15 stone to 14 stone support

Thursday is always a really bad day of the week here, as it's shopping day and I run out of literally everything. So I had no fruit this morning -- the last two oranges went with the kids to school -- and was so not having any veg with breakfast. I had planned to pick up a banana and an alpen light bar while out, but it didn't happen. So no breakfast. When I got home though, I had a small can of tuna, along with a banana and a sausage sandwich. 6 syns for the sausages, 2 for the flora light, and 1 for the ketchup. So 9 syns for a sandwich. Wasn't planning to have that many syns on a silly sandwich, but by the time I got home and had a chance to eat it was after 2pm and I was starving and just wanted something quick!

Hope everyone is doing well today
I am swapping to red or green days to see if that makes a difference to the weight loss
Woke up aching this morning as I did 30 mins on the cross trainer non stop last night which felt really good!
Didn't really want to eat this morning felt a bit queasy as had a meeting with HR planned but managed to get a banana and coffee with my multi vitamins and evening primrose oil!
Another banana pre meeting
When I got back i had some seabass fillets fried in tsp of olive oil and later a fibre plus bar
Made a chicken casserole for tea so going to have veg with it and not touch the mashed spuds that I will make for family
Then that's me done with first red day in a long time!

Well done and hope your meeting went ok. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday as I am off sick and it went fine but if I'm off another month then I will have to meet with HR - it's forcing me to go back sooner than I feel ready but can't bear the hassle. However on a plus the stress seems to be curbing my appetite!
Hope everyone is having a good day xxxx

Thursday is always a really bad day of the week here, as it's shopping day and I run out of literally everything. So I had no fruit this morning -- the last two oranges went with the kids to school -- and was so not having any veg with breakfast. I had planned to pick up a banana and an alpen light bar while out, but it didn't happen. So no breakfast. When I got home though, I had a small can of tuna, along with a banana and a sausage sandwich. 6 syns for the sausages, 2 for the flora light, and 1 for the ketchup. So 9 syns for a sandwich. Wasn't planning to have that many syns on a silly sandwich, but by the time I got home and had a chance to eat it was after 2pm and I was starving and just wanted something quick!

Well done Mands for counting those syns.....I haven't been eating much bread until today when I couldn't resist 2 White bread rolls but figure that they won't do much damage as I have been low on the syns this week and it was sooooo good lol

xMandyDx said:

Well done Mandy sticking to plan

dextersmum said:
Well done and hope your meeting went ok. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday as I am off sick and it went fine but if I'm off another month then I will have to meet with HR - it's forcing me to go back sooner than I feel ready but can't bear the hassle. However on a plus the stress seems to be curbing my appetite!
Hope everyone is having a good day xxxx

Yes meeting with hr was ok , not great but quick as I didn't really want to talk informally
I have to go back to work next week have been off with stress cos of my boss being a liar! Long story
Have enjoyed being off and being able to cook and go to gym for 2 weeks

I know what you mean about stress curbing appetite though I knew I was doing better when I felt like eating !

Not nice though, stay off as long as you can

I have written my grievance so once I hand that in next week I will be unpopular!

Quick question girlies...

I started the depo in August. I was on the depo before and the way it always worked was every 12 weeks to the very day. So this time round the doctor tells me it's every 3 months to the date. Thought it was a bit odd, since some months have five weeks, but...he's the doctor, right? He must know!
Anyway, first three months I was fine, then had my second shot and about a week later I started to bleed. I've been bleeding on and off ever since, and when I went back to speak to the lady doctor in the same office, she told me it actually is supposed to be every 12 weeks to the day, so I'm due my next injection in Feb. This has caused real upset, to be honest. I feel so dirty all the time, and it's absolutely disgusting!

Today I brought my 2 year old to the doctor. I requested the lady doctor and was assured I would be booked in with her. But when I got there, the other guy came in for me. Ugh. So I brought her in, and told him her symptoms. She's been very lethargic, cranky, temperature, cough, extremely hoarse... he tells me she has a cold. I don't really agree with him, so I take her to the emergency doctor on call tonight, to be told she has a throat infection and she was given anti-biotics.

I gave out stink about the doctor on Facebook and a friend of mine asked "oh was that 'so-n-so' from 'XYZ's' office?" So I said yes, it was him. Someone came on after that and accused me of slander and libel because I named him.

In all fairness...is it slander to tell the truth?
I really feel like taking legal action against this doctor!!!

