15 stone + to lose before my 30th birthday!!

You will soon be dropping those stones :) You sound very determined. It's easy to avoid exercise when you are at your biggest but it always helps towards your goal and good to get it started early. I am really enjoying Zumba :) Really good fun and ladies of all shapes and sizes are there. x

I really hope so :) :) i cant wait to start going into the next stone down bracket, then the next, then the next lol :) i've been reading ur blog, you are doing so well hun! inspirational!

Zumba was one of the classes i did, its great isnt it? i was defo the biggest there but no-one cared and i still gave it my all and got stuck in...ill defo be back next week! x

mine at the moment is just walking i enjoy the walking to but i suppose i just look further a field but my dr said if you enjoy it do not knock it but did say to try swimming

Fab news on the exercise! :)

I'm just starting up a bit of walking after doing nothing for years, still so uncomfortable - but it's improving day by day - baby steps :D

thats it i agree with that total baby steps is the best way i think if you take it slow and adjust your exercise and food intake slowly and adjust your meals to healthier ones you do not get bored with it you learn to like it and if i want a treat i will have one as i think if i cheat im only cheating on myself i bought the Leslie sansone walking dvds to and the mini walks to start off with are fab

You've just reminded me, I've got Lesley's Walk Away the Pounds, great for a small space like my flat :)

I'll do it tomorrow before work! :)

well done ladies keep at it...walking is great exercise! ive not heard of that walk away the pounds thing...sounds good tho :) I really need to step up the walking, i get so out of breath walking up my road these days!
saying that i went to zumba again tonight and loved it!! its such fun and the songs are brill...u cant help but move to them lol

x

i kinda want to give myself a pat on the back today lol! yesterday and today i almost rang for a chinese take away...i literally hand the phone and menu in my hand! i had nearly an hour long internal battle with myself before deciding to be good, eat a healthy dinner and go to zumba! i am soooooooooooo glad i did! if i had ordered the take away i know full well i would be sat her now, miserable! where as im feeling great (sweaty...but great lol).
i know its not much and like i said i was debating it for an hour!!! but at least i made the right choice!!

hope u all had a good day? x

WELL BLOODY DONE!! it's so easy to just order it and regret it afterwards.

Do you plan your meals each week? I find if I know what I'm making each night and get the meat out the freezer or whatever, it stops me from ordering in.

Also, have you got a slow cooker? You could put it on in the morning and have tea ready when you get home xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WELL BLOODY DONE!! it's so easy to just order it and regret it afterwards.

Do you plan your meals each week? I find if I know what I'm making each night and get the meat out the freezer or whatever, it stops me from ordering in.

Also, have you got a slow cooker? You could put it on in the morning and have tea ready when you get home xxx

Thanks hun :)

Yeah i try to plan my meals for the week! Really good idea about the slow cooker. I have one somewhere, ill root it out! I think that's my problem, if I come home starving I go for a take away menu instead of making my dinner! Where as like you say with a slow cooker it's all ready and waiting :)

I'm glad your feeling more positive hun! It's nice to see you back :) xx

I can search out some of my super quick recipes for times like that. Then if you have the ingredients to hand for a 5-10 minute meal it'll stop the want for takeaway. Quicker than a takeaway too! Xx

tortellini takes 3 mins to cook, and you can add a dolmio stir in sauce, or make your own to keep in the fridge. onions, garlic, herbs and tom passata. thats a super quick meal.

also things like stir fry pork, turkey, beef. buy the strips and cook with thinly sliced carrot, an onion, mange tout and some stir fry sauce from a packet, with some noodles that takes 5 mins to boil. whole thing takes about 5 mins.

or use the meat strips to make a quick curry if you use sauce jars, rice only take 8 mins to boil and drain in and leave it to steam in a covered pan off the heat for 2 mins so its not gooey.
or... cook the meat and serve in pittas with salad, or wraps, or with a microwaved jacket spud.

my favourite biryani takes about 15 minutes to cook and is super filling and hardly any fat. Chicken biryani recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

hope this helps xx

toxic girl some good menus there i keep saying im going to put som off mine on here but never get round to it

Trim you are brilliant! Well done for saying no to the takeaway, hun!

