16 and Shrinking Team 16

hi girls - one hot butterscotch shake and one litre down. am at work (boo) and want to be at home in bed..

had a good day yesterday. hows everyone?

Hi All,

I got weighed tonight and lost 8lbs, I'm not sure who I tell regarding the team etc or where to say. I'm a bit disheartened with the loss because i've got so much to lose and thought it would be a higher loss than that... but never mind, moan over... it's still a loss.

One thing though, I've been drinking 4ltrs of water and my cdc told me tonight that I shouldn't be drinking that much. To stick between 2-3ltrs and that's all? A bit confused on that because i've read all week the more I drink the better.... any ideas?

Tracey - 8lbs! That's brilliant. I hope you're not too disappointed, because it's a great start and if you keep it up you'll have lost your first stone within 2-3 weeks. It's amazing how quickly the losses add up.

I've just got back from my hotel stay and I'm really mad at myself because it didn't go well. I don't want to go into detail, but it was kind of a repeat of last time. Honestly - I could cry!

I've just read a post by Leeds and it sounds as though she's had a bit of a blip today too, but is managing to put it behind her. Mine's a bit worse than a blip I'm afraid, but I'm determined to get back on track, so back on the wagon tomorrow eh?

Moan over now - onwards & upwards!!! (I suppose that should be downwards if we're talking scales)

Tracey - please don't let this put you off. You're doing brilliantly & even though some people might lose more in week 1, they might not lose as much in week 2, so it will all balance out. Just think, you're more than half a stone lighter than you were this time last week!

I'm not sure about the water. I don't suppose it would do you any harm, but if you've been glugging a lot, it might have made a difference at your weigh-in.

Maybe there's a sticky about water?

Looking forward to tomorrow - just want to draw a line under the last couple of days xxxx

tracey - amazing!!!! well done. don't be disheartened as you will probably lose a lot in week 2 aswell. i lost 10lbs in my first weekbut when i originally got weighed i had eaten loads. also, since then in the last 3 weeks i have only lost 6lbs altogether. so it balances out more. just keep going and see what happens.

I did not know you should not drink too much. the day before weigh in i add another litre and drink about 3 1/2. i think anything over this makes me feel sick! post on the main forum and see what is said!

Jessie - don't worry. in the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world! i had some chips last night and carried on so don't worry! i'm just glad i don't get weighed this week. its like a weight (pardon the pun) has been lifted! its horrid being away from home in a hotel and if it was me i wuold have the night off! so don't worry.

good luck girls.

I've got a week off weigh-in this week too - phew!

It all sort of escalated after being away - got stuck in traffic on the way home, ended up at the service station, needed something to 'keep me going' etc etc. Well, I kept going all right!!!

Anyway, today is another day. Next mood swing in an hour's time .....

Good luck with today xxxx

Thanks Jessie and Leeds, I feel so much better about it today. You're right, it is a damn good start and I should be looking at how much i've lost rather than looking at how much i've got to go... i'll get there!

Don't worry about your blips....Deffo onwards and upwards Jessie ;) lol

LOL at "i kept going alright" .. awww, that turn of phrase with the sentence made me chuckle. Bless you!

I'm not good with technology either and I can't work out the quote thingy either. I tried it once, but it kinda all looked wrong... so i won't try again until I know what i'm doing hehe!

Enjoy your bonfire nights girls, be safe. xx

Hi all,

Hope it's going well for you. I'm finding it really hard going at the moment, but I think it's a combination of totm/blip & coming down with a bug. (My chest feels really sore & tight I'm trying to convince myself that the cure is NOT a packet of chocolate biscuits dunked in a mug of cocoa!)

I've promised myself a tetra hot choc later so that's something to look forward to. Is it just me, or have the last few days been screaming 'It's cold - eat sugar!!!' to anyone else?

My boys have been running around smeared in their trick or treat haul for days now (it's never ending!) Does chocolate still count if I lick it off their faces? (Just realised how this sounds - I do bathe them - it's fresh chocolate they keep getting covered in!)

Hope it's all going smoothly for you xxxx

lol Jessie, a packet of biscuits dunked in a cup of cocoa deffo won't work chick.... I'm absolutely positive, i'm sure it won't... positive... *trying to convince myself too!*
Sounds as if everything is going against you hun..

lol @ the chocolate on your boys face :D

It's deffo a cold day but luckily for me at the moment, i'm feeling pretty good. Hope the rest of the team are doing ok too..

Hi again,

You're not going to believe this, but I've just been caught out BIG time!

I made leek & potato soup for the little 'uns tea & thought I would just , ahem, 'check' to make sure the potatoes were cooked through. I got a spoonful out of the pan & put it to my mouth, but a bit of leek slipped off & burnt my face. I've now got an open burn running from my bottom lip all down my chin!!! I'm going to look especially gorgeous & scabby tomorrow ...

Lesson learned - no more cheating from now on - it's too painful! Talk about instant karma!

Hey ho ....

