2 week break

Must admit I've worked my breaks into times when I've wanted to have a break from the plan. I had a break after 6 weeks for a planned holiday (6 days off), then 12 weeks later a break for Xmas / New Year (14 days off) and I've just had a break for Easter after about another 13 weeks. For me it's broken my journey down into manageable chunks. I've had my break to look forward to in not too many weeks as my 'carrot', enjoyed my break and the food / alcohol (each break has been planned to include the things I have most missed when on the packs), got 'food out of my system', and then got straight back on track. It took me less than 9 days each time to lose all my weight 'gain' although I didn't go too mad and the vast majority of that was water gain from coming out of ketosis.

I do recognise though that some people find it really hard to get back on track after having a break. Luckily I'm not one of them. My next break will be in June for the bank holiday week.

So for me, although I wouldn't be too worried about having breaks if I didn't need one they provide a welcome reprieve from the diet :)

It's for your metabolism after twelve weeks your body and it's metabolism has adjusted and your losses will significantly reduce. If you have a break it kicksp starts your metabolism. I think all that happens is your losses go down to about 1lb or 2 a week..... This is from the internet so I'm not a doctor or anything but it does make sense.

Theres a lot of people havent had a break and its had no impact at all on their losses. I did just packs for 5 months the first time I did a VLCD and had consistently good losses

I followed the LL total advice - which is 4 packs as usual but add milk for a week to increase the calories. For those people who are worried about not being able to get back on the diet again after a break this is a good alternative. LL lite (the 3 packs plus protein meal version of LL) does not advocate a break at all as it is 800 calories. I now don't have a break because I have upped my daily calories to 800 and am having a protein meal every day.

Back