2 weeks and no change?

Ryantcb

Hi I have been on SW for about 3 months and each week recorded a loss around 2-3lbs. 2 weeks ago I was 17stone then last week I weighed in at 17 stone. Zero loss so I were a little upset as I stick to SW 100% but I just accepted it. Then mid week I had a sneaky weigh in just to see if I were losing and I was 16st 10lbs. A great 4lbs lost which is about right. I have been very stricked eaten pretty much apples and salad all week probably 0-5 syns a day so that when I weighed in officially this morning I would show a loss. But no 17 stones again!!! What am I doing wrong? How can I be the same yet again?? Not good :-(

Well basically you didn't follow the SW plan this week. SW isn't about starving yourself by living off apples and salads, and not having your syns. I suspect that your calorie intake has been so low this week that your body is holding onto all the nutrients it can get. So my advice would be to stop being so strict as what you've been doing this week is not sustainable in the long-term. Go back to the basics of the SW plan which includes free foods, superfree foods, healthy extras and syns. Make sure you have a good variety of foods and meals and I'm confident that the weight will start coming off again.

Ok was maybe exaggerating with my meals. But they were and these should be SW perfect

Breakfast 2 weetabix with skinned milk (HEXA & B)

Lunch turkey omelette

Dinner roast chicken salad (2syn for dressing)

Snacks apples about 7 a day
Philladelphia on 2 wholegrain ryvitta

The syns sweetie are an integral part of the diet. They say we should have 5-10 syns a day. You are possibly not eating enough.

Can you put up a couple of days worth of honest diary so we can help you? Its very important to follow the plan properly for it to work. On weeks where i've thought I've been good and not had hardly any syns I have not lost :( Its very important xxxxx

We typed at the same time sorry. Not enough syns and not alot to eat really

Maybe im wrong but although apples are superfree foods i dont think you should be eating 7! :eek:

Mix up your snacks, plenty of fruit to choose from, bananas are filling include one insted of an apple.

Use up at least 5 syns, in snacks or with meals, it really does help.

are you following ee? because if you are- unless you didnt state, there's a lack of superfree food on your breakfast and lunch

have a variety of superfree too- not just apples. even though fruit is good for you- its loaded with sugar, so unless you exercise a LOT *every* day, maybe stick with vegetables (carrots, etc)

variety is important, and use your syns- they are there for a reason.

if you dont eat enough, then your body goes into shock storage mode, so it'll store all the energy as fat.

eat little and often~ eat more, eat more kinds of things

"Breakfast 2 weetabix with skinned milk (HEXA & B)

Lunch turkey omelette

Philladelphia on 2 wholegrain ryvitta "

Ok, as above if you're doing EE you don't have 1/3 SF with your breakfast and lunch.
You haven't synned your ryvita/philadelphia (?) or is it HEX on a red day (I don't eat the stuff so unsure whether it could count as HEX)?

And as above, not enough syns. It's a complete myth that lowering your syns increases the weight loss. The complete opposite happens.
Eat AT LEAST 5 syns a day.

Also you do need to change it up a little bit 7 apples is excessive, especially considering an average apple is between 80-100 calories. Thats 700 calories just on apples.
So actually you could be eating too much.

Only eat when your hungry don't eat just because you can and make sure you eat a variety of foods, don't just stick to the same things.

Have a look around the food diairies on here for some inspiration and if you need extra help, post your own food diary so we can help point out where you might be slipping.

xx

Ryantcb said:
Ok was maybe exaggerating with my meals. But they were and these should be SW perfect

Breakfast 2 weetabix with skinned milk (HEXA & B)

Lunch turkey omelette

Philladelphia on 2 wholegrain ryvitta

I feel like i say this alot on here, but how are you not starving? For gods sake eat some food. I take it this is a red day as i see no carbs at all except your breakfast heb & ryvita ( which i assume was you 2nd heb)? Or if its extra easy the no where near enough superfree or variety of superfree. I like apples. But 7 in a day?! Did you sign up for the apple diet???

So either you haven't used any syns, or you haven't had enough superfree. Either way not remotely a SW perfect day i'm afraid.

I just do EE I would have thought the salad would count as my SF? It's a subway salad bowl so quite a lot of veggies.

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

Yes- the salad will count as your superfree - for your dinner but you haven't written anything for your superfree with brekkie and lunch? You need to have 1/3 superfree with each meal on EE.
Also on EE - the ryvita and philly need to be synned as you already had your HEs at breakfast - though that def shouldn't affect your loss bucause you had so few other syns.
Did you measure your milk too?? Many of us don't measure HEs after a while and it can affect weight loss eventually.
As others have said the syns are an integral part of the programme and you need to have at least 5 a day - the main point about SW is you don't need to feel hungry so go and eat if you are - starvation mode slows weight loss.

