2.5 syn Eton Mess

Pootler

My new favourite food. SO easy to make but tastes so good!

INGREDIENTS

• About two handfuls of berries: raspberries are best, strawbs work fine too. I used about a tablespoon of raspberries and 5 or six strawberries.
  • sweetener
  • about 200 mls fromage frais and/or quark
  • couple drops vanilla
  • 1 meringue nest (about 12g)

METHOD
  1. Mix the vanilla and some sweetener with the fromage frais or quark.
  2. Mush up the berries lightly with a form and add sweetener to taste. Or you can leave them whole if you like.
  3. Put a dollop of the quark/fromage frais mixture in the bottom of a tall glass.
  4. Spoon over berries.
  5. Add another dollop of quark mixture.
  6. Crumble some meringue on top.
  7. Repeat until glass is full.

You can also toast some almond slices in a frying pan and add these on top - makes it perfect. Don't forget to syn or HEXB them though. :)

That's brilliant! I've been struggling to find simple delicious puddings. Thanks!

I did the roulade base and put this instead of the merangie (cant spell), I prefer a more stodgier pudding , it still worked :)

James

Mm going to try this tomorrow as have run out of syns today! But with agave nectar as I can't have sweetener - do you think a teaspoon would be enough? It's about the same sweetness as sugar I believe.

ooh this is very similar to my fav pudding - fruit (usually berries), meringe nest crushed over it and then a vanilla muller light poured over the top.
will have to try this version now

I love Eton Mess :) So easy but yet so good! I think there is a recipe for it in the new mag too but will definately be trying out yours.

My new favourite food. SO easy to make but tastes so good!

INGREDIENTS

• About two handfuls of berries: raspberries are best, strawbs work fine too. I used about a tablespoon of raspberries and 5 or six strawberries.
  • sweetener
  • about 200 mls fromage frais and/or quark
  • couple drops vanilla
  • 1 meringue nest (about 12g)

METHOD
  1. Mix the vanilla and some sweetener with the fromage frais or quark.
  2. Mush up the berries lightly with a form and add sweetener to taste. Or you can leave them whole if you like.
  3. Put a dollop of the quark/fromage frais mixture in the bottom of a tall glass.
  4. Spoon over berries.
  5. Add another dollop of quark mixture.
  6. Crumble some meringue on top.
  7. Repeat until glass is full.
You can also toast some almond slices in a frying pan and add these on top - makes it perfect. Don't forget to syn or HEXB them though. :)

Thank you so much Pootler x

Just adapted this slightly with half quark and half greek yogurt ... absolutely gorgeous!

Ive been looking for a recipie like this, thanks alot :) made my day haha, if i manage to work this forum out ill be sure to let you know how i get on :) x

Yum! i love eaton mess,so ill definatly try this one :)

I have this every night as my syns, i just have strawberries, strawberry activia and meringue crushed on top(usually 2 if i have enough spare syns!)

I made my own meringues today using egg white, sweetener and vanilla extract! They were a lot lighter but gave a nice texture when mixed with the quark mixture!

Absolutely delicious and as far as I'm aware, they're free :) (unless the vanilla extract is syned)! Yum!

I can't wait to try this out for myself - I've added it to my favourites hehe.

I was making Eton Mess for a family BBQ a few days ago and decided to make a variation for myself:

Strawberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
1 x Muller Light Greek style Coconut and Vanilla
Mix them all up and it's heaven for 1/2 a syn!

I was making Eton Mess for a family BBQ a few days ago and decided to make a variation for myself:

Strawberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
1 x Muller Light Greek style Coconut and Vanilla
Mix them all up and it's heaven for 1/2 a syn!

I had similar last night - muller greek coconut with raspberries, meringue nest (3 syns) and small squirt low fat cream (from a can - 1 syn) - it was to die for and looked amazing in the glass as well!

Back