Glad you're feeling good Tracey & thanks for the support xxx

hi girls - my TOM is a bit late and have not really lost anything this week - thank god i am not getting weighed tomorrow!!! i usually don't lose till a day after i have started and things start moving again but i am still hoping i lose something on my own scales by tomorrow so wish me luck.

Jessie - LOL. truthfully i can confirm that a packet of biccies will help you feel loads better, but only for about 10 mins. i hate winter, when i get cold i get hungry and need to eat. had an ok week doing ss+ but will really push for a loss next week (once i have started - fingers crossed!).

tracey - glad you are feeling good. I woke up today looking forward to my hot choc and water. its worrying though that there is a post on the main forum where a regular has started maintaining and had gained half a stone in a week! how scary, whilst i do not want to come off the shakes just yet, i don't want to have them forever!

anyway, hot choc for me for brekkie, then choc bar at lunch and porrige for tea. good luck girls.

Hi you two,

Leeds - you sound really focussed! How have you found it not having a weigh-in this week? I thought it seemed like a good idea at the time (and I'm a bit relieved because I've been on the scales & have sts) but I think I might need to go back to weekly to keep my motivation going.

After my sneaky soup-stealing yesterday, I now have a huge burn running all down my chin. What a puddin' I am!!! So, feeling chubby & scabby today.

Think I'll take some time out for myself a the weekend & try to get back in the 'feel good about myself' zone. Perhaps a nice long bath & a book & some body butter ...

Hope you're doing well today & are feeling bright & breezy.

Not long now until choc tetra mocha - yum!! xxx

Jessie - Lol at you and the leek! So funny.. Can picture it. Though... it must have really hurt.
I agree with a weekly weigh in, I don't think i'm trustworthy enough to have it fortnightly! :(

Leeds - good luck with the weigh in hun... cheering you on here !! ;)
Gained half a stone in a week?!?! Ohh my god, i'd be mortified! All that hard work......... I'm going to be munching food on Christmas eve and Christmas day IF I get to under 20 stone by then :sigh: 2.5 stone to come off by Xmas though! but if I do manage to get under 20stone I will be eating xmas dinner etc and whatever really, but going to baring in my mind what the scales could gain in that week! Care needed I think!

Guys, i can't explain how much I'm looking forward to Christmas.... really am. A lot of it is to do with me and this diet, to see if I can get under 20st by then. It means so so so so much to me. :( I know it's still a big huge whopping 20st but i haven't been under there for years!

OK - I've just been giving myself a real talking to whilst I was doing the washing up and I think I need to take action. I've decided to set myself a goal of a 4lb loss for my next weigh-in (it was going to be 2lb but I'm going to try to step up my exercise/take the dog for extra walks etc.)

I figure I've got 9 days (wi a week on Monday) so hopefully it's do-able.

Anyone fancy joining me in a bit of goal setting?

I was also thinking - our team's name isn't the only think that's shrinking. I know Jimmyshoo has been poorly, but do you think I/we should try to contact Claire & Nugabug because they haven't caught on since the team thread was moved? I think we need to get our team filled so we can submit our (huge future)losses etc.

Tracey - I think the way you're going you're going to blast the 20st barrier well before Christmas. You're doing so well & I'm sure you're going to be pleased at your next weigh-in.

And yes Leeds- I think I read something about gaining whilst maintaining. Scary!!! I don't see how though, because it's still low cal etc. Maybe it's to do with water retention ( I don't want to be on shakes for ever either ....)

Anyway - I really need to get myself motivated. Hope you might join me xxx

I'm game Jessie, I deffo need to step up the exercising... my dog definitely needs to start walking me more!!

I'd love to lose 6lbs by next Tuesday and then it'll be a stone in two weeks... so maybe we could get a regime or something, and stick to it. So many exercises to complete in a day etc, just a bit of fun along the way... i dunno. Maybe i'm just thinking out loud, maybe I should stop thinking lol

Fantastic idea Tracey! I'm game.

We could start off with something not too scary & build up gradually. I'm planning on a 30 minute walk first thing with the dog ( pretty essential - she's a rescue dog & is just getting the hang of bladder control!)

I'd definitely be up for a few more exercises during the day.

What do you have in mind?

Excellent!

Well, walking for 30 mins is good so far...

How about using the bottom step of the stairs a certain amount of times as a 'step' aerobic kinda thing... i mean, everyone has a step at home so that's easily done. Say we started off just doing, 25 step ups with left leg and then 25 with right leg. It won't take long, but at least it's something else. Umm... i'm thinking....

Ha! lol!!!

Maybe if we do it one-legged we'll burn more calories ....

Just read one of your other posts Tracey - something about everyone being out having fun cos it's the weekend. You're kidding - my social life's so bad I've just been watching Midsomer Murders!!!

Anyway -love the exercise plan. How about we do your 25-each-leg step plan before each shake - then we're doing it at least 3 times a day. We could add some 'boxing' arm movements or arm raises with a couple of tins of beans (or maybe bottles of water would be better, so we don't get tempted to eat the contents!)

I think it's a good way of getting into an exercise habit. We can always build it up if it turns out we're Olympic standard steppers! Gladiators here we come .....!!!

:character00116::chores016::bliss:

Back