15 stone + to lose before my 30th birthday!!

Good for you!

I think the right way to deal with people who go on and on and try and get you to eat when you have made it clear you don't want to is a very blunt statement.... and this will get easier with practice! Something along the lines of ' As you can no doubt see, i am dangerously overweight. I am going to change this once and for all so please do not try and insist that i eat something I don't want to. '

I'd be very supportive of a friend of mine in your situation... with suggestions for meals/ daily checking in etc. I think it may be nice if your friends could do likewise

hi everyone,

hope you are having a good weekend!
I'm thrilled...weighed myself this morning and ive lost 8lbs in just over a week!!!!! YIPPIE!! :) xx

Wow that's amazing :) the first weeks are always the biggest but it's defo a good thing to spur you on!

Keep drinking water and keep going coz if you are anything like me you'll crave losses and love getting on the scales!!

So pleased for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey, i just realised you are starting at the same weight as me near enough. i hadnt seen before coz i was on my phone. its good to know someone else is doing from such a (big) weight. no offfence xx

also, update your stats on here too, it'll show your bmi loss and stuff. and if you have a ticker, update that. i like to look at mine every now and again to remind me how well im doing :) xxx

You will get there. I have 6 stone to lose (well, 4 and a bit as I've lost some now!) and although I am the slowest loser in my slimming world group (except for the older ladies who have an excuse - slow metabolism!) I am still losing every week...and it soon adds up. I am quick to write off a 1/2lb loss here or there but looking back, I've lost 7% of my body weight in 2 months!! I still eat big meals and I enjoy what I eat - you can do this too :) Put all of your energy into it, and soon you'll be noticing the pounds drop off. i have set smaller targets (and rewards!) to motivate myself...when I lost a stone, i bought myself a new coat which i needed. Set little targets and rewards so you don't feel like you are getting nowhere - I have lost 16lb and I don't look/feel any different, but I don't wear jeans/trousers (only lycra leggings, and lycra dresses - no one stocks clothes for hourglass ladies anymore! so stretchy fabric it is) so I can't even see the loss in my clothes yet. Everyone says you really start feeling and seeing it after 2 stone...which will be super quick for you :)

Well done to you . That's a good loss and you can do similar next week. What calorie intake did you decide on in the end ? Keep it at the same level this week as its obviously right for now

Thank you everyone!! i am sooooo pleased!

Greta... i decided to take your advice and ive been having 1800cals a day. i'm going to start going to the gym this week too, so that can only help :) Thanks!!

Mandle...well done on your loss so far...thats great!!! thanks for your kind words too :)

Thanks again everyone, i know its daft but ive been smiling ever since i got off the scales lol! Heres to more losses for us all :) xx

hey, i just realised you are starting at the same weight as me near enough. i hadnt seen before coz i was on my phone. its good to know someone else is doing from such a (big) weight. no offfence xx

also, update your stats on here too, it'll show your bmi loss and stuff. and if you have a ticker, update that. i like to look at mine every now and again to remind me how well im doing :) xxx

Lol no offence at all! i totally know what you mean, its nice to know there is someone else out there in the same boat! how you getting on hun? I'll defo upload a ticker on here, i like to see my losses too :) xx

I'm getting on ok :) slowly but surely coming off. Slower than I thought but I'm not exercising so I'm ok with it. I'm having 1500 cals or there Abouts and it suits me fine. I'm used to eating less and not snacking!

Glad to have completed nearly all my original mini goals and looking forward to completing the rest in the next 6 months :)

I am going to diet as much as I can without exercise and when I stop losing I will start the activity. I just feel too heavy at the mo and I hate hate hate sweating :( I have a weird OCD thing about it. I wish I could change it but I can't :(

Well done you though for starting at a gym. I wish I could but sweating and confidence issues hold me back.

Xx

Don't stress too much about the gym - although it's a good habit to get into ! It won't speed up losses just yet - although it's not going to slow them down. The crucial thing is to get the eating / diet in place. So , logging down everything you eat - even a slice of cucumber - the times you eat, that sort of thing. I think you'll see good losses on 1800/2000 calories a day for the next couple of months at least . Consider revising when you go below 25 stone. Maybe by a 100 or so .

Your mindset is very important too. You have to believe you can do this. And let's face it , whether you believe you can or you believe you can't ... You're right ! This time next Christmas youll be in the teens you know ... It can and will happen! Just stay vigilant , don't go ' off plan ' and keep focussed. By writing stuff down you remain accountable and can't lie to yourself ( all dieters are prone to this! )

How are you tackling Christmas ? Going to stick to your calories ? You're a true inspiration if you do... And it's perfectly possibly to eat a Christmas dinner and be 'careful '

God I'm boring myself now. Thrilled for you! Same again next week?! I'm thinking you'll see your first stone by then

Toxic - missed your post there! You're right in not going to the gym - it won't make a difference just yet. I only started at about 12 stone or so- and I managed to get to 9 stone with err... Very little exercise!

However , simply moving more helps- walking, housework at a good pace etc, as fast as possible up the stairs and make many trips for yourself... This is a good starting point . Like I said , eating habits under control is the crucial thing. That is what knocks the weight off alongside a change in mentality ( that's a tough one ! )

Also I wouldn't worry about confidence in a gym. I am as sure as I can be that most people would be thinking ' bloody good on her- taking action and sorting out a weight problem ' ... Because that's what I think

And I know it must sound insane but really - that's why anyone is in a gym - to lose weight , get strong or tone up. Everyone has their issues

I really will shut up now

GretaGrip said:
Toxic - missed your post there! You're right in not going to the gym - it won't make a difference just yet. I only started at about 12 stone or so- and I managed to get to 9 stone with err... Very little exercise!

However , simply moving more helps- walking, housework at a good pace etc, as fast as possible up the stairs and make many trips for yourself... This is a good starting point . Like I said , eating habits under control is the crucial thing. That is what knocks the weight off alongside a change in mentality ( that's a tough one ! )

Definitely! I've lost my first 7.5 stone with zero exercise, the main thing is dietary control. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely applaud people who do exercise, and if I ever get two new knees and retire from work, I may well start doing some myself, lol. :) xx

hi sorry ive been quiet these past couple of days, its been a bit hectic!

How is everyone doing? I must admit i didnt go to the gym like i had planned, but i think you're right about building up to exercise, so i wont beat myself up about it.

I did go out for a meal last night and i knew i would want a pudding so i deliberately didnt have a starter (it might not sound much, but even that is an achievement for me lol)

I hope you guys are all ok!! any losses to report that i might have missed with not being on here much lately? xx

hi sorry ive been quiet these past couple of days, its been a bit hectic!

How is everyone doing? I must admit i didnt go to the gym like i had planned, but i think you're right about building up to exercise, so i wont beat myself up about it.

I did go out for a meal last night and i knew i would want a pudding so i deliberately didnt have a starter (it might not sound much, but even that is an achievement for me lol)

I hope you guys are all ok!! any losses to report that i might have missed with not being on here much lately? xx

Well done on the no starter thing. It all counts. Eventually it won't seem so hard, it'll be natural to just eat less.

I weigh tomorrow so I'll keep you posted! Xx

i lost 3.5lbs this week. new total of 45.1 :)

noticed you are from yorkshire, where abouts? my partner is from Doncaster. we met online :) although hes been living in wales for 18 months now! x

woohoo!!! well done hun! that's an amazing loss!!! so pleased for you! :)

Im from Sheffield, so Donny isnt too far from me! aw thats nice that he moved to wales :) my friends keep telling me to try the online dating thing, but im too chicken lol x

Back