2 bars, going off shakes heeelp!

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hi all, happy new year to everyone, I'm trying to enjoy it, will be avoiding everyone later saying I've got tummy bug, don't like telling people!
Anywaaaaaay, really going off the shakes so wondering if it's ok to have two bars, one shake a day? Anyone done this?

2 bars a day could knock you out of ketosis as they have a higher carb content, so unfortunately I don't think you can, I could be wrong though. How about porridge or making the shake into a mousse? x

2 bars a day could knock you out of ketosis as they have a higher carb content, so unfortunately I don't think you can, I could be wrong
though. How about porridge or making the shake into a mousse? x

No you're totally right 2 bars would knock you out of ketosis sadly as bars are yum!

Have you tried mixing coffee in with the choc or vanilla shakes, they are quite nice or as said the porridge and mousse are worth a shot :) also if you struggle with the shakes try splitting them in two as that has worked for me in the past xxx

2 bars won't knock you out of ketosis. there is a higher carb level in the bars and having had experience of having 2 bars a day it just makes you windy. might have a few stomach gripes too.

2 bars won't knock you out of ketosis. there is a higher carb level in the bars and having had experience of having 2 bars a day it just makes you windy. might have a few stomach gripes too.

Sorry I have to disagree, you can't say it won't knock you out of ketosis as that is wrong as every person is different and some people are more carb sensitve than others! Cambridge diet doesn't even say you can have 2 bars a day unless the rules changed from November when I came off it. Having 2 bars a day MAY affect weight loss and hunger.

I used to have 2 bars a day over some weeks and it made no difference to my losses. If it's a case of having 2 bars and sticking to the plan, or having to have shakes you don't enjoy and then feeling like picking other foods, try the bars. The advantage with the bars also is that you can break them up during the day

Sorry I have to disagree, you can't say it won't knock you out of ketosis as that is wrong as every person is different and some people are more carb sensitve than others! Cambridge diet doesn't even say you can have 2 bars a day unless the rules changed from November when I came off it. Having 2 bars a day MAY affect weight loss and hunger.

having had 2 bars a day it will not knock you out of ketosis. yes everyone is different but for most people doing cd they even stay in ketosis at 810. therefore 2 bars on a 3 a day plan is still low enough to be lower than 810 and therefore keep in ketosis. i've never known anyone as sensitive to be knocked out at 4 shakes a day which is certainly more cals and carbs than 2 bars and 1 shake!

however it will make your bum move wind more.

I occassionally have two bars, but it can cause a lot of wind and stomach rumbles.

Thanks guys, I don't get out of ketosis that easily tbh from past experience so I may have two when I need them, better than picking on junk and totally blowing it. Might have to warn dh about the er side effects lmao.

the only reason I would not have 2 bars is that they are so yummy as some have said, it could trigger my desire for more. I think some of the 'do not' injunctions around CD are to keep the the person psychologically safe as well as in ketosis. I can get triggered alot more easily than some- yes I am a bit of a wuss-but if the calories are below 810 most do stay in ketosis but they may be lighter ketones for a while.

p.s this might not be pretty but if the bars also enable one to release that icky bloated constipation feeling in the body those bars might have other uses, once a week:)

I have had two bars in the past when it has been the difference between sticking to the plan and going off the rails. We are all different and all of our journeys will be different, we all have the same goal but the way we get there will be personal to us. Personally when I have had 2 bars, it has sparked cravings and my losses have suffered, but if you really really feel you need an extra bar then all you can do is try it and see how you get on :)

I hope you manage to find a solution and happy new year x

Thanks Jools, happy new year to you too hon!
Just gonna see how it goes, il have two if I really need it!

Crystal how did u get on sweet??? Xx

LovelyLauren said:
Crystal how did u get on sweet??? Xx

Oooo was just gonna post on my diary, thanks for asking Lauren :) 8lbs down first wi today, so happy even with Totm. Just gotta carry on and not get too excited leading to celebrating with food! How you doing hon?

Ah that's fab!!!! Well done!

Yeah that's what I found learning to celebrate without food was odd lol

So made up hun, remember this feeling!!

I'm doin great sweet nothin exciting with me lol xx

LovelyLauren said:
Ah that's fab!!!! Well done!

Yeah that's what I found learning to celebrate without food was odd lol

So made up hun, remember this feeling!!

I'm doin great sweet nothin exciting with me lol xx

Aw thanks babe, you doing ss? You'll soon be celebrating, I had a little dance, kids were a bit shell shocked lol, just keep going hugs x

Back