15 stone to 14 stone support

xMandyDx said:
Welcome in spangle, and well done on getting into the 15s!

Did you sleep well Sharon? I had an absolutely epic sleep last night. 12 hours of pure snooziness. Was up most of Thursday night with the baby -- she was very restless and not the best patient lol -- and spent most of yesterday yawning. So I went to bed at 9pm last night. Woke up a couple of times to have a wee -- damn SW for the increased wee! lol -- but other than that, I slept like the dead. Baby also had a great sleep. She went from 7.15pm til 8am. My daughter got her up this morning and gave her a bowl of cereal and a bottle of milk. So when I got up at 8.45, there was nothing for me to do but sit down and now my daughter's just made me a cup of tea. I knew if I just refrained from murdering her until she was a bit older she'd be worth it hahaha but there were sticky moments, especially when she went missing, and it turned out she'd sneaked off to go swimming! She was 8!

Blimey that must have been scary- daughter gone off swimming on her own! Sort of thing I would have done at that age!

Oh it was. I had just picked up the phone to call the police, after searching everywhere myself first, when she came riding along on her bike. I just stood in the garden, and growled at her to get in. She ran away lol.
When she finally did come in I sent her to her room because I couldn't deal with her straight away -- Lord knows I'd have throttled her!
Eventually I got the story out of her. Her friend loaned her a swim suit and paid her in... and off they both went. So I wrote a list of all the things she'd done wrong and made her think up her own punishment. She grounded herself for a month.

Damn straight. There might be some crumbs on it though, since Sharon had a wine and munchy sesh last night :p

xMandyDx said:
Damn straight. There might be some crumbs on it though, since Sharon had a wine and munchy sesh last night :p

I'll take it! What's a few crumbs between friends? ;)

Very pleased to announce I list 3.5 this week, down to 15 s 11! 4lbs to go to hit my 5 stone marker.

I am well happy to join you all. Let the nattering commence! xx

5 stone! Wow! And 3.5lb is a brilliant loss... let us in on your secret? :p

Probably not the best place for this but... I'm going to natter on anyway. I feel like I've known most of you girls forever. So I know you won't mind reading my prattle.

Myself and OH have split. Quite recently. An hour ago actually lol. We've been doing nothing but sniping at each other for a while now, and he tends to go overboard on things. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I told him this morning, after being referee yet again between him and the kids. I refuse to let him roar and shout at the kids and show no respect. I asked him to leave. He then went on to accuse me of having...I kid you not... a "toy boy". HAHAHA I bloody wish.
So he left. And I'm slightly relieved. I don't for a second think I'll coast through this without any hurt, but I really do think this is for the best.

There you have it. I'm currently humming and hawing about changing my facebook relationship status... do I? Don't I? I probably will. Hmmm.

I hear that some people have been saving a seat for me in here? Is there still room for a little one? :) xx

:party0023: Yey--- Minky has arrived!!! x

xMandyDx said:
Probably not the best place for this but... I'm going to natter on anyway. I feel like I've known most of you girls forever. So I know you won't mind reading my prattle.

Myself and OH have split. Quite recently. An hour ago actually lol. We've been doing nothing but sniping at each other for a while now, and he tends to go overboard on things. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I told him this morning, after being referee yet again between him and the kids. I refuse to let him roar and shout at the kids and show no respect. I asked him to leave. He then went on to accuse me of having...I kid you not... a "toy boy". HAHAHA I bloody wish.
So he left. And I'm slightly relieved. I don't for a second think I'll coast through this without any hurt, but I really do think this is for the best.

There you have it. I'm currently humming and hawing about changing my facebook relationship status... do I? Don't I? I probably will. Hmmm.

Oh Mandy how horrible for you and the kids
Stay strong and come on here for additional moral support
Sm

Gosh the facebook relationship debate... a tricky one and removal of friends can also cause dilemmas. think well Mandy and go with your instincts x

I split with my OH of 13years and you go through a stange period of ups and downs and was not an easy time. But I had friends and family around me that made it so much easier.
I have met new guy now and getting married soon - somehow the world has a way of working out for the best! x

PS
-0.5 for me this week. Very happy as it was an odd week of working out my notice and interviews for new jobs that mostly included 'a chat over lunch'.

xMandyDx said:

Having read, re read and a third time over read I think if it's a definite no chance of sorting it out then do it. And do it now. As you said yourself 'I don't for a second think I'll coast through this without any hurt' then you should probably change it while it's still fresh. People will do the comments thing and there may be some cr@p from people as always comes with things like this so rather than have any more upset say, 3 weeks down the line if you done it then, it will drag it all back up and could bring a huge lot of upset for you.

