16 and Shrinking Team 16

Hello then,

Tracey - I'm keeping everything crossed for you tonight (especially my knees with all this bloomin' chugging!) Don't give up hope - I don't know how, but I've felt a bit upset with my own scales once, but at my wi it showed a loss, so here's hoping. If you haven't cheated, then you can't fail - it's not a matter of if it comes off - only when.

Sorry you're having a hard time Leeds. I had a banging headache at the weekend, but then I realised it was probably because I hadn't been drinking enough water (too much coffee) so a bit of glugging eased it a wee bit.

If you're really missing food, do you think ss+ might be an idea? According to other posts I've read, it doesn't really slow weight loss down too much. It's something I've thought about, but I seem to be ok on ss at the moment ( won't rule it out in future though.)

I'm a bit nervous about tonight (OH's birthday & he's getting takeaway) and tomorrow (got a meeting & was told 'we've got the cakes in for you.') Hmmm.

I'll just keep everything crossed until after Leeds's weigh-in on Sat.

Have a good day everyone & Tracey - let us know what happens tonight - good luck lovely xxx

Aww thanks Jessie hun, you're soo nice :)

You're having lost of things thrown at you hun, buffets, not your oh's takeaway tonight, cakes tomorrow..... i bet you want to scream!!!
hang on in there... xxx :( it's hard work isn't it!

Will be leaving in an hour for 'the' weighin lol... I feel slightly nervous *chuckles* i'm a daft boot lol

Will log on later and hopefully move my little ticker a bit :D

Have a good one x

I lost 3lbs :( Disappointed with that, i'm over 22st and only lose 3lbs second week?! I don't get it... I feel like i'm doing something wrong! :sigh: Nevermind.... a brand new week is here! Roll on....

Oh Tracey - I'm sorry you're disappointed. Don't let it get you down too much though - that's still 11lbs in 2wks isn't it? And if you manage another 3lbs next week, that's your first stone gone in 3wks - much faster than an 'ordinary' diet.

It might just be a case of your body adjusting - sorting out fluid levels and so on. You might lose more slowly than someone else, but then keep losing steadily on the weeks that others would stay the same, so it will all balance out. I think I'm more of a 'peaks and troughs' person and I don't think this diet is easy whichever way you go.

It's frustrating when you see posts from people who have lost LOADS in a single week - you feel happy for them, but then think 'why can't it be me?' Just keep on keeping on lovely, and make it work for you.

You might feel a bit let down, but I think a big CONGRATULATIONS is in order. I read a post a while back which asked, is it better to have cheated and have still lost, or to have a smaller loss but know you gave it everything. Right now, you know that you've done your best and you should be extremely proud of yourself. xxx

Tracey that is fabulous 11lb in two weeks. If you were doing nothing you wouldn't have lost a bean, i think you are doing terrific. My CDC told me not to exercise too much just tone on SS because of fat and muscle burn.??? You will get your 3 stone for xmas, because of your committment to it and we will help you. I really believe you can do it honey.

Thanks to all of you for being so understanding.

xxx

I feel better now girls... paddy over! Dummy is pretty much back in the pram lol

Thanks Jessie - the support of everyone here is fantastic. I really don't think I (and many others) would last without it.

Jimmyshoo - As for exercise hun, i know you're right... I'll just hopefully have a fab week anyways

How are you both doing today? How did your oh's birthday go Jessie?

Leeds -- I hope you're feeling much better now xx

tracey - WELL DONE.. i know it can be disappointing but next week you should have a great loss. I sts in week 3 then lost 3lbs in week 4 then sts in week 5 so need a loss this week. i seem to lose every other week but 3lbs is enough for me. it does get me down sometimes but don't worry.

when i sts i had a week of ss+ which was great (had spicy chicken and salad most nights) and it kinda kick started my losses again. am doing ss+ again next week as am missing food. and i agree with the others - the support on here is needed and a lot of it for me has come from this team so stay with us!

Jimmyshoo - thanks for keeping everyhting crossed! i need it and good luck with work.

Jessie - you are doing great.

I am doing ok today, had a good day yesterday, had half my porrige this morning and am drinking loads. not hungry at all but weirdly wanting to chew soemthing. big day tomorrow as am gonna try the cranberry bar!! i'll probably hate it knowing my luck!

