2 weeks-is it worth it?

saintjen

Hi everyone, just popped in for some advice as I am new to 100%.

I have just come to the end of day 2 and am doing ok. My initial intention was to do this diet for 2 weeks to give myself a boost before switching to SW. Due to various social commitments towards the end of this month it will be harder to carry on for longer than that. I am not short of motivation and am looking to make life-long changes to my health. However I am now wondering if this is worth my while - does anybody know whether I will actually benefit much from 2 weeks as I understand that I will mainly lose water in that time and will probably put it back after my week's refeed? Would I be better off going straight onto SW now and going to the gym every night?

I have read some great stories on here so well done to everyone.

BTW, I am 5'6, 15st 7lb.

Thanks in advance XX

Even though you do lose a lot of water weight in the first week it doesnt necessarily mean youre going to put it all back on, particularly if youre going straight to another diet. I think it could well be worth your while going on it for a couple of weeks as you may lose a stone in that time, if youre doing a refeed too then you're less likely to put back on weight :)

Hey saint Jen! Defo worth doing it for 2 weeks as a kick start, that's what I did. Well I planned 2 but ended up doing 3 cos I wanted to lose at least a stone. Just back from 3rd weigh in and the stone is gone. Now onto refeed and then a few weeks maintanence to lose the rest. Like u I just needed a kick start and now I feel really positive about doing the rest with 2 shakes and one meal a day.

Best of luck :)

I did lp for 2 weeks and lost -10 pounds. I did a refeed and went onto a low carb calorie counting diet and didn't put any back on in fact I've lost about 20pounds in total. It gave me a fab kick start and a boost cos I lose incentive with really slow weight loss. Defo worth it, even thought it is really hard!! Xx

Thanks everyone! Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking but it's nice to hear from others who have been there and done that! Just finishing day 4 and decided I am definitely sticking with it as a kick start if nothing else, am actually now thinking I may swerve a get together at the end of this month so that I can carry on until mid-September. Then I have my own wedding at the end of that month so will serve as good motivation! :) x

Back