Step2 810kcal 2 bars a day

callumsmammy

Hi all, i started cambridge again yesterday and my stomach is already starting to reject the shakes. I have never been a milkshake lover to start with so i was wondering if anyone has successfully done step 2 (or any step for that matter) with 2 bars a day. I can just about stomach 1 a day but i am sitting dreading my second shake of the day to the point I'm thinking of skipping it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, i started cambridge again yesterday and my stomach is already starting to reject the shakes. I have never been a milkshake lover to start with so i was wondering if anyone has successfully done step 2 (or any step for that matter) with 2 bars a day. I can just about stomach 1 a day but i am sitting dreading my second shake of the day to the point I'm thinking of skipping it. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You could have three lemon bars a day if you wanted! Or a lemon and any other bar. It's totally on plan and there's no reason you shouldn't. They can slow you getting into ketosis for some but there's no reason not to go for two a day. Some find that having the bars can slow their losses but they still lose.

Have you tried the soups or porridges or rices or spag Bol? There are alternative to the shakes. Or even have the chocolate shakes hot or with coffee in them!

Good luck.

Xxx

Ive just text my consultant and she said she forgot to tell me about spag bol etc so im getting a couple to try next week. Might try some hot shakes for a change. I made myself have the second milkshake as i know i need to follow plan properly. I weigh in sat so if i really struggle the next couple of days ill buy a few lemon bars knowing i can have these as an alternative if needed.
Thanks for reply.

Try the chocolate tetra too. it doesnt have the consistency of a milkshake as such.

I just dont like milkshake at all. Prob not the best diet for me lol.
Im gonna get some tetras if i can too.

I spoke to my consultant re bars and she said only 1 bar a day so im gonna have to experiment with shakes/tetras and mix a mousse.

I'm a consultant and yours in wrong. You can have three of the lemon bars a day but only one of any other. So you can have two lemon and a peanut bar if you want. Have another conversation with your cdc.

Xxx

You know what I've noticed though? The lemon bars have the most calories! Its like !86calories or something. Whereas the toffee chewy bar has 141calories or something? So I'm confused as to why the Lemon ones are allowed 3 times a day... Is that just in Australia?

You know what I've noticed though? The lemon bars have the most calories! Its like !86calories or something. Whereas the toffee chewy bar has 141calories or something? So I'm confused as to why the Lemon ones are allowed 3 times a day... Is that just in Australia?

The carb content is more important. A difference of 120 calories a day is not going to impact on your weight loss. However, being thrown out of ketosis due to higher carb intake will impact your weight loss.

The lemon bars are higher cals but the carbs are largely comparable across them all. There can be strange effects on your digestive system if you have more than one of the other bars.

Don't forget even with three of the lemon bars a day you're still on less than 600kcals from products!

Xxx

It's so great to get advice of a consultant, I feel like mine doesn't give me enough information about the products.
Tiggemama due to the higher carb contents of the products is it ok to have the spag bol and a bar, (plus another CWP) on the same day?
Would this slow weight loss or kick you out of ketosis?

Also my consultant said I was able to have 3 spag bols a day, is this correct?

It's so great to get advice of a consultant, I feel like mine doesn't give me enough information about the products. Tiggemama due to the higher carb contents of the products is it ok to have the spag bol and a bar, (plus another CWP) on the same day? Would this slow weight loss or kick you out of ketosis? Also my consultant said I was able to have 3 spag bols a day, is this correct?

You can have three of any other products a day. So if you fancied spag Bol for breakfast you could. You could have two bars and a spag Bol a day if you fancied that's fine too. Basically it's only the bars (excluding the lemon ones) that there are limits on. That's the official line.

Unofficially I would tend to recommend that due to the higher carb content you are more choosey to begin with. For most it won't kick you out of ketosis but lower carb products will get you into ketosis more quickly! Once you're in ketosis it's generally easier to stay in it! Some do find that having the bars or food packs slow their losses. Don't forget when you have any of those thing you must up your water a bit too!

There are so many products you can spend some time working out what you like and what works for you!!!

Xxx

Back