15 stone to 14 stone support

Yes please someone join me soon. You will be there in no time. I'm 2lb off my 2 1/2 award but probably won't get it next week. I'm usually big loss then 1lb. But as long as it's coming off. Had a few dodgy weekends but managed not to gain yet. But if I do I know I can get right back on it. Are you going to group or doing it at home?

I've been doing it for 13 weeks and have lost 2 stone 6.5lbs. The last 2 weeks have been -1.25lbs both weeks.. so seems to have slowed down .. at the moment i'm in the final stages of job negotiations and it's been a slow, painful process.. causing a little stress and that's likely having an effect.. as it's the only thing that's changed in the last couple of weeks..

I do it from home, as the idea of group is seriously my worst nightmare! :)

That's brilliant! I'm 10 weeks In at 2st 5 so we are very close. I go to group on a Wednesday and I do think it's good for me. Feel like I am accountable then. I have little will power and know if I just had to do it myself I'd go totally off track. Are you up the country??

Unfortunately, i'm my own worst critic.. I feel 100% accountable to myself, because, at the end of the day, it would be me that will benefit or feel like a failure if I don't do it. It's taken me a long time to admit how big i'd become and to recognise the patterns and behaviours that got me there.. for me, the SW plan feels like best tool for a balanced eating plan.

I love SW because it's extremely straight forward and easy to follow.. so far i've not put on or maintained any week.. and i've not cheated at all.. my biggest vice which I know will need to be addressed at some stage is portion size.. For me, groups would set me back.. they would provide an obstacle and my journey is about removing as many obstacles as possible as I'm all to aware of the way my head can work against me.. but, that's very personal.. some people truly thrive in groups.. I think weight loss is a personal journey for everyone and everyone needs to find the best way for them..

I see SW as being just one tool in my overall arsenal of weapons to attack my weight! :)

I exercise every day, for at least 30 mins and walk 10k steps every day.. At the start, I was extremely sedentary so this is a massive change for me! :) I use my Watch to keep me accountable, it's like a check list I go through every day:

1. Burn more than 500 active kcals
2. Exercise more than 30 mins
3. Walk @ least 10k steps
4. Successful day on plan - all detailed in food journal.

I like specific measurable goals. Specific daily goals lead to specific periodic goals.. so each week, I review my diary from the previous week incl all notes and look at the macro factors that may have impacted.. e.g. stress, monthlies etc.

I'm from Ireland, so not quite up the Country :)

That's really funny. I have watch too and all those goals I have too. It's great gets me up to move my ass. Saw you were in Ireland I'm here too but right down the bottom hence "up the country"

That's really funny. I have watch too and all those goals I have too. It's great gets me up to move my ass. Saw you were in Ireland I'm here too but right down the bottom hence "up the country"

Ah, i'm from "down the country" :) i'm on Ireland's bum :)

Hey - hopefully last post here at 15st last night. How do I attach my stickers to my signatures so they are normal sized? When I copy and paste them from SW site they come up massive!

Hey - hopefully last post here at 15st last night. How do I attach my stickers to my signatures so they are normal sized? When I copy and paste them from SW site they come up massive!

Congratulations on your loss! Unfortunately, I've no idea about the stickers. I think there's an options in the smilies for them, but I'm not sure.

15st 1 today - hopefully onto the next thread next Friday!
Re the stickers, if you go to the Smilies tab when updating your signature they're under 'SW awards' :)

Re the stickers, if you go to the Smilies tab when updating your signature they're under 'SW awards' :)

Well done on your loss!:0clapper:

So I lost 3lbs today, which means I'm down to 15st3. It was my first week on plan, which normally goes well. But I'm hoping the support from everyone here will really help keep me focused.

It's great to have people to talk with who understand what I'm going through. People IRL mean well, but they're not going through it and don't understand why 'just have another' is not actually all that helpful... rant over, lol

Well done on your loss. I'm in 14 to 13's but it's very quiet so I'm staying here till more of ye join me:)

Well done on your losses!! :) xxx

Another 1.5 off for me today, i'm happy with it.. as long as the numbers are going down.. Also, got my 2.5 stone award today.

I was getting myself into a bit of a negative space when I was seeing 1.25 losses the last 2 weeks, and then reducing syns too much and I think it actually was going against me.. so this week, I stopped restricting syns and went back to a daily average of 10-12 and felt more comfortable and positive.

It's so easy for me to read someone on Facebook losing 4 stone in 13 weeks, and then think i'm a failure but we are all on our own journeys. My journey was eating in a sustainable way and realising that it is completely possible to enjoy food and lose weight.. because over the last couple of years i'd see-sawed using shake diets or super restrictive diets like Dukan and then feeling depressed..

