20 somethings

Ladies, the bullet has been bitten! I have booked in with a friend for a gym induction tomorrow night, the only thing is I know an increase in exercise will likely make me battle with the scales but I need to tone up! 7.30pm tomorrow and I will officially be a gym member for the next 3 months! I have NEVER joined a gym before, excited and scared!

Good luck with the gym Jenna :) I miss going to mine so I am sure you will enjoy it and you'll be in the 8's before you know it!

Welcome back Clare, good that you went to group, that's the hardest thing. I haven't been the last 2 weeks (ill and then holiday) and I weighed myself at home this morning and 4lb on so Thursday night will be fun haha but I don't mind as it'll come off just like yours will. Really good news on the new job and good luck with the move :)

My tea was yummy even thought I did burn my chips as was watching the telly lol

I need cheering up good job i don't have anything sweet in the house, started my new volunteer job today all was going well till i made a mistake on a set of leaflets and sent them to print, managed to print 70+ of them before noticing.

feel like a complete idiot and now dreading going back tomorrow i just want to cry :cry: and stuff my face.

sweetdll said:
I need cheering up good job i don't have anything sweet in the house, started my new volunteer job today all was going well till i made a mistake on a set of leaflets and sent them to print, managed to print 70+ of them before noticing.

feel like a complete idiot and now dreading going back tomorrow i just want to cry :cry: and stuff my face.

Don't be silly, we all make mistakes :) I crashed my car on my first day at work, surely that's worse than some leaflets - a guy in the office still doesn't talk to me!!

I'm going to stay off the scales this week, 'till at least Friday - then I might have a cheeky peek - and that'll be me 'till Monday WI.

Thanks for all your support ladies xx

I know exactly how you feel honey - I signed something off before holiday and had 10,000 printed and as soon as I walked in the office today I spotted a mistake! It gives you that sick feeling but honestly, it really doesn't matter.

I'm sure you'll have a great day tomorrow - please try not to let it worry you too much xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I once placed a HUGE order at work. There wasn't enough room for it and my boss told me later she nearly called me in on my day off to deal with it. Haha. Then there were the sandwich orders that went nuts so we had to clear it each day, I forgot and we got 80 sausage and egg sandwiches delivered. So yup, we ALL make silly mistakes it is ok :)

Started trying to knit myself a jumper for when I am target. Hope it works out (my own pattern).

I have a poorly little boy. Stupid toddler groups. I like taking him but he is getting poorly at EVERY visit. He is sat on my lap with squash and a cracker now and seems a little perkier but he wails when he is not on me.... At least it males serial weigjing difficult! Not had anything to eat yet, I have been told lunch will be "fart soup" (i dread to think) and tea I'd sw quiche, sw chips and veggies. Looks like it may be a green day. Must remember not to snack on ham!

Aww fran that's awful, I hope he's better soon.

I have a poorly husband but I've escaped to work and college! First day back on the plan 100% for me

Sounds like there are lots of lurgies going around at the moment - everyone in my office is coughing and sneezing! I'm being really anti-social and sitting in my office with the door shut!

Hope little ones and hubbies are feeling better soon! x

Oh best to escape Clare! Hope you have a fab 100% day. No coughing and sneezing but I did get a nappy full of stinky brown water. It was funny about 45 minutes after calpol he was running around like the advert. He had a very short sleep, just given him some milk and hoping he will have a longer sleep now... So I can get yet more washing on and sterilize his bottles.

Miss corset, don't forget to spray them with amtibacterial spray should you have to go out.

Whew... I had a lot of catching up to do here!

Fran that food sounds delish! I hope your little man gets better soon. I know exactly what you mean about the playgroup, Fia gets sick every week too.. sooo annoying!

Star, root out those recipes for me, please! I wad ideally looking for something that would be ready to dish up when they get here. And well done to you, Jo and Clare for getting back to it. It's really hard sometimes when all you want is to be bad at that moment, and then feel guilty about the bigger picture.

Jenna, I'm sure you'll love the gym and will get to target soon. If not target weight, then at least toning up will shift inches! The weight is just a number, anyway, it's the body you want.

It's WI for me today! Going to the earlier class at 3.30pm this week, as I'm just so tired today and the thoughts of sitting in group from 5pm until 7pm is just not appealing. I want to get back home and have a nice soak in the bath and some dinner... plus I bought the yarn to start a cardigan...and just reading the pattern (which, incidentally reads like stereo instructions!) I know it's going to take all evening and I'll still have to rip it tomorrow evening and continue practising to get it right.
It'll be worth it in the end...won't it?

Sweetdll... I was working as Head Reception for a newspaper a few years ago, and for the first month (yes month) didn't know I was supposed to send out subscriptions lol.... I had all sorts of people calling me and demanding to know where their newspapers were.

So I can't start my new job till 1st November which is a bit annoying but I have a 4 week notice period in my contract so there's not much I can do!

Picked up my first pair of glasses today, I feel a bit weird and I'm not sure how much difference they're making but I actually quite like them lol!

well i had a good day at work today :), and apparntly the leaflets with the typo are still useable. i had Maintain.this week, but thats ok coz i had a bad week, i had a big slice of cheesecake at a job interview, felt rude to decline. keep getting offered cake and biscuits at work but i'm being good and refusing.

working from home tomorrow coz there is sooo much they need to get done before the 24th and i need the whole of that week off as i have a visitor and i have to have a tooth out which means a week of antibiotics which = fits.

sorry to hear about your little boy being ill fran, and claree i wear glasses and when i first started didn't notice a difference will i took them off, having to wait 4 weeks sucks but at least you know it will be happening.

jenna just means you worked hard, be warned you will most likely ache tomorrow, if you can try to do some exercise even if you ache sounds mad but it does help the pain. also don't be dishartened if you see a gain on the scales if you do its most likely just water as long as you have been good that is.

I used to get that if I didn't eat before the gym. Maybe try and have al Alpen Light or a banana half an hour before your next session?xx

Miss_Corset said:
I used to get that if I didn't eat before the gym. Maybe try and have al Alpen Light or a banana half an hour before your next session?xx

We obv posted at the same time lol! I had my dinner like an hour before I went but I'm willing to give it a try! Might have a banana (people always bang on about them being good for energy) x

Back