I agree re the slow cooker, it really is fab to walk into the house and smell something yummy all ready to be served :)

tortellini takes 3 mins to cook, and you can add a dolmio stir in sauce, or make your own to keep in the fridge. onions, garlic, herbs and tom passata. thats a super quick meal.

also things like stir fry pork, turkey, beef. buy the strips and cook with thinly sliced carrot, an onion, mange tout and some stir fry sauce from a packet, with some noodles that takes 5 mins to boil. whole thing takes about 5 mins.

or use the meat strips to make a quick curry if you use sauce jars, rice only take 8 mins to boil and drain in and leave it to steam in a covered pan off the heat for 2 mins so its not gooey.
or... cook the meat and serve in pittas with salad, or wraps, or with a microwaved jacket spud.

my favourite biryani takes about 15 minutes to cook and is super filling and hardly any fat. Chicken biryani recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

hope this helps xx

Thanks hun! These are lovely ideas! I've added nearly all of that to my shopping list for next week! I think I get stuck in a rut eating the same things...but those ideas sound delish :) x

Trim you are brilliant! Well done for saying no to the takeaway, hun!

I agree re the slow cooker, it really is fab to walk into the house and smell something yummy all ready to be served :)

Aww thanks hun! It took some will power lol :)
Loving the slow cooker suggestion, I have one but never use it! I will be doing now tho!

How are you getting on hun? All good I hope :) x

Aww thanks hun! It took some will power lol :)
Loving the slow cooker suggestion, I have one but never use it! I will be doing now tho!

How are you getting on hun? All good I hope :) x

If you are gonna use it you defo gotta try out the chorizo and bean stew recipe. It should be on my recipe page in my sig. I'm so forgetful, if I put them All there I can find them again :)
It's absolutely chock full of flavour. Chorizo is a bit of an indulgence but lidl do a big one for £2.50 or something and it'll keep forever in your fridge. Then you can use half for 2 days worth of stew and the rest to have with pasta or on salad. I fry it in a frying pan with no oil or anything, it releases its own oil so you can drain it off to serve or use it for the meal.
It also goes really well in jambalaya which I'm going to make this week. Yummy it's 04:16am and I'm now sleepless and starving!! X

If you are gonna use it you defo gotta try out the chorizo and bean stew recipe. It should be on my recipe page in my sig. I'm so forgetful, if I put them All there I can find them again :)
It's absolutely chock full of flavour. Chorizo is a bit of an indulgence but lidl do a big one for £2.50 or something and it'll keep forever in your fridge. Then you can use half for 2 days worth of stew and the rest to have with pasta or on salad. I fry it in a frying pan with no oil or anything, it releases its own oil so you can drain it off to serve or use it for the meal.
It also goes really well in jambalaya which I'm going to make this week. Yummy it's 04:16am and I'm now sleepless and starving!! X

That sounds amazing. I've used chorizo before but in full on fatty bum bum pasta bakes lol! Ill defo give the stew a try. Funnily enough I had a chorizo and bean stew only the other day at my aunties house. And it was lovely!!

Wow hun, what you doing up at that time?? Just seen on mfp that you have had a good WI!! Well fine chick!

X

ohh i must look into this i love my aldi and lidil xxxx

I've used chorizo before but in full on fatty bum bum pasta bakes lol!

LOL great expression - went searching for your chorizo and bean stew, Toxicgirl, but I can't find it - I'd be ever so grateful if you could post it again, it sounds lush!:)

And well done on your fabulous loss so far! :)

for the slow cooker i cook i just whack in all the ingredients and leave it cook but for doing it in pan i cook off all the veg first then add the chorizo and beans and liquid.

recipe from the telly:

2 cloves garlic
2 carrots (1 per person)
2 sticks of celery (1 per person)
2 onions
passata or tinned toms
chorizo
pinch of chilli flakes
1 strip of orange peel
0.5 tsp oregano
1 tin of cannellini beans
1 tbsp oil or some fry light
water
salt and pepper

chop garlic, onions, celery and carrots, cook in olive oil with lid on for 5 mins. add the chorizo and the beans and stir then add the chilli flakes , the passata and enough water to cover the veg and chorizo etc. throw in the orange peel (thumb sized piece) (eat the orange for healthiess :)), add a pinch of s and p and cook with lid on for at least an hour.

or throw it all in the slow cooker and leave it on low and cook for at least 4 hours.

for extra indulgence serve with cheesy garlic bread - or water for the diet aware :D

im in bed poorly, so if ive missed something out or it doesnt make sense im sorry ! xx

Back