I suppose an NSV for me, has definitely been my happiness level while on my journey.. I've successfully completed 14 weeks, and lost every single week - that's never happened before for me.. :)

Another 1.5 off for me today, i'm happy with it.. as long as the numbers are going down.. Also, got my 2.5 stone award today.

I was getting myself into a bit of a negative space when I was seeing 1.25 losses the last 2 weeks, and then reducing syns too much and I think it actually was going against me.. so this week, I stopped restricting syns and went back to a daily average of 10-12 and felt more comfortable and positive.

It's so easy for me to read someone on Facebook losing 4 stone in 13 weeks, and then think i'm a failure but we are all on our own journeys. My journey was eating in a sustainable way and realising that it is completely possible to enjoy food and lose weight.. because over the last couple of years i'd see-sawed using shake diets or super restrictive diets like Dukan and then feeling depressed..

I suppose an NSV for me, has definitely been my happiness level while on my journey.. I've successfully completed 14 weeks, and lost every single week - that's never happened before for me.. :)

That's brilliant! Congratulations on 2.5 stone award. And that's a great NSV too.

I used to go to class with my mum, and I had to stop. My mum can lose weight really easily, and she was losing really big numbers, at least 2 pounds a week, but several times 4 or 5 pounds a week. Which, of course, is fantastic for her. But I normally lose between 0.5 and 1 pound a week (more often 0.5, lol). And although I'd keep telling myself that any loss is a loss, it was very difficult to motivate myself. Now, we're both still doing SW, but we don't go to the same class.

It's not good to compare yourself to anyone else. We are all individuals, and we didn't put the weight on in the same way, so why do we think it would come off in the same way...

That's brilliant! Congratulations on 2.5 stone award. And that's a great NSV too.

I used to go to class with my mum, and I had to stop. My mum can lose weight really easily, and she was losing really big numbers, at least 2 pounds a week, but several times 4 or 5 pounds a week. Which, of course, is fantastic for her. But I normally lose between 0.5 and 1 pound a week (more often 0.5, lol). And although I'd keep telling myself that any loss is a loss, it was very difficult to motivate myself. Now, we're both still doing SW, but we don't go to the same class.

It's not good to compare yourself to anyone else. We are all individuals, and we didn't put the weight on in the same way, so why do we think it would come off in the same way...

So true though! I generally feel great after a loss, but then I'll read a comment on FB from someone who's lost 4 stone 13bs in 13 weeks (as an example from a post this morning) and you can't help but think "what am I doing wrong?" - but for me, I need to keep remembering that yeah, of course I could go back to those rotten shakes and I could lose a stone in my first week, but my journey is about learning about how live healthily in a sustainable way..

So true though! I generally feel great after a loss, but then I'll read a comment on FB from someone who's lost 4 stone 13bs in 13 weeks (as an example from a post this morning) and you can't help but think "what am I doing wrong?" - but for me, I need to keep remembering that yeah, of course I could go back to those rotten shakes and I could lose a stone in my first week, but my journey is about learning about how live healthily in a sustainable way..

That's it - there's no point in losing weight if you don't change the behaviour that causes the gain (at least that's my view). I am sick of yo-yo dieting - I want a healthy eating plan that is sustainable and that I'll still be happy eating 5 years from now.

Thanks to those pointing out the Smiley Awards bit

I'm at week 14 and lost the plot entirely, self sabotaging as 1 lb off 2 stone loss and back into a size 20 so need to eat free foods till I'm full for a few days.

An expected STS this week, Easter Sunday I went nuts - it was planned, but I ate too much and it was too much so close to a weigh in to be able to see a loss.. :(

It's my first STS since I started and It really wasn't worth it.. Even knowing it was coming up I felt I wasn't as strict as I normally am, so I'm not sure if it's worth doing it again.. Some people do it every week, and still manage to lose.

I have a wedding this weekend, and i'm not planning on playing off plan.. not worth it at all.. I'm not one for to "draw a line under it" as I think it all forms part of the whole process, and the experience was a good one in that it proved to me that I just can't expect to do what I want like others can...

Hope everyone has a good week!

An expected STS this week, Easter Sunday I went nuts - it was planned, but I ate too much and it was too much so close to a weigh in to be able to see a loss.. :(

It's my first STS since I started and It really wasn't worth it.. Even knowing it was coming up I felt I wasn't as strict as I normally am, so I'm not sure if it's worth doing it again.. Some people do it every week, and still manage to lose.

I have a wedding this weekend, and i'm not planning on playing off plan.. not worth it at all.. I'm not one for to "draw a line under it" as I think it all forms part of the whole process, and the experience was a good one in that it proved to me that I just can't expect to do what I want like others can...

Hope everyone has a good week!

Don't beat yourself up about last week too much - we're all human.

I forgot to post my loss here on Saturday. I lost 2.5lbs last week, so I'm really happy. Unfortunately that means I'm nearly out of this group, which is good and bad all at the same time...

Back