19y/omummytummy's weight loss and tummy toning journal! *pics on page 6*

If you are prone to binging or starving yourself then you shouldn't be on any diet plan, you should be discussing this with your doctor and getting to the root of why you do it and work on curing the cause. SW may not teach portion control but you do have to control WHAT you eat.

Hi Taz nice to see you here:clap: & well done for making the decision to change too!
I'm a teenager as well (17) & decided to do something about my weight as i felt the same as you - much to young to resign to being 'the chubby one'( :() any more
I'd like to recommend a book by someone called Marisa Peer called 'you can be thin'. The thing i loved about it was it helped me to understand why i binged so much and informed me about changing thinking and stuff
It really helped me so i just wanted to throw it in the mixing pot :D
Good luck & let us know how you get on
Daisy x

(ps here's the link to the site if you want it)

Yes it does. I know many people who have done SW to lose the weight while still being able to satisfy their big appetites then switching to WW to learn the portion control

The Best Curry in The Universe!!

Anyone who has ever worked hard on a diet, and I mean really hard! will know how DEVINE a slap-up meal can taste at the end of the day - Perhaps because you're so damn hungry by that point that anything could taste nice?? haha

I ate the minimum amount of food required to feed myself and my daughter today, and my reward was that dinner tasted better than you could possibly imagine!!

I made myself a massive aubergine and potato curry, and it felt like a little bit of heaven on my lips! AND I DESERVED EVERY BITEFUL haha Best feeling in the world! I can't wait to weigh myself on Saturday - I've been so good so far - have only slipped once (ice cream and baby biscuits :eek:) and I am feeling so positive and motivated! I really hope I've lost at least a few lbs this week... I'll be a bit disappointed if I haven't. Wish me luck!

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

I feel good! :D I'm even beginning to feel a bit better about my body already - even though it hasn't started to change yet, I know that it will so it's okay that it is not perfect yet. It took 9 months for me to put this weight on - Realistically I should give myself that same amount of time to get it off, right? There's no rush (as long as I fit in that dress next month!).

Wow, you certainly sound happy and positive thats great, that sort of attitude always helps during the tough task of dieting. So good for you and I hope that your motivation lasts a long time. :D

Your dinner certainly looks tasty although I am not a lover of aubergine personally, but I love potato. It looks like you really enjoyed your dinner. Its nice to see that smile on your face. ;)

Don't be too disappointed if you don't see the result you want on Saturday, you are just starting out and it does take time as you say. So no matter what keep doing what your doing and stay happy and healthy and you will definitely achieve your goals.

Good Luck. See you again soon.
xx

Astonishing! - The effects of turning veggie?

Was just looking through some old photos and found these:

Before turning vegetarian (14 years old):

beforethefat.jpg

(I’m the one at the back with my arms wide apart) What would you say? Size 8? Smaller even?? (Yes, there was such a time that I was skinny…)

About 6 months to a year into my vegetarian lifestyle (now 15):

036buffyconvention2.jpg

Size 16-18. Wow. I think I see what Mr Atkins was on about!

WOW! That was just in 6 months???!!!

You sound so positive and happy and that is really good. Even when you aren't yet seeing the changes, just the feeling of being in control and doing something positive for yourself can really lift your spirits

Well it was 6 months after turning fully vegetarian, but before that I was a pesketarian (ate fish) also for about 6 months. So the second photo was taken about a year after the first. I didn't notice at the time, but looking back on it it's amazing! Can't think of any other way that my lifestyle or diet changed, except for going vegetarian :confused:

I've never heard of Pesketarian before. I know that some people who are vegetarians eat fish but I didb't know there was a separate name for it. You learn something new every day!

Argh! I hate to sound fussy, or pedantic, but there's no such thing as a vegetarian who eats fish - Just pescetarians who don't know their real name! haha It really bugs me when people say "I'm a vegetarian, do you eat fish, too?", or when I'm out and ask for the vegetarian options, and am brought a menu full of fish-stuff and no real veggie food! (so annoying!)

