14 Stone To Lose

Just popping in to say hello! :wavey:

Congrats on the boots. :D I live in Evans boots this time of year. I'd wear them all year round if it didn't look weird. ;) But that's probably cos I live in dresses these days. Thank goodness dresses are back in fashion again - there was a really terrible time a few years back when no one wore a dress unless they were going to a wedding or a ball. I'd best get slim before they go back out of fashion again!

I saw some bargain boots on the Evans website the other day as well. They were £55 down to £10, with free delivery as well. I resisted though, don't really need any more boots and the bloody dog has skinted me again this month.

aww bless you love hope doggie back on mend x x x

hi sweetheart how are you and your little doggie woggie x x

Wow I can't even imagine having to look after a grandad & a mum!! Bless you it sounds like u have been through a lot!
You are doing so well!
Yehy for boots I really need some new ones mine have Holes that let water in xxx

Thank you lovely :) It was tough - but it's easier now I just have mum to look after as she works with me rather than fights against and causes more stress.

Not that the care home seem to help with the grandad situation. They know WHY we don't visit that often and what he's done but still apply the emotional blackmail. It may come tot he point where we end up having to change care homes as they're not the brilliant place they once were and they seem to go further down each time we visit.

Ooohhh that's a bargain for those boots :D

I understand how difficult it is to be a carer and have a lot of admiration for you. We do the same for my mum and her ex partner (she keeps him with her but in separate rooms so that he doesn't have to go into a home).

Thanks love! :) I hope all is going well with you - your mum and her ex :) What a lovely think for her (and both of you!) to do! :) x
Just popping in to say hello! :wavey:

Congrats on the boots. :D I live in Evans boots this time of year. I'd wear them all year round if it didn't look weird. ;) But that's probably cos I live in dresses these days. Thank goodness dresses are back in fashion again - there was a really terrible time a few years back when no one wore a dress unless they were going to a wedding or a ball. I'd best get slim before they go back out of fashion again!

I never used to wear dresses, but I must admit I am tempted by more and more now as it's nice to feel cooler on those really hot days wthout having to layer up! :D

I saw some bargain boots on the Evans website the other day as well. They were £55 down to £10, with free delivery as well. I resisted though, don't really need any more boots and the bloody dog has skinted me again this month.
hi sweetheart how are you and your little doggie woggie x x

Sods law! Hopefully doggy is feeling better, poor baby! And that the lump is nothing serious! Let us know how it goes like Chezz says. (and hope those boots are still there for you!)

They always say to feed a cold etc so you probably needed it. Hope you feel better soon. Xx

Thank you lovely :) I'm feeling much better now thanks - but typically mum has it now! d'oh!

Hope you're all feeling well, sending the balsm-y tissues around for those who aren't :(

It's been really rough these past couple of days hasn't it. Must admit I'm feeling the cold more today than yesterday and it was windier yesterday! I ended up going to asda at 8pm last night (!) to do the shop as I felt like a walk in my new boots (;) ) and it was quite a good shop if I'm honest. It was still quite empty and quiet, but there was a nice level of stock around, I found what I needed and some extra bits too and I didn't feel harrassed or p'd off at being pushed from pillar to post and barged into. I was in such a good mood that - apart from three sweets from the 3 for a £1 bit at the end* - I didn't buy any rubbish snack/comfort food and actually bought things in to batch cook again. It seems to work going later for it :)

I should really do the online delivery but I hate waiting for it. It's not so bad from Sainsburys as we are generally their first order and they're with us for 8.45 for a 9am slot - but with Asda, despite living just over 5 mins away we're always the last one as they go that way to refill again and I don't like the waiting /impatient. I also like to check my own best before dates too so I know it'll last as long as it can.

(* The reason I got the 3 for £1 sweets is that we see twat on Fri. (was supposed to be Tues but she had to cancel so we moved it on, especially as mum is so full of cold and we didn't want to pass it around). 1 small bag of sweets is better than stress buying a stupid amount of big bags as has been the case before - or giving into the chip shop across from the care home. We will be good. We will be good! :) )

I much prefer going shopping late at night! Both for the lack of people and the fact that they're usually restocked/restocking so you get the new stuffs :D

Dresses all the way! You can wear them for longer (because they don't look too big as quickly) AND paired with a good pair of tights are warmer than trousers in the winter! I'm a proper convert!

hi psp
how are you love hope mum feeling a lot better hun x x x

She's not too bad at all thanks love - we're coming out the other side of it :)

Trying to prepare ourselves for going to see twat. We should be showered and dressed by now... and we're not :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's been a funny old morning, have only had 396 calories so far in both lunch and breakfast as I couldn't stomach either as expecting him to really go off on one today. Least if he does and I do anything naughty afterwards I've got at least 1300 calories to balance it out!

Hope you're all well and feeling better :)

Got to be there in 3/4's of an hour... and still neither of us is showered or dressed. It's Bradley's fault as he was on This Morning ;)

Moving now - see you on the other side loves x

Thanks love - I'm not too bad ta, hope you're ok.

Last night's dinner included pizza, doughballs and onion rings (thankfully all covered in the calories, not least because we had a walk to try and calm ourselves down after). I'm a little upset that I medicated with food again (we got there for quarter to 1. Didn't leave until around 6. *sigh*.)

But it's over now and is over for another few weeks!

I have been out for a walk for at least half an hour - usually much longer - for an entire week :) Hoping that when the totm water weight goes it will have helped a loss :)

Hope you're all okay xx

I think you're allowed to medicate with food every now and then, hon! At least you acknowledge that you're doing it, and it's only every now and then, not constantly. You're such a strong person, with everything you have on your plate - you're allowed a little self-indulgence, and if it's still contained within your calories that's a fantastic bonus! :) xx

I think you're allowed to medicate with food every now and then, hon! At least you acknowledge that you're doing it, and it's only every now and then, not constantly. You're such a strong person, with everything you have on your plate - you're allowed a little self-indulgence, and if it's still contained within your calories that's a fantastic bonus! :) xx

I agree well done xx

That food wasn't so bad, like you say you were within your calorie limit, and it's not as if you eat that sort of stuff every single day :) xx

As an emotional eater myself I know how easy it is to have something nice when you feeling low. But you did it in your cal range and thats just brilliant. You doing so well. Keep it up.
Im sorry you have so many problems with old man. Do not think it will get easier in time. There is two saying
1) no good deal will stay unpunished
2) what goes along will come along.

Not always people can see what we are doing for them and dont give us any credit for it. But there will be someone else some other time who will reach an helping hand when you will need it. Being good person as you are is not always easy. Stay strong and keep going. Hugs and smiles

Thank you lovelies :) You always know exactly what to say to make it all better :)

Having a proper sorting out day today and yesterday, listed a few more things on ebay (non clothes this time) last night and sold 5 already in less than 24 hours!

Need a new tumble dryer after it went out last week when it tripped the electrics 4 times within an hour (!) but waiting for the new year sales - not least because I want to save some money on the gas/electric over Christmas so we can have the heating on more(!) There's many ways round not having a tumble dryer - not like not having the washer - that was hell! ;)

Hope you're all well xxx

Back