140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Thanks ladies! Hehe, it's very exciting :D

Checking in with my food for the day:

B - pear and an orange
L - Quorn goujons with salad and bit of mayo
D - Hunters chicken (chicken breast wrapped in 1 rasher of bacon) with sweet potato mash and broccoli - was blummin lovely!
Snacks - 1 garlic Melba toast so I could see what they tasted like.
Exercise - Did a bit of cleaning but nothing else. Lazy day.

6lbs down for me this week. Brings total to 20lb in past five weeks. 6lbs down?? This seems like too much. I'm expecting to STS next week due to TOTM fluctuations but for now, I will definitely DEFINITELY take this loss!

So, some NSVs for me this week have been:
- Going into clothes shops and visiting the town centre without making up excuses.
- Able to stay on my feet for four hours without sitting down
- sleeping much better
- being able to understand that if I stay up until 2am and I've last ate at 6pm I'm going to feel hungry, it doesn't mean that I need to eat. Feeling hungry is normal.
- Feel like I'm winning the battle with refined sugar and have become better informed about it this week.

Hello Essie,

Just dropping by to say hello and to subscribe to your diary, I have read though some of it and it is very inspiring!

I wanted to quote this post to say your NSV's are great and your dinner of hunter's chicken sounds divine! :)

lostinarnia xx

I have 2 kids. One is 7, 8 in April. He has autism, so can be hard work at times as well as really easy at others. Just depends if he's having a meltdown about something. Reasoning will not work. He currently goes to a special needs school and the difference in him since he started in September has been amazing. My daughter is 11 months and will be 1 in March. She's pretty much easy to look after although she can now crawl and into everything. She trapped me in the toilet the other day by sitting outside the door trying to find me. Then my OH is 30 and acts worse than the other 2 put together at times, but that's pretty normal in men.

Really glad your doing so well on your diet. You really do inspire me. I'm hoping once I get rid of my sore throat I'll take note of what your doing and follow in your footsteps.

Sounds yummy - Hunters chicken is one of my favourites. Wish I'd made extra BBQ sauce when I did the pulled pork now :rolleyes:

and mine! It's my Sunday treat to myself, bbq sauce always feels so naughty even when it's not!

Hello Essie,

Just dropping by to say hello and to subscribe to your diary, I have read though some of it and it is very inspiring!

I wanted to quote this post to say your NSV's are great and your dinner of hunter's chicken sounds divine! :)

lostinarnia xx

Thanks Hun! Yep, it's all about those NSVs for me. Trying to focus on those rather than the scales although I must admit it's hard. The NSVs are sometimes so subtle you have to really search for them :)

I have 2 kids. One is 7, 8 in April. He has autism, so can be hard work at times as well as really easy at others. Just depends if he's having a meltdown about something. Reasoning will not work. He currently goes to a special needs school and the difference in him since he started in September has been amazing. My daughter is 11 months and will be 1 in March. She's pretty much easy to look after although she can now crawl and into everything. She trapped me in the toilet the other day by sitting outside the door trying to find me. Then my OH is 30 and acts worse than the other 2 put together at times, but that's pretty normal in men.

Really glad your doing so well on your diet. You really do inspire me. I'm hoping once I get rid of my sore throat I'll take note of what your doing and follow in your footsteps.

Hi Gamy! Good to see you! I'm really pleased that your son is making progress, it's amazing the effect that getting the correct environment and trained professionals can have. I've worked with children with autistic spectrum disorders so I know how tiring they can be. Hats off to you, being a parent and having a small child to take care off too must be pretty full on at times.

I shall go and check out your diary now to see what you've been up to :)

Hey Essie ,
How are you today ?
:):):)
I'm off work today and tomorrow,
Not sure if I'm going to O/H yet , he's had friends staying so he is ringing me if they go this morning,
If I'm staying home I was planning a prom walk I know it's cold but wrapped up il be fine :)

Yvonne, we could go on a walk together sometime soon, if you are up for it? Pretty sure I'd be holding you back on a prom walk at the moment but in the future I'll be quicker. Anyway, it's up to you, totally understand if you'd like to keep your online friendships strictly online hun, I wouldn't be offended.

---------

Found out one of my daughters will be home for a month from the end of March. She goes on a three month teaching placement at the end of April so they get a month off because it goes into what should be her summer holiday. I'm really happy about this because she is quite into fitness and healthy eating so fingers crossed I can join in with her more than I have done in the past. And obviously it will be nice to have the house a bit more noisy again, she is fun to be around.

