19 stone to 18?

Jo, our leader puts our certificates on a board then a month or two later takes them off and gives us them to take home. Maybe yours does that? I'd definitely ask her though.

I had a similar issue re- start weight, I'd lost 20.5lb at WW before starting SW (so I put it in my signature :D), the only problem is having two sets of targets, etc, so when I lose another 4lb I'll have lost 5st altogether, but it's only 3.5st at SW, it can get a bit confusing, lol.

Kids often act up when they're somewhere new, give her time and I'm sure she'll settle down. What about looking for another class or is that your only option? TBH that leader sounds like a nightmare, ours might jokingly gently rib, but she never tells anyone off, not sure I'd be very happy with that either. x

Hi Guys

Many apologies I haven't been SW friendly due to illness but I am back on it this week I just haven't had a second to come on here and update things. First update I have left group, I am returning to it but atm I just can't justify spending the money on SW group as I am struggling to pay my bills and that £20 a month could be used on something else so currently doing it at home on my own and I am soooo missing the app I miss quickly looking up syn values but I have the book from group and Minimins to help me. Also due to finances I am really struggling to buy SW friendly food not including this past Friday the 3 previous Fridays my shopping list has been milk, bread, potatoes and pet food. I have been making meals out of my not SW friendly freezer running it down to restock it with SW food. I did do a good shop this last week which is why I feel like I can be on SW this week because I have the right ingredients (literally lol) to stay on track. I have however just calculated my syns for this week and I have gone over by 18 oops lol also I dared to step on the scales yesterday...wish I hadn't I am disgusted in myself I swore I would never return to the 20s but I was weighing in at 20st 4lbs yesterday...I am not taking this too seriously as I haven't eaten well last few weeks and also its star week. I just can't wait to get back on track 100% (being naughty with water and green teas) but once the weight starts dropping off I think I will become more determined its just been a while since I've seen a loss. I go on holiday to Butlins May 18th and I'm hoping by May 15th (weigh in before I go) to have lost a stone.

Jo if you're missing the app for calculating syns when out and about google them on your mobile! This is what I do as I'm doing SW from home and google is my best friend. Most of the results are in this forum so instead of having to search through all the posts google takes you right to the post/thread :)

Hi Everyone

Have been lurking for a few days and have now decided to post.

I started at SW on the 30th April. Weighed 20 stone 10lb. Lost 7.5lb the 1st week and then 5lb at WI last Thursday, so can now post here :)

Hi all,

Being in the 19 stone range, does anyone exercise? and if do what kind?

Hi Everyone

Have been lurking for a few days and have now decided to post.

I started at SW on the 30th April. Weighed 20 stone 10lb. Lost 7.5lb the 1st week and then 5lb at WI last Thursday, so can now post here :)

Wow, great losses, well done. By the looks of things it won't be long before you dash past and straight into the 18's. :)

How are you finding the plan? x

Hi all,

Being in the 19 stone range, does anyone exercise? and if do what kind?

I don't yet, I'm too chicken at the moment. I've been walking quite a bit and swimming (actually, it's more like splashing about in the pool with the kids, lol!) but that's it. I'm thinking about joining an Aquafit class when I've lost another stone or so, then maybe Pilates later.

What are you thinking of doing? x

I don't yet, I'm too chicken at the moment. I've been walking quite a bit and swimming (actually, it's more like splashing about in the pool with the kids, lol!) but that's it. I'm thinking about joining an Aquafit class when I've lost another stone or so, then maybe Pilates later. What are you thinking of doing? x

I do Zumba 3 times a week and the other days I walk. I tried boogie bounce last week but after leaving the class and reading the disclaimer you need to sign I discovered I'm over the weight limit for the class! Whoops. Great work out though and I'm waiting to hear back from the instructor whether I can still go or not.

So here I am. 19 st 2 -again. I went back and looked up when I left 19 st room and it was 30.08.2014.
Same time I got my 5,5 stone award.
Snice then I have got up to 7,5 stone awards and now Im back here. Depressing
But good thing is i know how to fix it. Just need to do it. So my first goal will be getting into 18 stone room. Nothing to lose - only weight.

Hi Destamia.........I too am back at 19st 2lb....having put 2st of the 3st I lost at the end of 2014 back on!! I am cross with myself but as you say we know how to correct it so I hope I will be seeing you soon in the 18-17 stone room :)

Last edited:
Hi Destamia.........I too am back at 19st 2lb....having put 2st of the 3st I lost at the end of 2014 back on!! I am cross with myself but as you say we know how to correct it so I hope I will be seeing you soon in the 18-17 stone room :)

Hi and thank you :)
I just come here to say that I lost 5 lbs this week and am now 18 st 11 1\2 lbs :) so Im moving to next room again.

Jadzie - fingers crossed for you. Im sure you will get those pounds off soon and move to next room also. Good luck :)

I'm 19st 3 just started. It's the biggest I've ever been. So...hi!
Hi Jadzie, welcome to the fray. I have just today moved into the 18-17's room - hope to see you there soon :)

I'm 19st 3 just started. It's the biggest I've ever been. So...hi!
I'm starting at 19st 4lbs and like you this is the biggest I have ever been. I was 10 st most of my life till I reached 35 and got married. I went up to 15st following that and stayed there till last year, although there was a short time I went up to 18st and then back down to 15st again 9 years ago. I also did the Cambridge site about 5 years ago and for a short while I got down to 12st 13lbs, but as soon as you come away from the plan it quickly piles back on again. Over the last couple of years I have tried slimming world and weight watchers and yo-yo'd up and down to my final destination of this weight. However, my health has been seriously affected by the additional weight and I have to make positive steps to reversing the effects, hence settling on slimming world, which I think I could follow for life.

Hi! I'm just on the verge of dropping into the 18's. I've been going between Slimming World and Weight Watchers for far too long, Slimming World worked for me about 10 years ago and I lost 3 stone. I moved to Ireland (where there's no SW!) and started on Weight Watchers and the weight creeped off at about 1lb a week which I was happy with as I was using Wii Fit and a balance board and I could easily check my weight and see the little graph and it was so encouraging.

I've since moved in with a new (2.5 years ago) boyfriend who's in the army and eats nothing but junk food, you'd think they'd be pretty healthy! I found my saboteur and whilst it is myself and my lack of willpower his mother isn't helping. She expects us over for sunday lunch every sunday and if we don't go over they come and get our dog and take her for a walk. They have their hearts in the right place but when I come home to find what she calls a "red cross parcel" of chocolate and crisps, it's a constant battle. So, I'm putting my food down - I'm on day three and I've been 100% and this week they're not having the dog, we're going for a lovely long walk somewhere as the other half is away on exercise with work.

Here's to onwards and downwards!

Hi all, can I join you please? Was a member of minis years ago, glad to see it back. Starting SW again at 19.1lb, still smaller than by biggest at 21.1, but considering I was 17.13 6 months ago, to be here again is depressing......

Oh well, hoping I'll be moving into the next room next week. WI is on Saturday so only a couple of days to go.

Hope everyone is having a good week xx

WI on Saturday, made it into the 18s (just) so off to find the next board. Good luck everyone! xxxx

Reactions: Say
Back