17:30 Cravings!

sammyb333

I've got a real problem with snacking when i get home from work... I get a real craving for any sweets, chocs, crisps, savourys etc the minute i walk through the door....and I cant stop till Ive satisfied the craving! :party0051:

Can anybody suggest what I can fill the fridge/ cupboard with to take the place of the high-syn food I would normally go for??

:thankyou:

I am the same so I make sure that I get the tea on as soon as I get in from work about 6pm. That way I hold on until its ready and if I am hungry later I try to have an Alpen light or fruit etc. Hope that helps? xx

Muller light toffee or vanilla/choc yogurts! I've eaten so many in the past 4 weeks. They're quite yum though.

Mikado are only 1/2 a syn each (if you can stick to eating less - i tend to end up eating the whole box so I avoid them at all cost lol).

Have a pot of soup ready for when you get in - its when you need to think about what you are going to eat that you fall off the wagon!

ive started making sure i have sugar free jelly in the fridge.not many syns and always sorts me out.

Wow thanks for all the ideas :) I would like to start making dinner earlier, but unfortunately my other half works till quite late, and we dont eat till at least 8.30.

I really like the soup idea, as I think that would deffinately be filling, and something quick too, if its already made up in batches.

Jelly sounds good as well for the sweet tooth, but as for the Mikados, theres no way Id stop at one or two lol!!

I tried getting weghtwatchers crisps in, but unfortunately I think they taste pretty awful! :(

I have to eat around 3-4pm, something decent, even if it like a 2nd lunch, just to make sure I don't get nibbles, or eat too much at night. It has really helped take off hunger pangs which lead to quick and regretful decisions standing in the kitchen. My favourite snack is cous cous with mackerel and med veg, as it is great hot or cold, so if you're out and about, you can take it with you.

I have to eat around 3-4pm, something decent, even if it like a 2nd lunch, just to make sure I don't get nibbles, or eat too much at night. It has really helped take off hunger pangs which lead to quick and regretful decisions standing in the kitchen. My favourite snack is cous cous with mackerel and med veg, as it is great hot or cold, so if you're out and about, you can take it with you.

Cous cous is a brilliant idea, I love cous cous, could eat that all day long :) maybe with some mushrooms or roasted pepper.

Thanks aliben!

Could you make a little extra dinner each night and then have a small portion of leftovers when you get in to keep you going? That way you will feel like you have had something proper.
I too feel foul of the getting in from work snack attack and unless I have something "proper" I just seem to snack and snack on bits and pieces and never quite feel satisfied by it. On that note protein rich things tend to help; the most useful suggestions I had were boiled eggs, quorn sausages, chicken legs and cottage cheese. I now tend to have one of these waiting in the fridge for me.

Ive realised that as im doing EE now, what i would normally count as HEXB became free food... which leaves me with my HEXB to use :) so my hometime snack today was 2 chocolate weetabix with a mullerlight YUMMY! HEXB + 2 syns.... well worth it!:D

Could you make a little extra dinner each night and then have a small portion of leftovers when you get in to keep you going? That way you will feel like you have had something proper.
I too feel foul of the getting in from work snack attack and unless I have something "proper" I just seem to snack and snack on bits and pieces and never quite feel satisfied by it. On that note protein rich things tend to help; the most useful suggestions I had were boiled eggs, quorn sausages, chicken legs and cottage cheese. I now tend to have one of these waiting in the fridge for me.

I usually have leftover dinner for lunch, takes the hassle out of that :)

I know what you mean about snacking and snacking, I would pick at free stuff like ham and fruit, but that would lead to non-free stuff like raisins, and that would lead to a sweetie, then hell why not a biscuit too .... it just snowballs!

I can see you're sorted now, but it looks like you have a huge gap between lunch and evening meal. Maybe you could plan for a 4 meal day, each one smaller to make up for it? Then have a small meal either late afternoon or as soon as you get in.

Can you do that whilst doing EE? My consultant gave me the impression you need to have 3 full meals a day, 1/3 of them superfree....

Also I do have fairly big lunch, Im not sure id be able to avoid snacking afterwards if i didnt fill myself up :-S

Oh... maybe not then. But all the same it seems a little unrealistic to expect anyone to go all the way from an early lunch to a late supper. Maybe there is some flexibility if you ask your counsellor. I am not on this plan so don't know the full rules.

Back