpleasant visits to your grandfather - you're a lovely person, because I think I'd have given up on him a long time ago, and I really admire you. xx

It's strange isn't it - mind you I suppose it's only fair. We were larger for a longtime so it'll take some time being skinny minnies to get it all sorted mentally :)

Thank you too lovely, I really appreciate it :) It's hard going and we have dropped it down to once every month (though it was last monday and this tuesday this time because of the social services visits - one for his care plan and the other for a financial assessment. I don't want anything to do with him - we've all been abused by him for our entire lives (and my mums almost 60!) but our consciences won't let us. It's stupid I know and we have cut it down - when he was at home we were there 24/7 because there was noone else.

The fight it took to get him into a care home after we'd had him for 16 years was unbelievable. We had to threaten social services that we would just walk away and leave him if they sent him home - despite even him insisting he didn't want to be at home after he'd fallen three times in three weeks and ended up in a&e each time, shaking himself up. It then took from April to August to keep on fighting to get him full time as his social worker was adamant that he was going home - we were exhausted and at the end of our tethers and she was all 'you'll be fine. he'll be fine....' despite us telling her - and her witnessing - what he'd do to us. eugh, don't like thinking about it tbh.)

hi tracey your more than welcome

psp you are a strong person love going back to see him x x

Thank you love :) Case of morals over common sense I think :)

WOOHOO on the loss girl, that's fabulous!!!!!!

And lovely to see your pic - I'm the same, hold a pathological hatred of pics of me (as I suspect a lot of us are) - my friend took one the night I arrived and posted it on FB and I HATE it, asked her to take it down but she hasn't yet

Also - I think I may have the boobs you say you've lost....

Thank you lovely :) I don't have any recent pics of me and won't allow them when there's hundreds from when my brother and I were kids. Hate cameras and pictures but they're a necessary motivational tool sometimes I think. And like Tracy says, it's great to show a before and after - like those big trousers :)

(You can keep the boobs, I don't want them back ;) )

I don't mind giving up my boobs if anyone wants them??
LOL, my fear is that when I lose my belly, I'm going to be tripping over my boobs. These days, I do believe the only thing holding my 'twins' in their upright and 'less than perky' position is my belly. May have to get me a boob lift once I accomplish my weight loss goals...

Hahahahaha! Oh lovely, I'm the same as you! There's a little podgy bit at the top that is keeping mine where they are - I'm assuming that that accounts for the 5 inches loss from the back to be honest but I'm not complaining ;) It's going to be a roll up job I think...!! Hoping that at the end of it I'll be able to have a boob reduction on the nhs but given the BMI targets I don't think I'll be able to make it as I think at my "healthy" bmi (9 1/2 stone - 12 stone or 135 - 169 pounds.) I'd look poorly (but then I haven't been under 22stone my entire adult life so I don't know till I get there :D ;)

Fab well done you - half century next week

Thank you my love, hope you're doing well :)

I'll have some boob if there's some spare, I didn't have much to start, lol. Thank god for padding now ive lost weight, I unknowingly took an old strapless bra on holiday with me in June and when I tried it on I could fit a whole apple in each cup! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's on the way :D

:D It's a way of smuggling apples into a cinema... ;)

Hope you're all doing well my lovelies :)

Oh hon, what a terrible week you've had!! I really hope you get some of the problems sorted and, and that you're at least rewarded with a big weight loss! Thinking of you. :) xx

Thank you sweetheart :)

Where there's a will there's a way. Gotta keep a sense of humour and keep plodding on haven't we :)

How are you doing?! :)

Aw Hun you have had an awful week hope things improve this weekend for you HUGS xxx

OMG Sparkle you poor love, what an awful list of things to all happen at once!!!!!

Surely the government has to meet the cost of the care home, especially if you and your mum are both not well, etc? I really can empathise about the abuse, and it shows what a wonderful person you are, that you can rise above it and still take care of him in this way.

And WTF on the Boots pharmacist?! That is SO rude!!!! I hope you do complain in the strongest terms!

Thank you so much my lovelies, I really do appreciate your words. Just sounding off and getting it down "on paper" made my head feel lighter and clearer so it definitely helps :)

OMG Sparkle you poor love, what an awful list of things to all happen at once!!!!!

Surely the government has to meet the cost of the care home, especially if you and your mum are both not well, etc? I really can empathise about the abuse, and it shows what a wonderful person you are, that you can rise above it and still take care of him in this way.

And WTF on the Boots pharmacist?! That is SO rude!!!! I hope you do complain in the strongest terms!

Social Services do help financially in that the pay most of the fees. He gets £150 pension and pays £126 - and we're supposed to do everything else with that small amount - and that'll have gone up in the next few days when we get the new invoice. That is the "personal allowance" amount that everyone in a care home gets and apparently it "can't" be more!

Personal allowanceThe Personal Allowance for 2014/2015 is £24.40 per week. The Personal Allowance is for you to spend on things of your choice, for example stationery, personal toiletries, treats, presents for friends and relatives.

It doesn't even come close to the money that he needs. It works out at 105 a month. I had to provide a list of ongoing costs for the meeting (and I had to prove 'WHY' he needed them which I thought was insulting given we'd had to 'care' for him for 16 years before the last 2 years in the care home and know what is required! why do you need to prove WHY he needs something?!) so the "personal allowance" has to cover all this:
grandadmini.png

The government really don't have the first idea just what a person needs!

Back