20 somethings

0.5lbs off since last Monday's weigh in according to my wii as no official weigh in today. Not too bad seeing As I've had one day off plan and been doing the 30 day shred :) xx

It makes me feel abit better actually that there are people you girls know that can't ride a bike either cos it is something I've always been embarrassed about! I jus have no balance, my dad used to try and teach me and is be doing so good until he let go and I'd literally just fall straight off lol, no balance! And I really want a pretty little bike with a basket on the for my shopping hehe!
Lots being said and have forgotten loads!!
Mandy, you were definitely robbed, you looked amazing and wow for not going for hangover food, I am terrible when I'm hunger, I eat my entire house!
And Jenna, fran could be right about the being bunged up malarky, you will shift more then you think! You've got till Sunday so don't worry, plus you enjoyed it and are getting right back on plan! X

sammyb1985 said:
0.5lbs off since last Monday's weigh in according to my wii as no official weigh in today. Not too bad seeing As I've had one day off plan and been doing the 30 day shred :) xx

Woo! That's brill! I didn't lose a thing first time I did the shred, was abit disheartened and made me not want to do it again when the numbers weren't going down! So you've done amazing this week with that! X

Well done Sammy, the Wii always adds extra lbs on for me so that's extra fab.

Made the sweet potato curry today and is ok but a bit blah. I think it is the idea of having rice and potato together that's bugging me. Humph. So it is sitting on the table going cold as I see no point in eating it if I'm not enjoying it, but I HATE wasting food. Gah.

Jenna, glad you like the gross term, I always pull a face when she says it

Thanks for the support ladies, I really appreciated it. I love this thread, it's like my own little SW group since I don't go to class. I don't have any social occasions lined up until December (apart from one meal at a friends on the 10th November but it'll be easy not to drink then so will just save syns that week).

Fab about the weigh in Sammy!
Is there a pic of your Halloween costume, Mandy? I feel robbed that I haven't seen it with all these fab comments! I actually really enjoyed dressing up in mine in the end :) Had a fab night.

Jessikah, you're definitely not alone with not being able to ride a bike, neither of my sisters can do it. I imagine it's a lot more common than we think, especially in younger people (as in younger than us). I totally blame the change in lifestyle from when 'we' were young. They spent so much time indoors playing video games that they never bothered to learn...I lived on my bike when I was young (I lived in a small town and a bike was the 'cool' way to travel with your friends haha' I would have chewed my own arm off to get outside to play as soon as I was home from school...they don't care as long as they have their wii/ipad/computer etc.

Currently watching Man VS Food. Definitely one of the best programmes on TV. Has anyone else found that since they started losing weight they've become obsessed with food/weight shows-Man vs food, the biggest loser, supersize vs superskinny, secret eaters etc? Man vs Food and Supersize vs Superskinny are probably my fave...I get to look at big portions that are bad for you lol!

Jenna88 said:
Thanks for the support ladies, I really appreciated it. I love this thread, it's like my own little SW group since I don't go to class. I don't have any social occasions lined up until December (apart from one meal at a friends on the 10th November but it'll be easy not to drink then so will just save syns that week).

Fab about the weigh in Sammy!
Is there a pic of your Halloween costume, Mandy? I feel robbed that I haven't seen it with all these fab comments! I actually really enjoyed dressing up in mine in the end :) Had a fab night.

Jessikah, you're definitely not alone with not being able to ride a bike, neither of my sisters can do it. I imagine it's a lot more common than we think, especially in younger people (as in younger than us). I totally blame the change in lifestyle from when 'we' were young. They spent so much time indoors playing video games that they never bothered to learn...I lived on my bike when I was young (I lived in a small town and a bike was the 'cool' way to travel with your friends haha' I would have chewed my own arm off to get outside to play as soon as I was home from school...they don't care as long as they have their wii/ipad/computer etc.

Currently watching Man VS Food. Definitely one of the best programmes on TV. Has anyone else found that since they started losing weight they've become obsessed with food/weight shows-Man vs food, the biggest loser, supersize vs superskinny, secret eaters etc? Man vs Food and Supersize vs Superskinny are probably my fave...I get to look at big portions that are bad for you lol!