Wiki's definition of vegetarian is, 'Vegetarianism is the practice of a diet that excludes all animal, including poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, and slaughter by-products'

so people who say they are vegetarians who eat fish are not really vegetarians at all! Sorry if I sound really snobby and picky - I'm not really, it's just that pest-etarians posing as veggie's are a pet hate of mine! haha

Totally valid point! You just want people to be truthful and if they eat fish they are not veggies!

Feeling a bit like poo at the minute. Not sure why - What's changed since yesterday? Not much.

Just want to eat and eat and eat.

Trying hard not to.

Anyway, today's consumption stands thus:

• Fried egg sandwich
  • Nuts, seeds and raisens
  • Chip-shop chips
  • Bread-crumb-coated, deep-fried brie with Salsa
  • Pancake-coated, deep-fried banana, sprinkled with icing sugar
  • Chocolate ice cream cone
So, not the best day. Let's see how tomorrow goes. Not giving up! Slendertone should arrive tomorrow as well.

Thats it, even though you haven't had too good a day with the few unhealthier food options today, you shouldn't give up. You have all the time in the world to change and get to a point where you feel better about yourself. So keep going you will achieve your goals in no time. ;)

Tomorrow will be a better day if you believe it. And have fun with your slendertone too. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Time Lady :)

Slendertone arrived today :D Was surprised how much like hard work it resembles! haha Really feels like it's working, though - have to fight the temptation to wear it constantly lol Apparently you need to wait 6 hours between 20 minute sessions. Shame...

I'm feeling much more positive today. Haven't eaten so far, but don't feel hungry. Am going round my brothers for a chilli in a few hours :) and will probably have a banana before that.

Today is a better day than yesterday, because I knew it would be. Oh, I tidied up as well! :D Probably why I feel so much happier. Today is better than better than yesterday; today is a good day. Go me! :bliss:

Yay, your slendertone arrived today. Glad to see that you like using it, and are going to stick to the instructions and not over do it. ;)

Nice to see that you are feeling more positive today, that will really help you with your weight-loss. :character00238: I am pleased that you are feeling better after tidying up, it always makes me feel better. :)

I'm a little worried that you hadn't eaten much today. Did you have the chilli round your friends tonight? I hope you enjoyed it and ate plenty, ;)

Take it easy and I hope that tomorrow is even better.

Love Gemma
xx

Today's consumption:

• Mozzarella and tomato panini
  • Vegetable chilli
  • Nuts, seeds and raisens
  • Packet of crisps :break_diet:
HOWEVER I have also exercised a lot today, so hoping the crisps don't count for now! haha

Really didn't feel like eating today. Feel crap about my body. But have eaten:

A vegetable lasagne with salad and a tofu curry.

Sometimes eating is just as hard as dieting! All about the will-power. I always regret eating at all as much as I regret eating too much, because the first tends to lead to the latter. If I don't eat in the first place, I could go forever without even thinking about food.

I guess this whole diet thing is just about finding your balance. Weigh in tomorrow. I have a horrible feeling that I've put on weight...

:( sorry your not feeling too good about yourself today and even though you didn't feel like eating you still had something at least, so thats a good thing, well done.

I can understand that its pretty tough for you, because you go from one end of the scale to the other with your eating habits and you are right it is all about balance. Jut remember that food is a friend if eaten healthily as much as it is an enemy if eaten unhealthily. ;) It will take you time to teach yourself that you can eat f you want and that you don't have to go overboard and make yourself feel bad. So don't worry you ill get there, try to keep your positive energy going and remember we are here for support too. I know you can achieve your goals.

About your weigh-in tomorrow, don't worry too much if you have put on weight and fingers-crossed that you haven't. You are still very much in the beginning of your new diet plan and there are bound to be ups and downs while you settle into it, so don't be too hard on yourself if the scales don't give you the result you would like tomorrow. ;) And you have only just got your slendertone so that will take a little while with that to show the results, so give yourself time hun, you will get there.

No matter thee outcome tomorrow, I hope you have a lovely day.

Love Gemma
xxx

Back