Mornin' everyone,

Oooh a cranberry bar Leeds!!! I really like the cranberry and the peanut, but I have to ration myself - if I buy more than a couple I'd just eat them in one go.

I'm really not keen on the other bars though - bleurgh! You'd have to pay me A LOT of money to eat an orange one again (although some people love them - it's just a matter of taste.)

Off to my meeting now - will try to dodge the cakes as diplomatically as possible. I decided to do SS+ last night and had a very small portion of spicy spinach so that I could eat with my OH on his birthday. I was teetering on the brink of disaster, so thought that was better than denying myself & doing a secret midnight fridge raid!!! Feel good today, although oddly bloated....

I did a sneaky home weigh-in yesterday & the scales haven't budged BUT this morning I put on a 'work' skirt I wore last week and it is definitely a wee bit looser. So Tracey, even if you think the scales are stickier than they should be (though I think you're doing great!) you might still be losing inches.

JimmyShoo - so good to have you back - we missed you!

Have a good day xxx

Morning everyone...

Leeds - Ohh, Cranberry bar! Sounds really nice... are the instead of a shake or aswell as? Ohh and the wanting to chew something... *my hand goes up* me too lol

Jessie - well done for last night hun, that's marvellous! It must have been hard going but well done for having what you did. Good luck with work n the cakes today!! :( ooh eeer!
You're right about the clothes thingy too, because I wore a pair of jeans on Monday that I couldn't breath in before so i couldn't wear them... not only did I wear them yesterday but I kept pulling them up so I need a belt! :) That made me feel fantastic! I don't care if i'm 22st and size 16 lol it'll do me! Come on the inches!! :D

Well, i feel ok this morning, I didn't drink much yesterday so I'm glugging like a good 'un this morning. I tried soup yesterday and they were ok, but got a sickie feeling today and can still taste it ... but all good though. Feel fine ;) Hope you all have a lovely day xx

bleurghhhh- the soups are gross. and the peanut bars made me heave! got another headache today which means i have had a headache since sunday.... making me feel crap but not hungry and hope i will lose.

my lovely cdc changed my weigh in on sat from 11.30 to 9.30 so am really pleased with that. cannot cope with late weigh ins. glad its thursday tomorrow and bring on the weekend!!!

still keep having pesky thoughts about food though...

jessie - one tip - when you do eat anything drink loads the nest day and it really helps!

Hey Girls, I love the caramel bar but the peanut one i find really hard to eat i can't describe what it feels like in my mouth its almost meaty LOL. I think the caramel is like a texan bar Mmmmm. Going to order some Cranberry next week and defo more tetra's they have made my life so much easier with work. I am a rep and i'm on the road all day long. I nearly p'd myself yesterday with all the water i drank. I have uploaded all the supermarkets to my satnav today to ensure i can find a loo in a hurry. If you would have seen me dancing and driving to beyonce on the motorway it was quite a site.

Leeds are you drinking enough the headache thing is a worry honey.

Tracey Glad you feel better about your weight loss now babe

Jessie you are so good resisting all the temptation pushed your way this week honey.

Huggles XXX :)

Hi all, Shame you didn't like the bar Leeds. It must be so difficult if you're not keen on the soups or the bars or the porridge (I agree with that one - yeuchhh!)

And Jimmy - I thought the same as you for the first couple of bites of the caramel bar, but less than half way through it just tasted like chemicals & felt like my mouth was burning! Weird how we all go for completely different things. I think I like the peanut & cranberry bars because eeh by gum they give your jaw a work-out!!

Tracey - wahey!!! :D:D:D Congratulations!! Isn't it fab when clothes don't fit - in a good way? I can get my jeans fastened now (only just) but that's a huge improvement because I used to use an elastic extender thingummy!

I need to ask some advice today. I managed to refuse the cakes today & it wasn't too much of a problem. What I'm really struggling with, as I think many people do, is during the evening I'm really craving food. I'm considering giving SS+ a go to see if it will get me on more of an even keel, because at the moment I seem to be up one minute and down the next.

Do you think that would be a good idea? My gut feeling is that it would perhaps be best to try to get a balance on SS+ (which would essentially be a small piece
of fish & a couple of spoons of veg, but at least I could try different combos each day) rather than get locked into a 'good' then 'bad' cycle, feeling great, then feeling cr*p.

