20 somethings

0.5 off for me this week. I was hoping for more but it was good enough to get SOTW!

Feeling run down and overtired today. I've had a red day so I used my extra HexB and 4 syns for Nutella on toast. Heaven!

Hi everyone!! Hope you have all had great days? Mine has been mega busy at work, but I managed to sneak off and get home by 5 so have had a quieter night - only worked for one hour at home tonight (which is good for me) and caught up on Geordie shore and TOWIE (gotta watch these when OH is working haha!!) and the soaps. I spent time having a shower and washing my hair, AND made myself a delicious sw friendly carbonara pasta for 6 syns (creme fraiche and Parmesan. - have rounded up as used a little more than necessary I think ;-) )

I also made some extra pasta and have made myself a huge pasta salad to take to work tomorrow (I think there may be enough for tomorrow and Fridays lunches) with lots of super free! I'm feeling soo good about this, like a real fresh start! Going to mum and dads for dinner tomorrow night, mum is making a Scottish dish called stovies which I think on top of the little bit of extra light mayo in my pasta salad will deffo take me to my 15 syns, so gotta be careful tomorrow!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling but I think I am back in the zone haha! Xxx

Muzza I have been doing kettlebells and I love them. Check out FitnessBlender's channel on Youtube here, they have some amazing kettlebell workout videos and lots of other types of workout too, but I've been loving the KB ones.

I am over the moon as despite Friday's indiscretions I lost 2lbs and fluked SOTW. Now I need to make sure to be good this week so as to see a continued result. I'm going away for the weekend with my OH so will be eating out on Sat but will also be doing a ~13 mile walk so that should help! JUst need to make sure I take plenty of SW friendly snacks with me.

Well done on sotw girls, wow just on 0.5 emily must have been a bad week for most? Lol

Congratulations on the losses ladies and on SOTW too :) Lyrically I dread to think what the other members of your group did last week but you must be chuffed and 2 off is a good loss H

Sorry CH, no idea on the pic question :confused:

Ramble on Camz, you're doing great and it's good to share when you are doing so well. I love that pasta is a free food, it's so versatile!

Just out of interest do you ladies buy the normal white pasta or do you get the brown type? I generally get white...because it's cheaper and comes in little bow shapes lol :D

I have to admit I am a little paranoid that I have sacred everyone off because it's been another strangely quiet day on here x

Hi I am 22 and started slimming world in mid january. I have only managed to lose 3.5 lbs so far in 7 weeks :s as have had quite a few celebrations (my birthday, mums wedding) so not stuck totally to plan, hoping now that i will it will come off more quickly :)

I try to only eat brown pasta but it can't always be that way as there are shapes that you just can't get in brown, eg angel hair. It's a shame because I probably prefer it to white and would eat it all the time if I could.

mmmm Stovies!! Not had those in a while!!

Hi Ahsh and welcome to our little group. Don't worry that's it's been a slow loss, its still a loss.

What is a stovie? Never heard of them...

I just never know if I should change to brown as i am not sure of the difference

Morning all!

I only ever eat white pasta, not sure if brown would make a difference? Maybe worth a try?

Stovies is a dish made in a big pot and its literally square sausage broken up (5 syns each eek!! 2.5 of them is my limit tonight haha!) and cooked in a pan with potatoes, all cooked down til the potato goes mushy in places. I don't think I've done it justice as that sounds horrible haha, but it is gorgeous, especially with brown sauce on!! Yumm! Roll on tea time!

I only had 7 syns yesterday so won't worry too much if I have a little extra tonight - the only syns I have for today is 1.5 of el mayo - but hoping to only eat half of my massive portion. We'll see!!

Thursday today guys - 1 more early start before the weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Eurgh wi tomorrow, dreading it now after yesterdays reading lol we will see in the morning I guess

Hey girls! I hear you've missed me ;) I've just had a bit of a stressy week and didnt want to be bugging you all with it when there was such positivity about. Although you seem to all have been hit by the grumpy stick.

Laura you and I both know you can kick arse this week and show us all how it is done. Enjoy seeing your mum and remember your limits ;)

Star, it is lovely seeing you doing so well, the weight is going to drop off.

Christie, step away from the scales midweek. i constantly torture myself with it and it is daft. I didnt weigh at all last week between weigh in and I was much more relaxed.

A big hi to all the new comers and hurrah for there being less of us there once was.

Emily well done for sotw, I bet you had a giggle! I hope you get a more deserved result next week. I will tell you what my mum always tells me which is that weightloss is not linear, but it will come :)

My news? I lost 2lbs this week after increasing my syns and using my healthy extras in my meals. I had a lot of cheese this week! Haha. My body is so backwards! But I am just 1lb away from my 5 stone award and 3lbs from a total loss of 6 stone! Freaky. I've just had my visit about the house, they will have a meeting, then the parish have to say yes. She did say they only visit the number of people that there are houses. So should she get ticks for the info/references given (which I should) then it should be all good. And I will know either way in 2 weeks maximum. To know it isn't visiting 10 people for 4 houses is such a relief.

