2 week break

Twiowl

It said on the sheet I got u can only do s&s for 12 weeks then take a 2 week break, does this mean go back to normal food ? What have u done during the 2 week break ? I won't have reached my goal within 12 weeks so I am looking into longer than that it will be at least 5 months going on the 1 stone a month. Any advice

Thanks

Hiya chick,

Personally im sticking to it until i get to get to goal, i know its not recommended but i don't wanna risk coming off it, i think cd recommends a week break after 12 weeks where you do onto the 810 plan for the week, i might have that wrong as ive got me vlcd brain on lol.

Catdog xx

Yeah catdog cd do say a week! I wonder why they tell u too come off it for a week ?

I have no idea hun, ive heard people say it can give your metabolism a boost but i dont know what actual reason cd gives, personally i think its just to cover their backs for diet to be approved with it being so extreme but obv thats just my opinion and im just going to carry on as i am until goal. I know for refeed on this diet people contact slim n save and they give you personalised plan so maybe if you contact them they can give you an answer, it may be that they just say add another pack each day for the two weeks, but i know how hard it is for me once i come off plan and out of ketosis so i cannit risk it.

Catdog xx

The NICE guidelines for the government reccomends that anyone following a vlcd should only do so for a max of 12 weeks. I would reccomend looking at something like th cd 810 plan which is still ketogenic so it won't be so hard to go back to just packs. Look on line, and you only have to have a weeks break, not two.

Catdog that what I was thinking coming off it for two weeks to go back on it, doesn't sound good to me would be worried I wouldn't get back on it! I'll ask them and see what they say! :)

I believe that some people go low carb for the two weeeks, whilst others just up their calories using extra milk. I'll probably go low carb, it will be a nice break, but I don't want to have to get back in ketosis again and be hungry for 5 days! I'll probably only do the break for a week though, rather than two, but if you aren't sure what to do then contacting S&S is probably the most sensible option.

Catdog that what I was thinking coming off it for two weeks to go back on it, doesn't sound good to me would be worried I wouldn't get back on it! I'll ask them and see what they say! :)

Let me know what they say chick if you dont mind :)

Catdog xx

When youre taking the break youre not really meant to come right off it and eat 'normally' IF you do the break week then you should stick to low carb, high protein food, that way it minimises damage

You tend to find a lot of people take a break at other points. I had a week off for a holiday last week, I wont be taking another break til August.

If you do just go straight off plan and eat youll have a water gain. BUT its easy on easy off ;) I gained 12lbs in my week off.... Ive lost 10lbs in 3 days though

When youre taking the break youre not really meant to come right off it and eat 'normally' IF you do the break week then you should stick to low carb, high protein food, that way it minimises damage

You tend to find a lot of people take a break at other points. I had a week off for a holiday last week, I wont be taking another break til August.

If you do just go straight off plan and eat youll have a water gain. BUT its easy on easy off ;) I gained 12lbs in my week off.... Ive lost 10lbs in 3 days though

Thats what i dont understand though, if people come off it but are still doing low carb to stay in ketosis you may aswell stay on plan which has all vit and minerals included if you get what i mean. I'm interested to hear what they say about it as it doesnt make sense if they recommend to low carb still.

Catdog xx

Because youre off the packs for a week/fortnight thats the point of the break. Potentially you could be having nothing but shakes for 12 weeks. Taking a week off is to ensure you have food and no packs. So having low carb high protein protects your losses, can keep you in ketosis but youre still eating. Your also having much more calorie wise. Exante recommend 1200kcals on your food weeks as opposed to 600

Because youre off the packs for a week/fortnight thats the point of the break. Potentially you could be having nothing but shakes for 12 weeks. Taking a week off is to ensure you have food and no packs. So having low carb high protein protects your losses, can keep you in ketosis but youre still eating. Your also having much more calorie wise. Exante recommend 1200kcals on your food weeks as opposed to 600

Do you know what the cd break was if that was to go on 810 or was it a higher plan? So theres no actual reason medically for coming off just that you have proper food? I know people have said something about boosting metabolism so maybe thats the point of extra cals?

Catdog xx

Someone told me they only stipulate you need a break after 12 weeks because that's the longest experts have studied a vlcd.

Someone told me they only stipulate you need a break after 12 weeks because that's the longest experts have studied a vlcd.

Thats what im thinking as well that they just saying it to cover their backs as they dont actually know, hopefully twiowl withbring us some answers from sns!

Catdog xx

aah i just remembered i thnk the cd break is add milk for the week, mharas post just pricked me memory cell up, so they dont advise actually coming off packs if memory serves me right.

Catdog xx

CD say you have to go up to one of the higher plans so youre no longer classed as a VLCD so it could be packs and food but its not just packs

its all so confusing really, youde think it would be included in the leaflet or even on websites with explanations as to why. Im trying to control binge eating and while sticking to plan so strictly im doing realy well, i know i have to learn/retrain myself around food but hoping to get the weight off and then do that on refeed, just so worried that this will hinder me, if sns has a set thing that may be okay but giving me free reign over low carb foods, etc and not an exact plan will be nightmare for me :(

Catdog xx

I've sent a email ask them why and to give me the nice guidelines and why is this plus research on this lmao so I'll see what they say! Hopefully they get back to me soon :)

Back