What do you reckon? Good idea, or am I just being a drama queen? Answers on a postcard please .....

xxx

Lol girls - from now on I think i'm going to stick to just my strawberry shakes!

Jessie - i'm sure even if you do the SS+ you'll still lose the pounds, but if ss is getting you down so badly then you need to try... what harm can it do? You can always revert back when you want to..

I know what you mean by though during the evenings. Everyday, I say "i can't do this anymore" because i always seem to be in a bad mood and thoroughly fed up... but I try and brush it past, It never goes tho. However, i've got to keep telling myself that it's all ok... i feel moody ON the diet, but if I came off i'd be even worse! So... what to do for the best? I tell you one thing tho.... when we get to where we want to be with our weight, we'll be soooo sooo happy this will all be worth it xxx trust me

Morning all,

Thanks Tracey. I don't think I can cope with many more mood swings. Yesterday I felt really really down & I've still got a touch of the blues today -not even totm & I keep filling up for no good reason!

So - I've decided to give SS+ a try. I've been reading other posts & it sounds like it might make the difference for me between sticking it out & just going on a major binge. I've never been so excited at the thought of lettuce!!!

I did laugh last night though. I decided to cheer myself up by having a tetra ice cream. I think you're supposed to take it out of the freezer an hour before you eat it, but I'd left it too late. I was there in front of the telly, desperately trying to chisel bits off this solid lump of banana ice. I felt like I was trying to carve one of those bl**dy ice sculpure swans and it took me almost an hour to eat it!! And my OH kept telling me to keep the noise down as he couldn't hear the telly over my banging and thumping!

Oh well, lesson learned!

Have a good day everyone xx

hi

feeling a bit crap tpday - no headache though. there was an article inthe daily mail which listed loads of health probs with this diet and LL. its been upsetting to read.

anyway, tried a cranberry bar and its kinda ok (ish) which means i won't be ordering it again!

I did ss+ a few weeks ago and loved it. had spicy chicken every night and it made a huge difference to my life. its brilliant but be sure to stick to what you are allowed. and i lost 3lbs that week so it does work. am doing ss+ again next week. didn't do it this week as wanted to have a week of ss as i stayed the same last week so needed a big jolt to the system.

good luck girls

Hi team....

Jessie - i'm glad you've made that decision hun, it's deffo worth a go to see if you feel better with it, and like you said, you'll be able to control everthing rather than have the binge... hope it works out for you honey. xx

Leeds - don't go worrying about what you read hun :( it isn't always the truth. Good luck with your ss+ too... ;)

:) Hope you're all well though, take it easy xx

Hi Girls,

Jessie give SS+ a go if you are struggling honey i think i would if i felt how you do. Have you tried baking with the packs yet??? It helped me lots making Crisps and muffins.

I have had people notice today i was so very pleased i haven't told anyone except my mum my boss and my DH i am doing this LOL i have a jealous friend who needs to lose herself and would totally poo poo the diet so i would rather say nothing. I have been on Anti B's for the abcess etc so they think thats why i haven't been out on the Beer with them. What a shock it will be when they see me in the middle of december at a party we have to go to. Tee Hee i am naughty aren't i ????

I am gonna try a different bar this week and i think just get tetras they are great for me on the road everyday and stay cool in my car in this bloomin weather.

Leeds glad the heads better but i wouldn't worry about the reading thingy look how many ppl have successfully completed this diet and are ok??? Maybe its my friend who wrote the article LOL
Again

By the way Leeds where abouts in Leeds are you i live near Ikea at Birstall
xxxxx

hi all

had a litre of water for brekkie (was thirsty ) and now about to have my hot choc shake. how is everyone today!

Hi everyone,

Think it might be a triple-choc day for me today. Had a choc shake for brekkie & am probably going to do the same for lunch & tea because thanks to Children in Need my sugar craving is back with a vengeance. My sons have had to take cakes in to put on a cake stall to raise funds (shop bought - I couldn't trust myself to bake) but when I walked into the school there were literally hundreds of cakes of every shape and size.

Talk about mouth-watering! I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about it. What a week this is turning out to be...

JimmyShoo - i'm going to have a go at making crisps later - could be just the thing to help me get over my nibbles.

Have a good day xxx

Back