Fingers crossed for u fran sounds more positive on the housing situation now :)

I managed three weeks without midweek wi (although technically midweek for me is monday/tuesday) but now my OH weighs every Wednesday its become a habit to weigh before or after him lol maybe I should have just kept it to wednesday but I find Friday is working much better for me and I havent gained since I changed so hopefully that will continue

Yeah, from being told I essay 27th on the list, to getting a letter and no one turning up on Tuesday's meeting it has been pretty stressful. The weasel got in to get the quails again but this time took them away. It took 6 so there are just 3 left now :( I hate wildlife.

Can your oh not weigh on Friday too? Glad you haven't had a gain since, but honest I was doing my nut in weighing myself. I didn't last week because I'd given up hope anything would come off and I'd have to do fast forward. Which now I don't (hurrah) my body just seemed to need that extra 100 calories of syn. But now I'm starving so I will run off and have some lunch!

Sometimes your body needs the syns to lose weight. It's all about balance at the end of the day!

I lost 5lbs this week, which is crazy! I didn't do ANYTHING differently, and yet there it was, 5lbs off! In fact, I went out on Friday night and got so steaming drunk I don't even remember getting home, let alone how many drinks I had!!! I can only put it down to the fact that I've worked 48 hours this week and I am too exhausted to cook much, which means lots of salads that don't take long to prepare!

Thanks Hatwell will look it up. I do the 10 minute ones at mo do a few a night. I used to do them all the time and really felt it toning me up.

welcome back fran and well done on the loss!

Well done to everyone with losses this week (and sotw) Good work ladies.

Yey friday tomorrow, really looking forward to saturday as I have my friends round and then to town for drinks gonna be worth the syns x

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I have been AWOL. I went to Cumbria for the weekend and then straight to London for a few days. Safe to say A LOT of calories have been consumed and I am expecting a fair whack of a gain. I no longer fit into the jeans I just slimmed into :( weigh in is at 7.30pm so I will report back.

I hope everyone is well. Fran sorry to hear about your stressful week although it does sound like things are moving with the house yay!

Good luck jade, I'm sure you can get it back off again quick enough.

Becci that is fab. I have never lost 5lbs in a week! It was odd because I was full enough the whole time so it never crossed my mind I hadn't eaten enough calories. I hope you get another good loss this week.

Thanks muzza. Have fun when you are out :)

When I have been told it is mine I will feel better, i'll then have to make more calls and fill in forms and stuff. Then the hassle of actually moving, but we will be so much more settled there and we will have our own space.

Well done beci thats great! X

Morning all!

I only ever eat white pasta, not sure if brown would make a difference? Maybe worth a try?

Stovies is a dish made in a big pot and its literally square sausage broken up (5 syns each eek!! 2.5 of them is my limit tonight haha!) and cooked in a pan with potatoes, all cooked down til the potato goes mushy in places. I don't think I've done it justice as that sounds horrible haha, but it is gorgeous, especially with brown sauce on!! Yumm! Roll on tea time!

Thursday today guys - 1 more early start before the weekend

That sounds amazing!!!! But like you say the syns are high but I bet you are enjoying it and I hope you are having a nice night

Hey girls! I hear you've missed me ;) I've just had a bit of a stressy week and didnt want to be bugging you all with it when there was such positivity about. Although you seem to all have been hit by the grumpy stick.

Star, it is lovely seeing you doing so well, the weight is going to drop off.

Christie, step away from the scales midweek. i constantly torture myself with it and it is daft. I didnt weigh at all last week between weigh in and I was much more relaxed.

My news? I lost 2lbs this week after increasing my syns and using my healthy extras in my meals. I had a lot of cheese this week! Haha. My body is so backwards! But I am just 1lb away from my 5 stone award and 3lbs from a total loss of 6 stone! Freaky

It's good to have you back Fran but remember we are here for the bad times as much as the good so don't feel you can't vent if you need to.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed you get the house and that the rest of your quails stay safe.

Your advice on not weighing too often is great. I never weigh between weigh days because it has the opposite effect because if I see a loss then it makes me think i can eat whatever and I end up undoing the good work

And congratulations on your loss this week, i knew you'd do it :p

Sometimes your body needs the syns to lose weight. It's all about balance at the end of the day!

I lost 5lbs this week, which is crazy! I didn't do ANYTHING differently, and yet there it was, 5lbs off! In fact, I went out on Friday night and got so steaming drunk I don't even remember getting home, let alone how many drinks I had!!! I can only put it down to the fact that I've worked 48 hours this week and I am too exhausted to cook much, which means lots of salads that don't take long to prepare!

Wow Beci that's a great loss and it was probably the evening off you had that got you that loss. Hope you get a good loss next week too

Back