2 'meals' a day

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
At the moment I'm finding it really hard to eat more than 2 'meals' a day. Most days I work 6.30am-2.30pm then 4.30pm-10.30pm so don't have much time to eat.

Currently I usually eat the new choccy hifi bar with some bananas and a packet of WW crisps or snack a jacks for breakfast (at about 9/10am).
I will then eat a main meal of usually pasta or Linda McCartneys Toad in the Hole with beans at about 3pm. If I get hungry I'll just eat more bananas or possibly a yoghurt.

I know I should be eating more regularly than this but I find it really hard as I don't feel hungry first thing, I don't have time to eat much (if anything) on shift and after eating at 3 I'm not hungry later on.

Any advise on how I can improve my diet?

Is it possible for you to grab a grapefruit and some other fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. At least the you have something inside you to start the day, it must be hard when you work shifts though. It is important to have some breakfast though for weight loss.

I could probably grab something and sometimes I'll have the bar or crisps earlier. I'm better than I used to be (the idea of eating first thing made me want to puke) but I'm still not great with early morning food.

Maybe on your day/s off you could cook up a batch of speedy soup & freeze it in portions ready for dinner/lunch? I often have it as a type of casserole & add some quorn pieces- it's lovely with some cheese grated ontop for you healthy extra a.
Looks like you don't have much of your healthy a? so this could help :)

I assuming you are doing green?

You could always have fruit, yog & all bran for brekkie? If you has strawberries & melon that might boost your weight loss as they are ss.

I think i posted a recipe for mushroom & lentil loaf, which is great for a quick meal (it can be frozen) It has lots of protein & has a healthy extra a in it too (cheese).

Also can you eat at work? If you can't face food straight away mrswilsoncroft suggested a great tupperware that has seperate sections so you can take your cereal, yog & fruit in seperate sections so it doesn't go soggy, or even prepare a magic porridge the night before & take to work?

Edited to add link to breakie box- http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/product/14691_14769

Maybe on your day/s off you could cook up a batch of speedy soup & freeze it in portions ready for dinner/lunch? I often have it as a type of casserole & add some quorn pieces- it's lovely with some cheese grated ontop for you healthy extra a.
Looks like you don't have much of your healthy a? so this could help :)

I assuming you are doing green?

You could always have fruit, yog & all bran for brekkie? If you has strawberries & melon that might boost your weight loss as they are ss.

I think i posted a recipe for mushroom & lentil loaf, which is great for a quick meal (it can be frozen) It has lots of protein & has a healthy extra a in it too (cheese).

I'm doing EE however I'm very very picky and often its easier for me to just do a basically green day. I do drink quite a bit of tea which is where my HExA usually comes in. Also when I have pasta I'll usually have some cheese on it.

Also can you eat at work? If you can't face food straight away mrswilsoncroft suggested a great tupperware that has seperate sections so you can take your cereal, yog & fruit in seperate sections so it doesn't go soggy, or even prepare a magic porridge the night before & take to work?

Edited to add link to breakie box- Klip It Breakfast on the Go - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

I can eat at work but often have no time. I do home care and often we have no travel time to drive 20 mins so it can be a nightmare to find time to eat!

If you are doing EE i think you have to have 1/3 of your plate of superfree food( of is it superspeed? sorry i do green so don't know which one!) It doesn't look like you have enough in your meals...maybe someone else can confirm?

Yeah I probably don't have enough superfree stuff and I probably don't eat enough. I'm just such a picky eater that that plus shifts means I find sticking to plan really hard!

I think maybe it's just down to planning then i'm afraid :( It's a pain in the bum planning everything but i suppose if you want to do sw properly you have to plan ahead.

Maybe write down all the food you do actually like and plan around that. If you are struggling with the 1/3 superfree, maybe just do the green plan?

Are you in your own car as you travel (time travel!) between places? Could you keep a cool box in there with some prepared fruit (chop it up the night before, stick it in tupperware) and veggies (carrot sticks, particularly, keep well). Then in the morning just take the cool packs out your freezer, whack the tupperware with the prepared SFree snacks you have from the fridge in on top and pull out a wee tupperware every time you get in the car?

That would up your superfree and grazing like that might suit you?

I'm in a company car. Could possibly get a little cool box. Just doesn't help when the people I work with have choccy, biccies you name it if its naughty they have it, especially the lady I'm with tonight.

Just read this and I would also advise you realy need to a) make time to eat, and eat correctly, and b) as already mentioned, you need to get some serous planning done.

Batch freezing and loads of superfree can be incorporated into your busy lifestyle. plenty of fruit, side salad (the can be purchased ready to eat) and raw veggies can solve the problem.

Hopefully you can find a way to get this all incorporated.:)

if you are really picky maybe try some green days and you can have an extra a and b and have these as grab and go things for the car?

Do you have a cuppa when you're with clients? If so why not swap the tea/coffee for a mug of superfree soup.

I feel your pain with travelling between shifts. I do floating outreach with adults with learning disabilities. I also don't really get travelling time and don't get a lunch break. Are you allowed to eat when clients do? If so i take a packed lunch, put it in their fridge and eat with them at lunch time. Otherwise you could do something like a mug shot for yourself when they have a cuppa. Good luck - it's really hard to keep motivated when it's so tough just to eat anything at all when there's no time and to stay healthy when your clients eat rubbish. X

There was a thread not so long ago from someone who was a salesperson (I think) who worked from their car during the day and wanted to know about lunch ideas. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/195505-sales-rep-lunches.html

We all have our challenges that can make it hard to stay on plan whether that is children, unsocial hours, shift work, working away from home etc. The important thing is to focus on what you can do rather than the " I can't.." or "Yes, but..". There are always ways to overcome challenges but you need to be prepared to think creatively and put in a bit of effort.

Last edited:
Can't eat with clients as most the time we literally have the minimum amount of time with them. I will look at getting a Thermos and trying to do some soup. I'm also looking at moving to Green as its basically what I do at the moment (I think).
Thank you all for your ideas :)

Back