Okay...that wasn't such a quick question lol

xMandyDx said:

I started the depo in August. I was on the depo before and the way it always worked was every 12 weeks to the very day. So this time round the doctor tells me it's every 3 months to the date. Thought it was a bit odd, since some months have five weeks, but...he's the doctor, right? He must know!
Anyway, first three months I was fine, then had my second shot and about a week later I started to bleed. I've been bleeding on and off ever since, and when I went back to speak to the lady doctor in the same office, she told me it actually is supposed to be every 12 weeks to the day, so I'm due my next injection in Feb. This has caused real upset, to be honest. I feel so dirty all the time, and it's absolutely disgusting!

Today I brought my 2 year old to the doctor. I requested the lady doctor and was assured I would be booked in with her. But when I got there, the other guy came in for me. Ugh. So I brought her in, and told him her symptoms. She's been very lethargic, cranky, temperature, cough, extremely hoarse... he tells me she has a cold. I don't really agree with him, so I take her to the emergency doctor on call tonight, to be told she has a throat infection and she was given anti-biotics.

I gave out stink about the doctor on Facebook and a friend of mine asked "oh was that 'so-n-so' from 'XYZ's' office?" So I said yes, it was him. Someone came on after that and accused me of slander and libel because I named him.

How horrible for u and I hate it when you get a dr you don't trust

I guess we are living in an environment where you cannot write anything about someone for fear of libel
I would ignore for now and hope it goes away but you are telling the truth if it's factual it's when there are general remarks about a person

Not much help sorry maybe someone with more legal advice can help

You can always remove your comment from FB if you are a little concerned.

I always think doctors I like any other profession. Where I work there are good electricians and no-so-good ones. I guess it must be the same with doctors!

I have a depo and mine is every 12 weeks too. When I have the injection he counts 12 weeks on the calender then gives me an appointment for the next one.

Many years ago I changed my doctor, very long and boring story - but short version is my doctor didn't pick up that my kidneys had packed up - I went to see another one and he told me to lie down and called an ambulance. I was very close to stroke or even worse. After that I went back to the surgery and simply said that I did not want to see the original doctor any more and I wasn't satisfied. I didn't go into great detail - but they accepted my statement and I still today have not gone back to see the original one. You do have a right to change x

Hope all goes well hun x

Yes meeting with hr was ok , not great but quick as I didn't really want to talk informally
I have to go back to work next week have been off with stress cos of my boss being a liar! Long story
Have enjoyed being off and being able to cook and go to gym for 2 weeks

I know what you mean about stress curbing appetite though I knew I was doing better when I felt like eating !

Not nice though, stay off as long as you can

I have written my grievance so once I hand that in next week I will be unpopular!

I really feel for you xxxx
I too am off with work related stress (which escalated to depression), along with insomnia and hypothyroidism. I am dreading going back but have worked there 23 years (bank) and it's kind of all I know!! My boss is awful - just a bully really and I don't trust him but then I know he's under a lot of pressure.

Am concentrating on trying to keep to SW plan with lots of fruit and walking every day which does help lift my mood.

Is great to e able to support each other xxxx

Sorry to hear about your work stresses ladies. Hope you all are feeling brighter soon. I have had 3 bouts of depression in my life - two post-natal depression and one which was a recurrence of PND when my LO was 18 months. Had to go off work with that...6 months before I got back onto my normal hours. I was very open about it at work but as is always the way...some people are great, supportive, tell you about their own experience of depression, others were judgemental or just didn't 'get it'. We should all be able to talk openly about our mental health just as we do our physical health. I got so sick of the 'just snap out of it' attitude.....if you could do that, why would you not have done it already!!!:mad::mad:

Anyway, rant over! I STS this week so still on 15 stone bang on. Hoping to break though that little barrier soon!

Pearlsgirl said:
Sorry to hear about your work stresses ladies. Hope you all are feeling brighter soon. I have had 3 bouts of depression in my life - two post-natal depression and one which was a recurrence of PND when my LO was 18 months. Had to go off work with that...6 months before I got back onto my normal hours. I was very open about it at work but as is always the way...some people are great, supportive, tell you about their own experience of depression, others were judgemental or just didn't 'get it'. We should all be able to talk openly about our mental health just as we do our physical health. I got so sick of the 'just snap out of it' attitude.....if you could do that, why would you not have done it already!!!:mad::mad:

Anyway, rant over! I STS this week so still on 15 stone bang on. Hoping to break though that little barrier soon!