If you're feeling strong about the break up now then Facebook will be easier to deal with. But if you think that things could be resolved in the near future, don't touch it. Chin up chick and we're hear to support you if we can. Hope everything I said makes some form of sense! Xxx

It did make sense Minky! Thanks for the support girlies.

I'd love us to work things out, but to be honest, there's just so much gonig on that I feel we've no way back. I actually sat him down over the Xmas period and told him that if things don't change, we'll end up split up...and that's what happened. He's a painter/decorator, and I was the one doing the painting, he was giving me a set amount of money every week for the house, (not much) and spending the rest on himself, he watched me digging a trench in the garden around the patio the other day and never once offered to help or take over, he's constantly giving out to the kids (only the youngest is his, I had the other two with a previous partner) and I don't think it's right. He's the type of person who either sits and sulks or has a temper tantrum rather than talk things out. The only time he actually sits down to a conversation about our problems is when it's come to this stage. This is not our first split. We split two years ago for 3 months.
I just feel that he won't change. And he shouldn't have to. But neither should I. I won't walk on eggshells to avoid a tantrum. I wouldn't do that with my kids and I certainly won't do it with someone who's supposed to be my partner.

He sent me a text about an hour after he left saying he was sorry for blowing up like that...but...but...but.... I don't need someone who'll make excuses after the fact. I need someone who can deal in the moment and not blow his top. Simples :)

I've just weighed in at home, and have managed to lose 4lbs this week (first week back on diet after a lapse since mid November), best of all I have slipped out of 16stobe bracket into 15's, at 15.13 so I'll have to be good next week to keep in here and continue to lose and eventually grasp that next bracket. Am feeling so happy to be here.

Welcome spangle and well done xx

It did make sense Minky! Thanks for the support girlies.

I'd love us to work things out, but to be honest, there's just so much gonig on that I feel we've no way back. I actually sat him down over the Xmas period and told him that if things don't change, we'll end up split up...and that's what happened. He's a painter/decorator, and I was the one doing the

Mands - have only just read your post and am sending you massive love and hugs (lol deffo massive today!!)
You will get through this Hun and you deserve much better. You are a hard working, loving mother and a strong, fun person. You do not need his weaknesses making you and your children feel bad. I can sympathise........nearly left my hubby just over a year go after 20 yrs marriage. We were going through an awful time and I became ill - he didn't understand and he was very controlling ( which he has always been). I have been lucky and he has definetly changed - not perfect but who is lol.!!
If he hadn't changed his ways and iknow it hasn't been easy for him I know that I would have managed - we are stronger than we realise.

Remember we are always here for you xxxxxx

On a positive I slept until 5am when the SW wee kicked in!!!

On a negative.......munchies were bad so do not recommend Friday night wine!!

I wouldn't mind a bit of Saturday night wine, but I'm not going to let this derail me at all!

Damn those SW wees! haha. On another note, I think I'm coming down with the same sickness my baby girl has. My nose has been tingly and my throat all tickly today... hope not! I never seem to lose anything when I'm sick.

Don't be too hard on yourself Mands.......you have enough crap to deal with. Just take it easy and look after yourself xxxxx
Dieting is hard enough without life's stresses. Try not to think too much about the scales and concentrate on eating healthily and looking after yourself. Hark at me.......preaching to all when I need to take my own advice!! Sometimes wE should listen to ourselves when we try and support our friends. Guess it's easier to try and help others........perhaps it's being a mum and always putting others before ourselves. Time to be a bit selfish and give yourself some time and attention xxxxx

You know we're always here for each other through all the ups and downs and not just the lbs!!

I have had terrible munchies today but have tried desperately to stay within daily syn allowance (and have!) yet I am just ravenous. Bought some fruit this evening as I was babysitting and didnt want to tempt myself to gorge on sweets. Really was a challenge but now having a peppermint tea and to bed for me!!! Aaargh this is a journey of ups and downs but I am determined to get through and try to not get in my own way! Onwards and downwards ladies (&any gents lurking lol!)

And hugs mandy, didnt want to read and not comment. You are very brave and indeed have to do what is ultimately best for your kids and YOU x

Back