I'm on track with my eating, and I feel good. I have to hold onto this fact because I know this week I am due to maintain or put on. It's at times like this that all my chat about NSVs being the most important will be tested! In fact, I might have to crack open 'Eating Less' for some positive reinforcement before it happens!

Hope everyone is well!

Why do you say that hun? You never know, you've been so good you might be in for a big loss! :D

And great news about your daughter :)

When I lost 8.5 stone I noticed a really strong pattern to my weight loss, very much tied to my hormones. I started dieting this time during that difficult-to-lose-period and sure enough the weight came off slower than I expected. It then fell off for the next couple. You're right though, My body might behave differently this time, but I'm not holding my breath! I'm thinking positive though, I know I'm going in the right direction so it could happen, if not this week then in the next couple.

Food diary for the day:

B - Scrambled eggs 1 slice rye toast, grilled tomato and mushrooms
L - Chicken salad wholemeal wrap, orange
D - Salmon fillet with quinoa. Grapes
S - Melba toast with humus x 2

I've felt ravenous today so I've eaten plenty of complex carbs to try to fill me up. Emotionally feeling a bit glum, but I'm sure my mood will pick up in the next few days. Very pleased there has been no binging to combat anxiety. Dodging bullets over here!

Yvonne, we could go on a walk together sometime soon, if you are up for it? Pretty sure I'd be holding you back on a prom walk at the moment but in the future I'll be quicker. Anyway, it's up to you, totally understand if you'd like to keep your online friendships strictly online hun, I wouldn't be offended. --------- Found out one of my daughters will be home for a month from the end of March. She goes on a three month teaching placement at the end of April so they get a month off because it goes into what should be her summer holiday. I'm really happy about this because she is quite into fitness and healthy eating so fingers crossed I can join in with her more than I have done in the past. And obviously it will be nice to have the house a bit more noisy again, she is fun to be around. I'm on track with my eating, and I feel good. I have to hold onto this fact because I know this week I am due to maintain or put on. It's at times like this that all my chat about NSVs being the most important will be tested! In fact, I might have to crack open 'Eating Less' for some positive reinforcement before it happens! Hope everyone is well!

A prom walk sound good Essie :)

Yes hun remenber the NSV and how far you have come, I know it's easier said than done , I've failed miserably in the past ,

All good over here, thanks Hun. Are you doing? Still on a mission? I'm plodding onwards with not much to report but I'm still feeling focussed and all that good stuff. Got my daughter here for the weekend although she will probably be out visiting her mates for the majority of the time. Nice to have her home, even if she is expecting me to help her with a presentation lol

Food:
B- Oatmeal and grapes
L - Mushroom omelette, and beetroot salad. kiwi fruit
D - Chicken breast, half jacket potato, beans and salad.
Snack - cashew nuts (100cals)

All good over here, thanks Hun. Are you doing? Still on a mission? I'm plodding onwards with not much to report but I'm still feeling focussed and all that good stuff. Got my daughter here for the weekend although she will probably be out visiting her mates for the majority of the time. Nice to have her home, even if she is expecting me to help her with a presentation lol Food: B- Oatmeal and grapes L - Mushroom omelette, and beetroot salad. kiwi fruit D - Chicken breast, half jacket potato, beans and salad. Snack - cashew nuts (100cals)

Enjoy the time with your daughter ,
I'm at OH while I'm off work , been given strict instructions to rest ,
So I'm mooching round minis then going to read for a while ,
Xxx

You look after yourself, Yvonne. Better still get your OH to look after you! I'm guessing the GP wont know if there is an issue until bloods come back? Hope you're feeling a bit better

Had a great day with my daughter. Spent a long time helping her with some coursework and then went out for a walk. It was really lovely being able to do the mum role. Feel really tired this evening, TOTM is taking its toll a bit, (sorry for TMI). Weigh-in in the morning to see what my feb total is, that will be interesting!
Anyway, hope all ok!

B - Scramble egg and wholemeal toast.
L - Quorn salad sandwich, Apple and cashews
D - Low fat fish pie, sweetcorn, peas and carrots.

You look after yourself, Yvonne. Better still get your OH to look after you! I'm guessing the GP wont know if there is an issue until bloods come back? Hope you're feeling a bit better

I'm under strict instructions to rest ,
Yea gotta wait for results. Hopefully there all clear ,
Still feel tired and quite achy today , hope tomorrow it's a bit better

Back