Thanks pearls girl it's not easy is it
I know getting exercise works for me to perk me up and looking for another job at moment so doing a few positive things
Every little helps!

dextersmum said:
I really feel for you xxxx
I too am off with work related stress (which escalated to depression), along with insomnia and hypothyroidism. I am dreading going back but have worked there 23 years (bank) and it's kind of all I know!! My boss is awful - just a bully really and I don't trust him but then I know he's under a lot of pressure.

Am concentrating on trying to keep to SW plan with lots of fruit and walking every day which does help lift my mood.

Is great to e able to support each other xxxx

I know the type of boss you mean
Good that we can support each other here so we stick to plan and don't emotionally eat
Sm

Thanks for your support - this is such a lovely group perhaps you,re not allowed to break that 15 stone barrier until we all do it together!
Went for a lovely walk on the beach today with Coco.......until I slipped in the river edge into stinking mud - how embarrassing!! Covered in mud and stunk my car out - luckily no one around apart from dog who thought it was hilarious!! Nothing hurt apart from my pride xxxxxx

Oh dear Sharon... Sorry but I did chuckle reading that. I can imagine you trudging along like some sort of swamp monster back to the car hahaha. To be honest, I would have stripped down to a tee-shirt and undies real quick, thrown the stinky clothes in the boot and legged it back into the car haha
I have a real thing about dirt and mud. *shudders*

Smelt sooooo bad Mands!!! Couldn't strip off quick enough when I got home - just glad no one else was home!! Hope you are having a good week......... Friday is my naughty day (wine and munchies!) oops .....weigh in Sunday and hoping for 2 lb loss xxxxxx

I've been 100% all week. Today I went with my best mate for a looksee at her last scan before her baby gets here. She's 36 weeks and the babs is already 7lb 8oz!
Was an early start so I brought breakfast with me, rather than skip or snack on bad stuff. I brought an Alpen Light bar and a banana. Then we went for lunch and I was really good again, having an omlette, with cous-cous salad and spinach salad... so two types of salad for the girl who previously hated it! We did a bit of window shopping then for a couple of hours.
Then I came home and OH had the dinner on... roast chicken, roast potatoes, mash and veg. Mmmm.

So far today I've used 11 syns. Think I might go 1.5 syns over and have another Alpen light bar and an Options hot choc. 1.5 syns won't matter really, will it? Since I haven't used all my syns on any day.

I would really enjoy a wine and munchie night, but nope, I'm sticking to it this week and going to see if I have the loss I was hoping for last week!
Enjoy yours though!

Well done Mands...... I weigh on Sunday and have saved syns for tonight so hope I still manage at least 2lbs off. Friday night is usually take away night here but tesco had a deal on some Chinese ready meals ad I shared these whith some boiled brown rice - was good but not as yummy as the real thing but worth it to be healthier.
Hope everyone as a good weekend.......wine should help me sleep - I hope xxxxxxx

I've just weighed in at home, and have managed to lose 4lbs this week (first week back on diet after a lapse since mid November), best of all I have slipped out of 16stobe bracket into 15's, at 15.13 so I'll have to be good next week to keep in here and continue to lose and eventually grasp that next bracket. Am feeling so happy to be here.

Welcome in spangle, and well done on getting into the 15s!

Did you sleep well Sharon? I had an absolutely epic sleep last night. 12 hours of pure snooziness. Was up most of Thursday night with the baby -- she was very restless and not the best patient lol -- and spent most of yesterday yawning. So I went to bed at 9pm last night. Woke up a couple of times to have a wee -- damn SW for the increased wee! lol -- but other than that, I slept like the dead. Baby also had a great sleep. She went from 7.15pm til 8am. My daughter got her up this morning and gave her a bowl of cereal and a bottle of milk. So when I got up at 8.45, there was nothing for me to do but sit down and now my daughter's just made me a cup of tea. I knew if I just refrained from murdering her until she was a bit older she'd be worth it hahaha but there were sticky moments, especially when she went missing, and it turned out she'd sneaked off to go swimming! She was 8!

spangle_2 said:
I've just weighed in at home, and have managed to lose 4lbs this week (first week back on diet after a lapse since mid November), best of all I have slipped out of 16stobe bracket into 15's, at 15.13 so I'll have to be good next week to keep in here and continue to lose and eventually grasp that next bracket. Am feeling so happy to be here.

Hi spangle welcome and well done so far!

Back