20 somethings

I think most of us know how it feels to get stuck in a sabotage spiral. I know I do! I spent so long messing around this year that I could have already been at target!

My last night out will be my friend's wedding at the end of November... free run then until Xmas

I'm more excited for my birthday (3 days after Christmas) I have weigh in that morning but that evening I'm having toad in the hole! The one thing you can't make sw friendly!

It's ridiculous how anti-social weightloss can make you. I told friends I was ill last night so as I didn't have to eat off plan (there was literally NOTHING SW friendly on the menu). If they knew they'd be raging and understandably so.

Just wondering...maybe it's just me but because we're all SW ladies do you guys find you're quite sceptical about VLCD's like Lighter life and Cambridge? Obviously I know they work as their calorie intake is so tiny but in the long term I'm not too positive of them.

I have no reason not to be as I've never done one but my friend who is losing weight has switched from sw to Cambridge as she says she can't stick to SW long term but plans to go back to it once she's at target? I just don't want her to work really hard and pile it back on as she doesn't plan on following Cambridge's eating plan once she's finished losing.

Now granted, she did lose 18lbs on Lighter life a few months ago and then tried to switch to SW for a month or so and hasn't put any weight back on but I just imagine in the long term it will be hard and that Cambridge/VLCD's are not a healthy way to lose weight?

Oh Mandy! Congratulations on your loss! Sounds like quite the night. It's lovely that they feel able to cry at group though. I wouldn't have dared at my old group but my current one is so supportive.

I had a bit of a flat start to the week moodwise but I saw my mum last night for the first time since I started SW and before I even said hello she led with 'Look at you! You're all skinny!' :D I'm not skinny - I'm only just in the overweight as opposed to obese category - but I'll take that as motivation and keep on chugging on.

I've got a friend who's recently started the Cambridge Diet and another who's calorie counting in a bid to look good for Christmas. We've been sending each other little pep talk texts and our weight losses each week to keep it competitive! It helps that they WI on Sat & Mon so it helps my focus over the weekend and then going in to the start of the week.

This week feels like its gone on forever. I'm just desperate to WI so I can update some stats!

Jenna - I am quite skeptical about Cambridge and VLCDs. I think if you don't sort out the eating habits and train yourself to eat healthily (and I would say SW is the best diet for it) then you'll inevitably put it all back on. My uncle has done Lighter Life, Atkins, Dukan - all sorts - but in the end it isn't sustainable and he puts loads back on.

Yeh, see I'm just worried that she wants to lose it too fast. Now to be fair to her she sticks to it really well when she's doing it and she's started going to the gym and everything so it's not like she's not committed but I think SW teaches you portion control and how much of the 'naughty' things you can have without piling it back on (says she who weighed in yesterday at 6lbs heavier than the previous days weigh in haha).

I tried Lipotrim TFR once. I lasted 2 weeks before ordering everything on the menu of a take away and making myself sick eating it all! I lost 8lb my first week on that. But in fairness I lost 5lb my first week on SW. If I can eat all that I need to not feel deprived or hungry at all, and lose 5lb, or eat nothing, use no toothpaste/mouthwash, or even have a cup of tea for 8lb..... yeah I know which one I'm going with!

See the bloody Councillor has told her she can lose 10lbs in her first week, which I personally think was a $hit thing to say because now if she doesn't lose it she's going to be disappointed. A simple, if you follow it to a t you should see a good loss next week would have done. I know I'm one to talk as I'm obsessed with the scales but I feel she's putting too much emphasis on them (the councillor and friend). I just hope it goes the way she wants it to.

A girl I (vaguely) know went from a size 24 to size 8 in 20 weeks or something ridiculous like that using the Cambridge diet. I don't have the discipline for it though. I hardly have the discipline for SW!

At college just now, getting grief about wearing short skirts (which I don't actually do!!) - love the girls though, cheer me up no end.

I completely agree with everything that's been said for Cambridge and lipotrim and the likes, I don't talk to people much about this aspect of my journey, but when I got to target which was 11 stone, I became fanatical about my weight and barely left the house, I was weighing constantly and just became a bit obsessed, I then decided to change target to 10 stone 7 and got there in 2 weeks, then changed to 10 and got there in 3 weeks, then decided I wanted to be 9 stone 12 and a half which would make it 11 and a half stone loss in total so started starving myself, I kept on going to SW and my consultant was amazing, visiting me all the time and trying I help me break the mentality, I ended up in hospital for 10 days, had to had my gallbladder out and my hair was literally falling out in clumps, I was so poorly, it was a huge shock, I think having been big my entire life, comin to terms with the fact I was no longer 21 and a half stone was really hard, I changed target back to 10 and have broken the mentality and am happily maintaining and back on the plan. I'm still obsessed with weighing myself but I'm happy in myself now. When I went through the bad spell I was researching a lot of these diets and nearly tried them but didn't. So glad I'm where I am now x

Thanks girls! Yes Jenna it was horrendous!! Used to be literally crippled, I've heard it's very common when you've lost weight! I used to think it was trapped wind, it makes me laugh now cos it was deffo alot worse then just needing to pump haha, it happened right around the time I was starving myself and I suddenly turned yellow, my eyes were yellow and I felt terrible and of course the outbreaks of pain in what I used to tell the doctor was my ribs, went to see him and he said I needed to go to the hospital immediately cos I had jaundice and something must be wrong with my kidneys, so went up to hospital and didn't come out for 10 days!

Back