Yes!!! Jenna I am the absolute same with all of those shows, I watch all food related program's too like cooking program's where as before I never cooked, I hadn't even tried a vegetable before slimming world no lie!
Totally agree about the youth of today, I used to run around next to all the kids in my street on their bikes, or get a backer, or have stabilisers like the coolest cat in town haha, I will learn one day and catch up on what fun I missed out in as a child x

I know, I don't like it, but I don't like Maria anyway.

Jess? You never had veg before? Wow.

The thing that bugs me about supersize is there has only ever been one person on it that was supersize who loved food. Not just living off of kababs and chips, she cooked lovely food but it was full fat products and way too big portions. I could relate to her. But in all the series just one person?!

Franalamadingdong said:
I know, I don't like it, but I don't like Maria anyway.

Jess? You never had veg before? Wow.

The thing that bugs me about supersize is there has only ever been one person on it that was supersize who loved food. Not just living off of kababs and chips, she cooked lovely food but it was full fat products and way too big portions. I could relate to her. But in all the series just one person?!

Honestly fran! I was terrible, I used to live at macdonalds before I started SW, at one point I ordered a takeaway 9 days running, I was disgusting, now I cook all fresh, love my veg and can't believe what I put my body through before! It's changed everything xx

It's been worth it, Jessikah. You look absolutely stunning in your profile pic. I was the same as you, I lived in my local chinese...when I rang they didn't even have to ask the surname (God that is MORTIFYING lol!)

As for SS vs SS what amazes me the most is how the superskinny people eat so much crap and still remain underweight! I know that obviously they don't eat it in the quantities I would but I can guarantee if I ate a takeaway and nothing else all day I'd still put on weight!

Anyone planning on watching Food Unwrapped on C4 at 8.30?

Jenna88 said:
It's been worth it, Jessikah. You look absolutely stunning in your profile pic. I was the same as you, I lived in my local chinese...when I rang they didn't even have to ask the surname (God that is MORTIFYING lol!)

As for SS vs SS what amazes me the most is how the superskinny people eat so much crap and still remain underweight! I know that obviously they don't eat it in the quantities I would but I can guarantee if I ate a takeaway and nothing else all day I'd still put on weight!

Anyone planning on watching Food Unwrapped on C4 at 8.30?

Thanks Jenna :D
Completely agree on the Ss vs Ss, id definitely put on if I had a take away and nothing else all day, don't understand it! X

Back from my trip to london, had the best time and most importantly my OH had the most amazing experience of his life and is so happy so it was well worth over £600 that was spent on everything all together and well worth being skint now to have seen his face light up at the game yesterday, especially since his team won :)

Ive eaten absolute crap all weekend but walked roughly a combined total of about 30 hours in the last 3 and half days so hopefully that will counteract some of the damage so the gain wont be as high as I know it would have been if I had done nothing all weekend.

Hopefully will find out when I go back to work tomorrow if they have got an answer about a transfer so keeping my fingers crossed for good news although im doubtful now as I thought they may have rung me if they had wanted me :/

Aah I know, hence going "it does count because you'll want to eat everyone's stashes." I'm not hungry thankfully so just got some diet coke and going to whip my knitting out. I get like this when i ovulate as well as just before my period starts (so annoying). One more evening until weigh in. Hopefully it'll be worth it. Though I tend to get rubbish results when I feel like this even if I'm good.

Food horror stories don't put me off, unfortunately. There was something similar on the BBC I think but it was so dumbed down and patronizing!

Food horror stories don't put me off, unfortunately. There was something similar on the BBC I think but it was so dumbed down and patronizing!

Snap! You could literally show me them rubbing my kfc popcorn chicken bits on the floor and I'd still eat it haha!

That's fantastic that you had such a good weekend CH2B :) London's amazing <3 I want to go back soon!

So glad you and the OH had a fab time Christie, and Jenna I am actually ill laughing at that comment hahaha, to be fair though I'd be on the floor with you fighting for the popcorn chicken haha x

Back