1lb a Week?

fantastic post. i was disappointed with my 1lb loss this week because i had been aiming for two and i was SO good, ha. but i hadn't envisioned how much you would lose in a year at just a lb a week. fantastic :D

abz xx

Very interesting thread and some really good points made. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Yes that is so me. Only lose a little 1/2 to a 1lb a week. Just keep my head down and plodding on. Hope to get the 3 stone off by Christmas - but maybe not. Never see the point of goals as can only do what I am doing. If that makes sense?

Just wanted to potter in the thread and show you ladies my sig :)

I keep it there to remind me when I loose 1lb in a week and I get disheartened :)

That was until I decided enough was enough, what stuck in my memory when I did go to class 3 years ago was when the consultant brought in these things which represented what various amounts of weightloss actually looked like. On that evening I remember looking at a 1lb one thinking how big it looked. I wish I had taken a photo to refer to when I started to wish for bigger losses (sometimes I did). I am grateful now when I lose anything!

/QUOTE]

HOPE MY SIGNATURE HELPS xx

I always hoped that being a bloke and having a lot to lose (6-8 stone) would mean I would lose relatively quickly, but I don't. According to an app on my phone, I lose an average of 1.17lbs a week. I'm a slow loser lol. I stick to plan 95% of the time with just one flexible syn night a week (keeps me sane).

It bugged me at first, not dropping weight quickly. For the first stone I couldn't see I had lost anything!! But now every week I notice little changes. My trousers are ridiculously loose (just a week or 2 til the next size down fit properly), my face looks different, you can actually see there is muscle on my arms!!!

So I am grateful for all these little things. The losses may be small but they are consistent and DO bring results. Any loss now is a step in the right direction, treasure every half pound loss :) and remember half a pound is equivalent to a full block of butter. Thats a lot!!

Cocktailprincess - thank you so much for posting - you have made all the difference to my motivation! I have had a week where I haven't really eaten very much and made a few wrong choices, but for once I am approaching tomorrow's weigh-in with a new confidence because I have set my self an achievable weight-loss goal which includes the non-scale progress I make too and if nothing else I have learnt something this week!
I am already feeling more confident, and is it just me - or does each pound feel like more weight than normal? I've only lost 2lb but I'm sure I can feel it already! Is that because it's actual FAT rather than water, like the losses you get on VLCDs etc? X

Didn't realise there was a 2nd page of posts! Thanks to everyone who replied, it's made me feel so much better about my goal. I am more motivated than ever and it doesn't sound like a big deal but trust me - for me to get to my 3rd weigh in is a massive thing! I almost always gave up after my 2nd week!
I'm sure I'll lose a lb tomorrow, and I'll be kissing it goodbye forever this time.
Thanks for everything! Xxxx

I am already feeling more confident, and is it just me - or does each pound feel like more weight than normal? I've only lost 2lb but I'm sure I can feel it already! Is that because it's actual FAT rather than water, like the losses you get on VLCDs etc? X

I could feel the difference after 4lbs, my trousers were a lot looser! Now after 12lbs off I can pull them down without undoing them LOL :D

Cocktailprincess - thank you so much for posting - you have made all the difference to my motivation! I have had a week where I haven't really eaten very much and made a few wrong choices, but for once I am approaching tomorrow's weigh-in with a new confidence because I have set my self an achievable weight-loss goal which includes the non-scale progress I make too and if nothing else I have learnt something this week!
You're welcome, mate- so glad you are so motivated

1lb loss feels like a lot because it IS a lot. Next time you are in the supermarket pick up 2 packets of butter- that is 1lb

A few weeks down the line, pick up a bag of potatoes- that is 5lb- these are big weights to carry around, and when you lose them your joints, heart and arteries all want to kiss you. Every pound you lose equals more time on earth- what better motivation?

Good luck

Somebody told me before I went to SW that the bigger you are the quicker the weight comes off initially because of the water loss. :confused: So when I joined SW I heard people who had lost 4lb, 3lb etc and I thought 'hmm...that'll be me next week'. Well it didn't happen. :sigh:

As somebody earlier in this thread said...the weight didn't come on overnight...therefore it's not going to come off overnight either....and be honest if it came off overnight what a sight for sore eyes that would be! :faint2:

I've now got my head around this issue and decided I no longer want or need to lose 4lbs per week. Good luck to those who can and do lose this amount.

My losses over the past 9 or so weeks have averaged around the 1lb - 1.5lb and I'm happy...at least it's a loss. I'm in no rush and I'm doing really well so far...even though I do say so myself! :p (others have as well...including hubby! :D)

Those 1lb lumps of pretend fat that we have been shown in group just make me wonder how did I cope carrying 10 of them about...it's HEAVY! :eek:

So here's to the 1lb'ers...cheers :party0027: < diet coke* and here's to the next 1lb off YAY :cross:

10! I wish! When I started I was carrying at least 70 of them more than I should! No wonder I was (am) so exhausted. :d Still, I've shed 23 of them... Just 47 or so more to go! :)

I don't just have 10lb to lose hun...it's what I've lost already in 9 or so weeks I've been going to SW. I've got a lot more to lose than that... :)

What brought it home to me how much I'd lost was when I lugged my suitcase to check-in to find it weighed 20kgs. That was exactly the amount I had lost at the time (since lost another 3!). To think that for several years I had been lugging my "suitcase" around with me everywhere I went. No wonder I didn't have much energy for anything!

Hang on, though, shouldn't every move I made have counted as some sort of body magic? Which must mean that I was obviously SERIOUSLY overeating ;)

Scorpiolady2710 said:
I don't just have 10lb to lose hun...it's what I've lost already in 9 or so weeks I've been going to SW. I've got a lot more to lose than that... :)

:D oops I can't see anyones stats with the minimins app - 10lb is loads. It's probably the last 10lbs or so I'm most concerned about shifting!

Yeah I know what you mean and I've heard a few say it's that last lb or two that's harder to shift than any of the others. However, people on this site...and at SW groups are a testimony to the fact the last few lbs can be shifted. The way forward is to have faith in yourself and the Plan.

Good luck. :)

Back