Having rambled on there - you have been doing very well and everyone hits a wall at some point even sticking to plan 100%. It's just your body adjusting and if you stay on plan you'll start losing again soon. Don't get disheartened:hug99:, you've been doing soo well :D

you said it yourself - no changed

if nothing changes, nothing changes,

as mentioned before you need to mix it up a bit,

agree with above as well, doesn't look to me like you're eating nearly enough of anything, I would be starving if thats all I'd eaten.

do you have your food diaries from when you first started? might be worth having a look back and see what was working for you then. sometimes when it slows down we try to reign it in and forget what the plan is all about.

are you a home weigher or do you go to group?

xx

How tall are you?

You definately are not eating enough and like others have said not enough superfree at meal times.

You should aim to make your plate a 1/3 superfree at every meal.

I am surprised you are satisfied on the small amount you are eating.

Have a look at other peoples food diaries on here.

I would also recommend posting one yourself daily, that way others can keep an eye on it for you and advise.

Also never ever weigh any other time but your weigh in day, because weight can fluctuate hugely and will def lead to disappointment

Hi thanks for all the replies. I only use milk at breakfast and never for the rest of the day, it is measured and used as HEXB And I only use about 2/3rds.
I am 6ft 3
The 1/3 SF comes from I would have thought all the apples. I have one just after breakfast and then at lunch I have 1 and often a banana
I am always full and never hungry. I used to be when I started but now I'm use to the portion sizes.
I did keep a food diary but stopped because I was eating the same thing everyday and just thought it was a waste of time.

I did keep a food diary but stopped because I was eating the same thing everyday and just thought it was a waste of time.

That RIGHT THERE may be the problem!!!!! You should have some variety, eat more variety, it will make your losses better. You should shake things up, not just for the losses but also for the long term stickability (if you know what I mean)

Ryantcb said:
Hi thanks for all the replies. I only use milk at breakfast and never for the rest of the day, it is measured and used as HEXB And I only use about 2/3rds.
I am 6ft 3
The 1/3 SF comes from I would have thought all the apples. I have one just after breakfast and then at lunch I have 1 and often a banana
I am always full and never hungry. I used to be when I started but now I'm use to the portion sizes.

The idea of superfree food is to limit the amount of free food you put on your plate-therefore eating an apple after doesn't count! As you could still eat a huge meal of free food and then eat an apple for the sake of it! If you include the sf with your meal as SW state, then you'll be eating that and less free if that makes sense. Even so, you're still not eating enough-at 6'3 and 17 stone you need a lot of calories just to exist :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I haven't been hungry and so not eaten just for the sake of it. The diet I which I've been eating worked for the last 13 weeks then suddenly not. The only thing that's really changed is I used to get a subway sandwich with about 9 syns then I got rid of the bread and just got the salad, could losing that bread from my diet have effected my loss?

In that the bread prob upped your calorie intake to something less like starvation mode yes, but i can't reiterate enough the fact you just aren't following the plan, & also seem to be completely dismissing all the advice from people on here!

Again I am not starving I am never hungry (probably because of the apples) I weighed and measured everything when I started but it doesn't take long before you learn what 2 weetabix looks like and how much milk it takes before you no longer need to weigh/measure it. I am not keeping a food diary because I can't be bothered more because theres no point when I am eating same things or if different Super free or free so no need to count. I am not dismissing the advice given. And will up my syn intake probably by reintroducing the bread at subway or more snacks. If the plan tells me to add 1/3 super free 1/3 free to each meal then breakfast i have an 2x apples with my weetabix and sadly no free. Lunch I have eggs which are free and turkey rashers again free oh and baked beans (didn't mention before) and they are free I have another apple and thats my super free. Dinner chicken salad which is full of free and super free. Infact every meal I eat has the needed amount of free/superfree required the only thing it doesn't have are the syns. except the ryvita which I do count as syns.

Ryantcb said:
Again I am not starving I am never hungry (probably because of the apples) I weighed and measured everything when I started but it doesn't take long before you learn what 2 weetabix looks like and how much milk it takes before you no longer need to weigh/measure it. I am not keeping a food diary because I can't be bothered more because theres no point when I am eating same things or if different Super free or free so no need to count. I am not dismissing the advice given. And will up my syn intake probably by reintroducing the bread at subway or more snacks. If the plan tells me to add 1/3 super free 1/3 free to each meal then breakfast i have an 2x apples with my weetabix and sadly no free. Lunch I have eggs which are free and turkey rashers again free oh and baked beans (didn't mention before) and they are free I have another apple and thats my super free. Dinner chicken salad which is full of free and super free. Infact every meal I eat has the needed amount of free/superfree required the only thing it doesn't have are the syns. except the ryvita which I do count as syns.

As stated previously tho, the idea of sf isn't to eat something AFTER! it's to eat it with your free foods to reduce the intake! Also if you 'cant be bothered' to do a food diary then how do you keep track of your syns etc. If you do a food diary then your consultant could possibly help you work out why you're not losing! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back