2.5 stone to lose club

Oh bless you. This weight loss lark isn't easy all the time, is it?

If Cambridge works for you, then go for it. Food replacement plans just make me crave more, which is why SW has worked so well. But we're all different so hopefully it will get your head back in the game.

Thinking of you hun xx

Just gonna do it for a few days to give me a boost :) but will be back on sw in three days :)

Hi there girls. Seems like its all a bit of a struggle at the mo. Been reading about the body's desperate attempts to get us back to overweight if we have lost weight and it really does make things super difficult. So don't be so hard on yourself soon-to-be-slim it is sometimes really hard. I've done Cambridge and every other diet going and whilst I've been better this time round I'm really really finding it hard too. I've just eaten an M&S baguette with butter! I just had to confess :-(. I hope this weekend isn't too hard for you miss corset it's so difficult trying to be good under those circumstances. I need to get my books out and look at the stickies again to get back to it. Hope you have a good evening lovelies. :)

Hey Peacelily,

Baguette sounds yummy! :D

I'm just looking at my calendar up to Christmas and I don't think I have a single week when there isn't something which is going to mess with the plan. I think I need to come to terms with the fact I'm going to be hovering roundabout where I am until the new year, then I need to re-focus and knuckle down to get this last half stone off.

I shouldn't complain, because it's all nice stuff - work trip to South Africa, Christmas shopping day out with Mum, work Christmas party, Christmas nights out with friends etc. I just wish I could have pushed a bit harder before and been at target already. Never mind - what's done is done and all I can do from here is my best :)

Hope everyone has a fab day xx

Miss_Corset said:
Hey Peacelily,

Baguette sounds yummy! :D

I'm just looking at my calendar up to Christmas and I don't think I have a single week when there isn't something which is going to mess with the plan. I think I need to come to terms with the fact I'm going to be hovering roundabout where I am until the new year, then I need to re-focus and knuckle down to get this last half stone off.

I shouldn't complain, because it's all nice stuff - work trip to South Africa, Christmas shopping day out with Mum, work Christmas party, Christmas nights out with friends etc. I just wish I could have pushed a bit harder before and been at target already. Never mind - what's done is done and all I can do from here is my best :)

Hope everyone has a fab day xx

Definitely think damage limitation is the way forward. I'm calling target on 27th (which bizarrely is why I think I'm sabotaging. *hangs head in shame*). Am going to have a go at maintaining. Am so worried about it cos I have reached target so many times in my life and never managed to maintain. Want to do it this time. If you manage over the next few weeks to minimise gains then you know you can manage anything that's thrown at you. Sounds fab though. Have a good conference.

I've just gotten out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Been growling at OH cos I'm so sick and tired of living in a bomb site whilst he decorates our forth road bridge of a house. Always complaining about money but will spend thousands getting rooms done then we aren't allowed to move in case we mess it up. Hate living with someone with OCD, and traits of bipolar. Makes me so bloody passive and just want to run away. Sorry to be such a moan. Others think I'm lucky that he does all this but there is a down side and I'm not good with change and upheaval. Bizarre that we have been together for 24 years. I think he's getting worse though.

Going out with the dog. My oasis in the day

Have a good day all.

PS hope you're doing ok soon-to-be-slim if you're lurking x

Hello lovely,

Can sympathise re bipolar/OCD - one of my best friends has such bad OCD she's hardly left the house in 5 years and my ex had bipolar. Neither of them are easy to live with in isolation so together I can't even imagine how tough it can be. 24 years is a long time though, so I'm sure there's lots of love there. Perhaps he doesn't realise how much it's affecting you - are you able to talk about it all without arguing?

xx

Hey there how's everyone doing? It's gone quiet in here. Hope everyone is ok. :)
PS miss Corset realised I didn't answer your question at the end of your last post. Although he has traits of bipolar and OCD he doesn't have them at a level which would be considered treatable however he can be difficult to live with. He is aware of it but finds it hard to modify things and I tend to respond by becoming more passive which drives him nuts which is probably just as annoying to him as he is to me. Things are still upside down in the house but at least the room is decorated. Waiting for furniture now as he has given away all the furniture we had!! As someone who dislikes change I think he has been sent to challenge me! Anyway the pattern is that there will be a period of calm once the bedroom is done and I can relax a bit! He is going away for a night again and I just feel myself relaxing when I know I have a night to myself to look forward to.
Hope your conference went well and you managed a bit of damage limitation. ;-)

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Yeah I've been a bit off the radar - conference result in a 4lb gain! But I've shifted almost 2 already since Monday's WI so I'm feeling pretty good.

Glad things are calming down a bit your end :)

xx

Hey anyone who was on this thread before Christmas still about?

Back